IGNORED

E.T. again!!!

moycon

Hey did anyone else notice they are releasing E.T. games again? Looks like about 2 or 3 are coming out on the Gameboy Color. Maybe more I've found lot of title names but no screenshots. The list I've found:

E.T. Cosmic Garden

E.T. Power Pods

E.T. The ET Planner.

E.T. Escape from Planet Earth

Also I found a listing for E.T. Return to the green planet for Playstation 2!!! Again no screenshots or even discriptions of gameplay. Hope fully they'll be as fun as the Atari 2600 version!! Maybe the Escape from Planet Earth one is a remake!!??

Wow I thought after what happened to the 2600 version, what with all those carts getting buried cuz they couldnt sell them that no one would touch ET with a 10 foot pole. Guess I was wrong.

Time heals all wounds.

Yes, E.T. is being re-released to theaters. (This Christmas, I think.) I saw a very neat preview in front of Monsters, Inc. yesterday. My four year old nephew was really into it. When Eliot threw the ball into the shed and it came back, he turned to me and said "What was that?"

And those of you who hate the Star Wars "Special Editions" be aware that Spielberg has fiddled with E.T. in some similar ways: i.e. new scenes, updated effects, etc.

Yeah that would make sense. Or!... Maybe it a re-make!!???? All the original cast, E.T. comes back to earth and Gertie falls in love with him. They try to settle down down in the sub-burbs..have a few kids. The whole time tho they are being persued by scientist (again) who wanna cut him open. And the imigration police looking for illeagal aliens. Wow!! Im psyched!!!

Well, most of it is, anyway. They're censoring out a reference to "little terrorists", because, of course, McSpielburg just isn't happy until he can target every single member of the mainstream film watching community.

Not that it matters... I hate that film. Probably has something to do with being dragged out of a GREAT arcade to see it.

JR

I guess this makes sense. 2002 will be the 20th anniversary of the glow-in-the-dark booger alien.

i wouldn't mind them doing an update of the Atari game, the only (major!!) problem with it is that it was rushed. There were a lot of cool ideas in it that, given a bit of work, would make a pretty smart game.

If I recall correctly from my trip to see Monsters, Inc. this weekend, the E.T. poster and/or trailer gives the “special edition”'s theatrical release as being in February (in the US). I've heard from some reputable sources on the Web that the DVD release is slated for summer 2002, and that it will include both the original theatrical version and this new edition. 2002 is, of course, the 20th anniversary of the release of the original movie, as well as of the classic game.