IGNORED

2600 protos

atari70s

Here's my opinion...

You either have to be:

A. Really lucky at the thrifts / flea markets

B. Know someone and have REALLY good trade stock or expendable income.

C. Try eBay, and have ALOT of expendable income.

B is probably the most reliable method, but I personally am partial to A. I just wish I was!

In my case it's alot of B and a little C. I've never found a prototype in the wild, maybe it's because I live in Michigan and most proto finds are made out west (nearer to Atari's HQ).

In my case I happen to know a bunch of guys who know ex-Atari employees. I guess all I can say is make contacts, I've met alot of people over the years and while they may not have been interested in trading or selling their prototypes then, a few years down the road they were.

Also you can check Ebay for some intersting prototypes but usually the prices get way too high. Going through friends is defently the better way to go.

Tempest

Nah you wouldn't want to do that, my attack guinea pig would getcha.

The best way to get prototypes is to track down old Atari employees and threaten to blackmail them unless they give you a few protos. The line "I know what you did back in 86 and I'm going to the papers with it unless you give me a few prototypes" usually works well.

Tempest

Speaking of which (this is going way off topic), she needs a name. I've had her for about a year and I never could think of a decent name. I wanted something classic gaming related but I couldn't come up with anything that didn't sound cheesy. Any ideas?

Tempest