IGNORED

WANTED: Supercharger

hellfish

http://www.io.com/~nickb/atari/tools.html

Oops...it's called Makewav

There is also one called PlayBin which has a window and gui to let you load single files. (only problem is you have to sort out your 4 and 2k binaries with playbin and makewav does that for you if you are comfortable using command prompt)

playbininst.zip

I got it yesterday- This thing is great!  I loaded my first homebrew song into the Atari without a hitch.  I'm having trouble getting the included "Phaser Patrol" game to load tho- the screen just displays:

"Rewind Tape"

???????

Oh, you have to mess with them a bit, they can get kind of squirrely (if that's a word):

Make sure the tape player you use for the Supercharger isn't real close to the tv and your Atari, for one thing. Most important is mess with the volume control; the instructions say to crank it up full blast if the tape won't load, but I've found that to NOT be so.

Try it a bit under the halfway mark, which is where mine currently is, then rewind the tape and press play. If the flashing "rewind tape" message comes up again, try turning the volume higher a little bit at a time...if you hit the right amount, the tape will start to load right then and there, but if not, then rewind it, take a deep breath, and try turning the volume up again a notch. If you can get the game to load up, then MAKE A MARK ON THE VOLUME CONTROL AND DON'T ERASE IT!!!

That's probably the biggest problem you'll have...good luck, and let us know how it goes!

One way to correct this is to edit the binaries by using a disassembler and move the data out of that memory location.

In case anyone is interested, Muncher, Confrontation, and Mangia have been hacked to run on a Supercharger. I did what Nukey Shay described for three games that few of us will own as a cartridge.

Download the binaries from this thread:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=30497