IGNORED

eBay searching techniques

jstefans

A posting on the Digital Press site got me interested in this. I have always tried to check the BIN's but the auctions are never less than about an hour old when I can first see them. I try constantly reloading the page to see the new ones but when a new one pops up it's already an hour+ old.

But, for instance, this eBayer (http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1278061378) got Shuttle Orbiter within 5 minutes after the auction began!

I do know that different ways of searching can affect how quickly you see a new auction. For instance, if you use Browse->Video Games->Atari then you'll see new auctions quicker than if you type "Atari" in the search box. I've compared the two methods and consistently the Browse feature shows the newest auctions quicker.

Does anyone know (and willing to tell!) any better eBay searching techniques?

Thanks!

You would have to manually search by the category. Go to the category 9say Atari) and don't use eBay search frature. Rather, just look at the complete listing and refresh every few minutes or so. eBay are slow to update their searches.

It's how I snagged a CIB Maricle Warrior and Monzuma Revenge for SMS for $5 each.

the quickest way, and usually the way most people get the BIN's on those auctions, is by searching by SELLER. or look at seller's other auctions. I know I've gotten one or two BIN's by looking at seller's other auctions, then searched and it wasn't even listed in ebay yet. even an item number search didn't turn up the auction, so I had to do a seller search again to buy it.

Which makes it damn near impossible because you obviously can't watch every seller on ebay :