IGNORED

for sale ATI TV Tuner Card VE Seris $18.00 i'll pay shipping

Stella+KDE

i will post some screen shots, later just as soon as i can get a camera.

ATI TV Tuner card

has cable coax in and Compsite video in

has software original and original box manuals ect.

used not new but tested and working.

i may have a buyer - icecold, might be interested i am waiting to see.

price: $18.00

Shipping: i will pay that :)

Nes looks good on a monitor, so i imagine atari would too or any atari home computer that use's a tv for it's monitor.

Cheers

It is a nice piece of hardware and I have one for 4 or 5 years with only a minor trouble involving software driver. Win XP had just come out then and ATi were slow to provide XP drivers.

They still sell new for $40-$50 at various places and they seems to be getting harder to find as the pro version is replacing the VE version (pro has stereo support and remote controller, VE doesn't)

$18 is a good price.

It is a nice piece of hardware and I have one for 4 or 5 years with only a minor trouble involving software driver.  Win XP had just come out then and ATi were slow to provide XP drivers.

They still sell new for $40-$50 at various places and they seems to be getting harder to find as the pro version is replacing the VE version (pro has stereo support and remote controller, VE doesn't)

$18 is a good price.

There's XP drivers now I assume, right?

Yeah, $18 seems like a pretty good price! I've been wanting a good tv tuner card for awhile, was just waiting for a good price. My video card has a composite in, but it doesn't work too well. I'm probably going to try using this card to convert our old home movies from VHS tapes.

After 3 years, you'd think there is one. But I don't know for sure as I gave up waiting long ago and went with an universal BT driver and used uVCR for capture. You can find out more about this (or find out if ATi has decent XP software) from www.videohelp.com

After 3 years, you'd think there is one. But I don't know for sure as I gave up waiting long ago and went with an universal BT driver and used uVCR for capture. You can find out more about this (or find out if ATi has decent XP software) from www.videohelp.com

Do you have any trouble with capture? And what speed computer are you using it with?

I had trouble getting the capture to work correctly(audio sync correctly, video look okay, video not be choppy, etc.) when trying to capture with my geforce 4. I'm hoping I shouldn't have any troubles(right?) I have a 1.1ghz with 512 mb of ram, I would think that would be enough.

I hope it is enough(even if not, I can still use it to watch tv on my computer at least)

Do you have any trouble with capture? And what speed computer are you using it with?

I had trouble getting the capture to work correctly(audio sync correctly, video look okay, video not be choppy, etc.) when trying to capture with my geforce 4. I'm hoping since this has a hardware mpeg encoder(at least I think it does), I shouldn't have any troubles(right?) I have a 1.1ghz with 512 mb of ram, I would think that would be enough.

I hope it is enough(even if not, I can still use it to watch tv on my computer at least)

I have the VE version videocard/TV Tuner all in one! you should be fine with what you have but you might want to get another 512MB of Ram and get a bigger Hard drive it don't take long to full up your drive with movies! :P

Big hard drive, fast ATA cable helps. I also use this try minimize the CPU power: huffyuv. It's a lossless compression that works well but it's like 100MB per minute.

Do a capture to Huffyuv first, and then re-encode into something else like DivX or XVid. Those codec has high compression rate but also eats CPU like crazy. Also if you're using onboard sound system, they tended to have some problem with captured audio as it uses CPU to process, I'd get a decent sound card (which can do its own processing) and disable onboard sound.

Using Huffyuv, I was able to do a 30 min capture at 720x480@30 fps with no dropped frame. I use 2.4GHz P4, 1.5GB RAM, 200GB ATA133 hard drives mainly for capturing. If you're going to use hard drive with other files already on it, use a decent defrag program to get as much free contagonious space as possible.

Big hard drive, fast ATA cable helps.  I also use this try minimize the CPU power: huffyuv.  It's a lossless compression that works well but it's like 100MB per minute.

Do a capture to Huffyuv first, and then re-encode into something else like DivX or XVid.  Those codec has high compression rate but also eats CPU like crazy.  Also if you're using onboard sound system, they tended to have some problem with captured audio as it uses CPU to process, I'd get a decent sound card (which can do its own processing) and disable onboard sound.

Using Huffyuv, I was able to do a 30 min capture at 720x480@30 fps with no dropped frame.  I use 2.4GHz P4, 1.5GB RAM, 200GB ATA133 hard drives mainly for capturing.  If you're going to use hard drive with other files already on it, use a decent defrag program to get as much free contagonious space as possible.

I have an old "Asound Express PCI sound card" lying around, would that be good enough? Or should I just put down some money and get a soundblaster?

How large was the 30 min capture you made? Around 3 gb? If so, I can definitely manage(3 gb for 30 minutes) that much disk space(at least during capture)

I think this is going to be pretty sweet having this card.

Do you know of a decent defrag program?

Back when CD burners were still slower than a 486 running Mame, I just used to use a seperate drive partition to hold the data I was burning. Kept it all nice and unfragmented when being burned, and when finished I'd just reformat the partition (eliminating the need for defrag). Dunno how XP manages it's drives tho.

Back when CD burners were still slower than a 486 running Mame, I just used to use a seperate drive partition to hold the data I was burning.  Kept it all nice and unfragmented when being burned, and when finished I'd just reformat the partition (eliminating the need for defrag).  Dunno how XP manages it's drives tho.

That doesn't sound like a bad idea. I'm also thinking about buying another hard drive. I've been wanting to for a little while now. Maybe I'll buy a 180gb to use for most of my files, then I can use my 40 gb and part of my 20gb for capturing stuff

For capturing stuff this is what I use. I use the capture card (when I had my Radeon 9600XT), run it through the computer, then when its still the small box, I run Easy Video Capture. Select your encoding, then when you hit record, it gives you a curser, just click and drag to make a box around your capture window, and let it go. Runs really well, also if I want to capture full screen, I use a really useful program called FRAPS... its also used to capture video game gameplay but it can be used anything with streaming video. Hope this helps!