IGNORED

Cuttle Cart 2 Discussion Thread

cschell

Hi!

I'm having a very strange issue with mine - the 'Game List' appears corrupt for the first hundred or so lines (all garbage in the descriptions). Then I finally get to some of the games I put on there, but no matter which one I select, it comes back with XXXXXX.BIN not found! (I double-checked, all of the bins are in the games folder of the MMC card). I've even tried reformatting the card, and starting over (/fs:FAT) - same problem. Has anyone heard of this?

TIA

Oh no!!

My CC2 was at my front door!!!!

And.... I wasn't home!!!

Oh, the humanity!!!

Now I have to wait until tomorrow...

Hmmm..

Maybe I could break into the FedEx facility...???

If you see a headline:

Oregon Man arrested trying to break into FedEx, screaming, "I need my Cuttle Cart!!!"

You'll know who... :-)

er...

Oh, I suppose I could wait..

desiv

:ponder: :x :?

Hi!

I'm having a very strange issue with mine - the 'Game List' appears corrupt for the first hundred or so lines (all garbage in the descriptions).  Then I finally get to some of the games I put on there, but no matter which one I select, it comes back with XXXXXX.BIN not found!  (I double-checked, all of the bins are in the games folder of the MMC card).  I've even tried reformatting the card, and starting over (/fs:FAT) - same problem.  Has anyone heard of this?

TIA

If you open your MENU.CC2 file in notepad (or similar) does it look fairly normal or do you see lots of weird garbage in it?

Mitch

Question: What format do the 7800 roms need to be in to get them to work?  The ones I got from AtariAge don't seem to work,  am I donig something wrong?

Binary format, you need to strip off the first 128 bytes from the A78 files.

Um, you do have access to SOME kind OS, right?  You do know that I recompiled the menu generator for OS X and wrote a serial downloader like over a year ago, right?

And if not OS X, what then?  BSD?  TRSDOS?  Amiga?

Amiga and/or MorphOS preferably. It's not overly tough to convert Linux/Unix stuff, so I may see if any programmers I know are willing to take on the challenge. At worst I'll see if some PC-owning people will help me out.

It's a little academic right now anyway, as the computer I was planning to use for loading up the CC2 (Pegasos II) has bombed out and won't power on at all. Tried switching power supplies, so the problem seems to lie elsewhere. Anyway the result is my new Cuttle Cart gets to sit around like an orphan until I figure out how to set up the MMC card.

Question: What format do the 7800 roms need to be in to get them to work?  The ones I got from AtariAge don't seem to work,  am I donig something wrong?

Binary format, you need to strip off the first 128 bytes from the A78 files.

There are other places on the net that have 7800 games in .bin format if you're not into stripping 128 bytes.

Hey, stop peeking at me! ;) :P

Eyeballs that mmc card... Hmmm

Yeah that was the hardest part for me. Finding an MMC card.

Anyways for those of you having trouble finding a machine to create your menu's on. There are people here willing to send the files you need to you. That is what I did. Someone here was nice enough to send it and I just dumped it onto my MMC.

Instant 2600/7800 library!!

Just got mine yesterday, and it works great... except I'm having the same problem with Supercharger games that sdamon mentioned last year - they all give me an orange/pink screen.  I've made sure they're set to SC bankswitching, and named with two zeros on the end, but no luck.  Was there ever a fix found for this?

Yes there was. If you go to http://www.schells.com/cc2utils/cc2files.shtml and download the SC startup file and ROM and it will probably fix your problem.

I thought I had grabbed all the latest updates to put on the CD. Clearly I was wrong. :(

Sorry,

Chad

That did the trick - thanks!

If anyone still needs the BIN versions of the 7800 games you can get them here.

Mitch

Yeay, received and working!!!!

Plugged in my MMC (which I've had ready for a month or so.. :-), powered it on, and up came the menu.

Scrolled down, Alien Brigade, loaded and ran!!!

Very nice...

I know I have to upgrade some stuff, since my MMC has been sitting waiting for a bit, but I just had to try it quickly.

Now, I have to go back to work.

(Ran home as soon as the FedEx page said it was on my doorstep.)

Nice work Chad!!!

desiv

Anyways for those of you having trouble finding a machine to create your menu's on.  There are people here willing to send the files you need to you.  That is what I did.  Someone here was nice enough to send it and I just dumped it onto my MMC.

Instant 2600/7800 library!!

I would love to get a complete MMC image already fine tuned and working with all the games and the correct bank switching and doc files. Is there anyone who has created a complete CC2 package who is willing to post it somewhere?

Bill

I would love to get a complete MMC image already fine tuned and working with all the games and the correct bank switching and doc files.  Is there anyone who has created a complete CC2 package who is willing to post it somewhere?

I have no way to host such a large file but if you're willing to send me a blank MMC card in the mail I’d be happy to send it back to you full of goodies.