IGNORED

Cuttle Cart 2 Discussion Thread

cschell

Just add them manually to MENU.TXT (in the same format as the menu file, with TAB between each field) and run the menu generator program to produce a new MENU.CC2 file.

I think it's called the menu convertor. The generator is the one that scans a ROM directory and renames the ROMs while generating a menu.cc2 and menu.txt.

Chad

• Like 1

Has anyone used the RS-MMC in the CC2? Will it fit or is the RS-MMC too small? I haven't used one but I've read it's the same as a MMC just smaller.

I didn't even know such things existed. A quick jump to the sandisk website says that their RS-MMCs come with an adapter to make them fit in standard MMC slots.

They claim with the adapter that it will work in older MMC products.

Of course since I didn't know they existed you can probably guess that I have no first hand knowledge of whether or not they work. Pretty cool if they do though, because that means a new easy supply of MMCs.

Chad

Anyways for those of you having trouble finding a machine to create your menu's on.  There are people here willing to send the files you need to you.  That is what I did.  Someone here was nice enough to send it and I just dumped it onto my MMC.

Instant 2600/7800 library!!

I would love to get a complete MMC image already fine tuned and working with all the games and the correct bank switching and doc files. Is there anyone who has created a complete CC2 package who is willing to post it somewhere?

Bill

Send me a PM with your email address and I will send you a ready to go MMC image.

@ SS - www.yousendit.com works good for sending large files (up to 1gb) And the recipient doesn't need to accept the whole thing, they go to the yousendit site thru a link and download it from them.

:idea: I am working on getting a host for this file since I am getting sick of uploading it for everyone ;)

Well Chad helped me with my Supercharger problem... I acquired (ahem) the SC games long after I originally ran the CC2menugen.exe program and named them thinking the "00" was unnecessary. Well, it would seem that *ALL* SC ROMs need to have the "00" at the end, not just the multi-load ones.

So, anyway, I'm happy now that Frogger finally works. :D

I'd upload mine but as it includes stuff like the Ebivision ROMs and other assorted "not so sure about it" stuff, I'd prefer to strip them out first before making my "ultimate" image available. PAL and NTSC titles, almost 1,100 at last count, everything works to my knowledge (as I've tested it).

Anyways for those of you having trouble finding a machine to create your menu's on.  There are people here willing to send the files you need to you.  That is what I did.  Someone here was nice enough to send it and I just dumped it onto my MMC.

Instant 2600/7800 library!!

I would love to get a complete MMC image already fine tuned and working with all the games and the correct bank switching and doc files. Is there anyone who has created a complete CC2 package who is willing to post it somewhere?

Bill

Send me a PM with your email address and I will send you a ready to go MMC image.

@ SS - www.yousendit.com works good for sending large files (up to 1gb) And the recipient doesn't need to accept the whole thing, they go to the yousendit site thru a link and download it from them.

:idea: I am working on getting a host for this file since I am getting sick of uploading it for everyone ;)

Thanks for the link. I was gonna suggest some type of place to store it since there are so many of them. Also you should be happy because sending it to someone means more CC2's are on the market. ;)

I'd upload mine but as it includes stuff like the Ebivision ROMs and other assorted "not so sure about it" stuff, I'd prefer to strip them out first before making my "ultimate" image available. PAL and NTSC titles, almost 1,100 at last count, everything works to my knowledge (as I've tested it).

It's not so ultimate if you strip out the good stuff ;) I think mine only has 2 or 3 of the ebvision games. And the properties on my games folder says 872 files, all ntsc (with maybe 10 pal titles I never took off of there)

Need to do some testing, (and the appeal is rather limited) but I should have a binary of the Menu Convertor to run on MorphOS very soon (from the Linux source code). If everything works out, I'll pass it along so it can be included with Chad Schell's materials (if he's interested)

It's not so ultimate if you strip out the good stuff ;) I think mine only has 2 or 3 of the ebvision games. And the properties on my games folder says 872 files, all ntsc (with maybe 10 pal titles I never took off of there)

Well true... but there's all six Ebivision games for starters (yes, including Pacman).

I've taken one working copy of every game out there "officially" released and the homebrews. There are not many hacks at all, and clones are gone (unless they were in a format that wasn't officially released ie. NTSC official and someone hacked a PAL release when there wasn't one to begin with). That probably explains the difference.

Quelle and BitCorp stuff seems to be in there, but say there's a game with four different ROMs out there (under multiple names) then I've just taken ONE of them to use.

I actually realised I don't have a Power Off ROM (though I do own the "original" being sold here at the AA store). Dunno if anyone has one to pass along for my collection or not, no matter. Yet.

Right... it's uploading currently, should be available from here sometime fairly soon...

http://62.168.142.47/~mayhem/images/CC2clean.zip

Don't hammer it too much, not my bandwidth! :P

File is about 8MB big and currently I've taken out the Ebivision ROMs. If anyone feels anything else needs to go, then let me know.

128bytes, is that card formatted correctly? Looks nice, but I'm not sure I know how to format one, and I'd be afraid of erasing something important.

What's this cable that was included? Does this travel from the CC2 to the card reader/writer?

It came pre-formatted in FAT, and was 100% ready to go without any formatting. Formatting them is easy, though, but I won't get into the how-to here.

The cable is only used if you want to do hack/homebrew development. You should use a cheap card reader/writer to transfer your ROM images to the MMC.

FWIW

mikesarcade.com has pokey chips for $6 (US).

I just didn't have the heart to gut a perfectly good

Ballblazer cart for my CC2. The chip I got was

printed with "Philippines" instead of "Taiwan."

AMI 8810MHQ

C012294B-01

C03051

Anyone having problems with some of the 2600 games? I get a fatal Error when the CC2 tries to load a couple of games. I have to work through them to see which ones work and which ones don't but I know for sure that Subterranea crashes when loading. Am I the only one with this problem?

Anyone having problems with some of the 2600 games? I get a fatal Error when the CC2 tries to load a couple of games. I have to work through them to see which ones work and which ones don't but I know for sure that Subterranea crashes when loading. Am I the only one with this problem?

The only fatal error I have seen is when one of my MMC's went corrupt, and wouldn't pull the menu up, or play any game. All I had to do there, was format and reinstall all the roms.

Yours sounds like a slightly different problem if you can actually get the menu, but get the error only when selecting certain 2600 games.

I would have to say that getting any kind of error like that is not normal and would indicate there is a problem with something. Hopefully it is just your menu or something, and not the cc2 itself.

I tried reformatting the MMc and recopying everything on to it again. Unfortunately I'm getting the same problems with the same games. 2 games right off the top of my head that didn't work right either time are subterranea and tapper. Most games work but now I notice alot don't. And it seems to be the same games both times.... :sad:

What type of fatal error? There's usually more info on the top of the screen.

But my guess is that your F8.BNK file is corrupt. Rename your BANKING directory to BANKBAD, and then copy the BANKING directory from the zip file to the MMC again.

If you're using Windows be sure to right click on the MMC drive in My Computer and select "Eject" before you remove the MMC from the computer. This will flush the write cache and cleanly dismount the MMC.

Chad

I just tried taking a new one off the CC2 disk that was sent me (I originally used the CC2 files I downloaded from a link here) and it still doesn't work. Same damn thing. Guess this stupid cart is NFG. So how do I get a replacement?  :x

If only a few games don't work, it's very unlikely it is your CC2. It could an improperly formatting MMC, bad ROMs, incorrect MENU.CC2 file, etc.

You should email me at support at schells dot com and I can help you work through this.

Chad

Yes -

Sorry, I meant to post a follow up :(

I am lucky, though - the person at work whose 7800 I borrowed to test with let me keep it. It's an 'expansion port' model too! :D So I will transfer the 8-bit Audio / Video mod to this machine instead.

P.S. - I have to say Chad is one of the best people to work with; extremely helpful, knowledgable, and just a good person all around. :)