IGNORED

High Score Club Week 17: Moonsweeper

Ze_ro

TIP:   When you reach 10.000 points you gain an extra life, now go into space and use your shield to drop your score just below 10,000.  Shoot a flare to get back to 10,000 and get another life. Repeat.  You can get all 9 of your potential extra lives doing this trick.

Yikes! That's certainly cheating... Please don't abuse this to get high score people.

--Zero

This weeks game selection actually was a pain. I really didn't want to play this one but i did. Not that its a bad game but there are a select few games that give me some bit of a hard time and in this game it was the little mistakes that mess me up and make me want to scream. My score this week is 999,940 sorry i couldnt maximize my score this time before flipping.

Todd Mr Activision Rogers

This score took 61 minutes to achieve. The key is to totally avoid the blue and green moons. They're nothing more than a low-scoring hazard. Even for the blast-off points, they're just too risky.

And the Orbit screen is another hazard to avoid. Keep the throttle up until you see a red or yellow planet, then dive in. And most importantly: Always listen to the sounds. The Launcher Ships have a very distinct sound, so when you first hear the sound, be ready to move to their location, pull back and fire. The Surface Destroyers are truly dangerous, so totally avoid them by taking out the Launcher Ships post haste.

Unless you're in PCB, I'll "see" you all Thursday. :D

ò¿ó   smiling_to_intellivision.gif

post-178-1091360579_thumb.jpg

This weeks game selection actually was a pain. I really didn't want to play this one but i did. Not that its a bad game but there are a select few games that give me some bit of a hard time and in this game it was the little mistakes that mess me up and make me want to scream. My score this week is 999,940 sorry i couldnt maximize my score this time before flipping.

Todd Mr Activision Rogers

See, I was all content with my score and you had to go and do THAT :twisted: :D

Well, today I pushed my score up to 193,830

I know I can push this one to the limit so I will keep trying tonite if I have the time. And Ze_ro, do not despair, I didn't just hang out in the Orbit screen. In fact, I didn't even do this at all for this score, I only mentioned that tip for the fact that the points for hitting those things go up in relation to the last planet you land on. Like I said, useful if you're close to an extra guy, BORING if you want to max the score ;)

And that's the end of this week! Congrats to everyone for your cool scores. I hope you enjoyed Moonsweeper, I know I did! I had no idea this game was so good... although it's certainly difficult and frustrating at times.

Anyways, I hope you'll all come back for next weeks game. And in case you didn't already notice, the Atarilympics are coming up in two weeks or so... I encourage everyone to join a team! It should be fun!

--Zero

Well, on my screen, his post is dated at 23:52, so if the hard limit is midnight, he still managed to fit it in... I'm working in CST here, so if things seem an hour or so off, then that's probably why.

However, my policy has always been "the contest is over when I say it's over"... so if I'm out some night and don't get back until 2 am... if your post is before mine, then you managed to get it in (In fact if someone ended up posting a major score a couple minutes after mine, I'd probably accept that too... I'm not a TOTAL jerk ;) ). It just so happens that I ended up stopping things very shortly after midnight this time... sorry, better luck next time!

--Zero

I see how you work The 5th Ghost... Right at the last second so someone like me can't top you :) congrats on the score though.

HAHAHA! :D

I was planning on playing most of Sunday evening but got home real late and only had about 2 hours left to play :roll:

I was hoping to get the million points, but not enough time...I didn't realize that I had beat your score though in the end. :P

On to Tron...