IGNORED

WANTED: Supercharger

hellfish

WANTED: STARPATH SUPERCHARGER

I have been writing my own music for the 2600 and testing it on an

emulator- but now I'm ready to run these tunes on hardware.  I have been searching all over for a Starpath/Arcadia Supercharger- no luck so far.  If someone can point me in the right direction (or has one for sale!) I would greatly appreciate it.

I have an extra that I wasn't planning to sell but if you make me a nice Paypal offer for it I might :) Maybe CPU can vouch for me ;)

It's complete in box with the Phaser Patrol game cassette but the box has a bunch of wear. I can take a pic later tonight and post it here if you're interested.

Thanks man, here's a pic of the CIB Supercharger, which will be on it's way to Cali shortly :)

I got it yesterday- This thing is great! I loaded my first homebrew song into the Atari without a hitch. I'm having trouble getting the included "Phaser Patrol" game to load tho- the screen just displays:

"Rewind Tape"

???????

What's the difference between a PAL and an NTSC Supercharger?  I thought that it was in the programs themselves :?

I'd like to know as well here... though perhaps I should test the PAL Supercharger game I've now got with the NTSC Supercharger unit I got from John Hardie and see if they work together.

So it has a ROM in the acutal supercharger for the load screen?

What is the mod that many refer to?

I may have to invest in one of these. Im guessing there is a piece of software somewhere that takes a bin/ROM and outputs this into sound files? This would be nice for debugging a game on a TV rather than through an emulator. Hmm....

The difference is that the startup program (starfield - press play) rolls on PAL SuperChargers on NTSC machines and vise versa.  ;)

Not always! ;)

Quit confusing people. Of course if the TV can handle it, it makes no difference.

What is the mod that many refer to?

The Supercharger works with 6k binaries layed out in 3 2k banks. IIRC, the 1st 2k bank is always present, and it "looks" at address $FFF8 to see if the 2nd 2k bank should be swapped for the 3rd. If the program tries to access that memory location, the Supercharger gets the signal to swap banks...so if any 4k binary tries to access that memory location, it will fail in the Supercharger. One way to correct this is to edit the binaries by using a disassembler and move the data out of that memory location. This of course is impractical...and an easier solution is to modify the Supercharger so that it is "tricked" into thinking that memory location isn't being accessed.

I may have to invest in one of these. Im guessing there is a piece of software somewhere that takes a bin/ROM and outputs this into sound files? This would be nice for debugging a game on a TV rather than through an emulator. Hmm....

Yes, it's called bin2wav...and you should be able to get it from either Nick's or Bob's website (look in the 2600/links section). What it does is it converts the binary to a .wav file...which can then be recorded on a cassette or compact disc.