IGNORED

Wanted: Interesting Auctions

Albert

On 10/30/2023 at 9:01 PM, OldPAL said:

I wonder if those are NES ports built in or if there is actual 2600 hardware inside?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Shawn said:

I wonder if those are NES ports built in or if there is actual 2600 hardware inside?

Good question. As there is a separate switch just to get into 2600 mode my guess was that they put a miniboard with an Atari-on-a-chip or something. In that case how they are sharing the same RF and controller ports without a board redesign would be a mystery.

9 hours ago, OldPAL said:

Good question. As there is a separate switch just to get into 2600 mode my guess was that they put a miniboard with an Atari-on-a-chip or something. In that case how they are sharing the same RF and controller ports without a board redesign would be a mystery.

Its 9 pin famiclone ports if you looks carefully and not nes ports.

The modern non-HDMI NES console clones you can still buy now that popped up 5 years ago or so with the classic edition used those, and that same port you can find on 90s (early) era famiclones as well.  Even the elusive japanese famiclone that should not exist due to their laws has those things on them and all use the port the same way too.

Wow would have loved to owned one of those, but I'm not getting into a less brains than cash battle on ebay.  That non-gauntlet n64 cart in particular I've held those very ones sticker and all back in 2001 at the offices and would be a treasure having that once more.  I think I still have one of the old generic office business cards around here I'd put it with. :)

20 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Wow would have loved to owned one of those, but I'm not getting into a less brains than cash battle on ebay.  That non-gauntlet n64 cart in particular I've held those very ones sticker and all back in 2001 at the offices and would be a treasure having that once more.  I think I still have one of the old generic office business cards around here I'd put it with. :)

I never tracked stuff past lynx, So I have no idea what those are worth. Funny thing is, I have know derryl depriest for about 25 years back when he was working atari coinop in marketing. These did not come from derryl.  I did not know he switched to home games, but I should have figured it out. I think it was him that let me see the jag visor and the 3d missile command game for it.  I even bought derryls area 51 and area 51 site 4 employee jackets!  Based on what the carts are going for, I bet derryl, wished he kept them all!!

out of that deal I got 3 press kits one to the company pitching the game show network and 2 for midway games nhl hitz2003 and dr. muto.  I thought they were interesting so I bought them. I should have been more focused on the games! But I was after more of the arcade related things.

I also got a game for the rzone system area 51.  I think its pretty rare. I dont plan on collecting it, so I will sell it eventually.

rzonearea51.thumb.JPG.96c2d9f3ce19b27e2867b5b97fc24417.JPG

drmuto1.thumb.JPG.0d1e9568e5aa0c3ec811526ca206f6ef.JPG

drmuto2.thumb.JPG.d8516cd21a872696811b6aed3d0be8d2.JPG

drmuto3.thumb.JPG.1656225f48764182248bd33fa662a773.JPG

gameshow2.thumb.JPG.ebb145bbb97d574895242035a794935b.JPG

gameshow1.thumb.JPG.2db6aeddfbd5942c60084bd400bd601c.JPG

nhlhitz2003.thumb.JPG.64c383e2d7892cd5213506b18db6bed4.JPG

hitz20032.thumb.JPG.efc591c694bce1d76c61c0533e9e235a.JPG

hitz20031.thumb.JPG.382905841c59bb6b54afa60e8d58d08f.JPG

Edited by mr.bill
  • Like 2

Wow I remember that Muto kit, the Hitz 2003 I think I do too given that was worked on in 2002 and also looks a bit familiar.  For a time Midway did have some nice bonus items in kits like that.

I kind of wish I had held onto some of my press sampler/bribe stuff from the years I did gaming media.  That and a few key items from E3s I was at as well, how I miss my big tall plushie Goemon, the small dog from Sega for Fur Fighters, my Conkers BFD beer mug, the Lunar punch puppet of Ghaleon too all come to mind.  Media wise I had a nice DS flash kit from Sega for Sonic Rush, and then Nintendo had this little mini golf kit that was ok for True Swing on DS, stuff like that.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 0078265317 said:

I did not know they had board game back then.  Just found this.

You've never seen the Pac-man board game? Wow. They (a bunch of them were from Milton Bradley) made board games for most of the popular arcade games from that time period. Pac-man, Donkey Kong, Centipede, Turbo, Jungle Hunt, Zaxxon and several others.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...