IGNORED

Thoughts on GTA:SA

kisrael

I think it's kinda boring at the beginning of the game. I think before my 5 day rental is up, I'm going to try and get at least 5% of the missions done or maybe 10%. I want to unlock a few other areas.

I might also swap my memory card save file with my brother, since he always hits me up for save games whenever I get ahead in GTA games.

I wouldnt hold my breath, it may not come to Xbox. Its coming to PC if yours is good enough.

I heard that they were making a PC and a PS2 version, thats it. No late releases like the other GTA games, nothing.

Now, How much have you speant on a low rider? The damn game deleted one of mine, but I made a better one for....$8500!

Last night I wandered across the entry gate to the airport. The security guard say something to the effect that you can't enter without a pilots liscence. There is then a screen tip that tells you you can go to pilot school. Does anyone know where this pilot school is located? I couldn't find it on the onscreen map or the paper map.

Of course in the grand GTA tradition, I didn't let the security guard stop me. I just parked a car next to the guard station, climbed up on the car and then onto the roof of the building, then hopped the fence. I found two planes inside one was a Dodo, the other looked like a Lear jet, don't remember what it was called. I couldn't get the jet off the ground, kept crashing into stuff on take off. The Dodo was no problem getting airborne. I managed to fly pretty deep into the locked area to the west before being shot down by some kind of military aircraft. I did manage to ditch the Dodo into a pond. I got out of the water and tried to make a break for it, but was immediatly killed by a swat team.

Fairly obvious why I'm not progressing terribly fast in the missions. 8)

-S

Last night I wandered across the entry gate to the airport. The security guard say something to the effect that you can't enter without a pilots liscence. There is then a screen tip that tells you you can go to pilot school. Does anyone know where this pilot school is located? I couldn't find it on the onscreen map or the paper map.

Of course in the grand GTA tradition, I didn't let the security guard stop me. I just parked a car next to the guard station, climbed up on the car and then onto the  roof of the building, then hopped the fence. I found two planes inside one was a Dodo, the other looked like a Lear jet, don't remember what it was called. I couldn't get the jet off the ground, kept crashing into stuff on take off. The Dodo was no problem getting airborne. I managed to fly pretty deep into the locked area to the west before being shot down by some kind of military aircraft. I did manage to ditch the Dodo into a pond. I got out of the water and tried to make a break for it, but was immediatly killed by a swat team.

Fairly obvious why I'm not progressing terribly fast in the missions.  8)  

-S

As I said before, that game sounds so freakin' cool. I can't wait to play it! I love hearing about this stuff from people who are really playing the game.

You have to get a liscence so you can get the plane off the ground. I havent spent money on anything but clothes and tattoos.

Like I said, I could get the plane off the ground with no problem, you just have to back it up all the way to the fence before you try to take off to get enough room for take off. I'll try again with the jet tonight.

So does anyone know where this pilot school is? I don't have the guide.

-S

I've just been running around and taking over territory, just the "Ballas" for now though. Got all the Grafitti tags on sunday, be carefull to completely spray them, an image will appear before the tag is complete. I missed one and had to go back through them till I found the partial tag.

I'm thinking about aquiring an eating disorder (eating till I puke), and becoming a gambling addict. :D

You have to get a liscence so you can get the plane off the ground. I havent spent money on anything but clothes and tattoos.

Like I said, I could get the plane off the ground with no problem, you just have to back it up all the way to the fence before you try to take off to get enough room for take off. I'll try again with the jet tonight.

So does anyone know where this pilot school is? I don't have the guide.

-S

I don't know where the pilot school is, but do you not know how to turn the plane on the ground?

I flew a couple times and I drove the plane out on the runway.

It's either L-1/2 and R-1/2 turns the plane on the ground and also in the sky somewhat.

We also might be talking about different planes or airports.

Also just flying will improve your skill level.

I had the grey bar appear in the corner with a very little amont of white on it showing my flying skill.

Has anyone else bought an air-line ticket for $500 to fly to the other airport. It's boring watching the plane fly(you can skip it though), but it's a quick way to get to the other city.

Well, you can fall off the world. But they were smart, so after a few seconds of falling, you are regenerated by where you fell off. Don't fix the bug where you go thru a wall or anything, just make the player regenerate when it happens :roll:

Hahaha, LOL, I've seen lots of programmers fix bugs this way. :lolblue:

I don't know if I'm the only one to find this out, but you can get a plane in the first city, before you have to leave it. You just get an ambulance, drive to the airport, and park it by a fence. Jump on the ambulance, and then over the fence. From here, there's a Shamal on one end of the airstrip. Grab it, and you can fly off the island. Although, I wouldn't suggest you do that. They send jets with missles after you if you fly off the island early. No lie.

I did the same fence jumping thing, but all the planes were locked...

That's weird. I've done it several times and both planes are always unlocked.

I flew over to the "Easter Bay Airport" and although my wanted level was four stars, the cops were not able to get to me for a along time for whatever reason. I guess the airport fence was keeping them out. I was able to explore that airport on foot. There are a bunch of really cool looking planes & helicopters there, sadly, they are all locked. Eventually the cops managed to get insidt the airport & I got shredded.

I also managed to fly the Lear Jet type plane at the first airport. I flew it around for a while, never entering the locked area to avoid being shot down. I even managed to land it in a big open area outside of town. I took off again, narrowly avoiding a couple of big trees by leaninng the jet over on it's side right after takeoff. Fun stuff.

Mission wise, I'm stuck. I'm to the mission where you're supposed to get a lowrider and follow the guy who's dating CJ's sister to a race. I get my ass handed to me even when I use a car with nitro. Those lowriders handle for crap. I can't keep it between the light poles. Do you guys who have the guide have any tips for this mission?

-S

Mission wise, I'm stuck. I'm to the mission where you're supposed to get a lowrider and follow the guy who's dating CJ's sister to a race. I get my ass handed to me even when I use a car with nitro. Those lowriders handle for crap. I can't keep it between the light poles. Do you guys who have the guide have any tips for this mission?

The Brady Guide didn't really have much in terms of advice except for mentioning the Nitro (incidentally, I can't quite figure out the Nitro, do you turn it off and on, is it only activated when the gas is down? It's a little strange, at least for someone not really familiar with that kind of racing)

Anyway, I don't think there's a big secret to it...I got it on maybe my fifth try, and I forgot if I used Nitros or not. (If I did, it was on that big straight away in the middle)

The best strategy, really, is to value caution and control over flooring it and hoping for the best. The streets are rather crowded, most of the other drivers almost always get stuck and trapped by other non-racer cars, leaving you against just one or two other guys. So just learn the course, with its straight aways early and frequent turns later (and of course paying attention to the arrow pointers on the red columns), slow down to make sure you make the turns, floor it on the straightaways when its clear ahead of you, and you should make it easily after a few tries.

I guess I'm just waiting for the game to show me airplanes, rather than searching 'em out myself right now.

I wonder if this game has many optional tasks that you simply can't come back to...for instance in GTA3 I missed some El Burro missions or something, and they were impossible by the time the Mafia hated me and would blow up my car with 2 shotgun blasts.

I love this game... but haven't had a chance to play it too much. I can't play it around my son... he keeps trying to copy CJ when he is shooting people or beating someone up. Yesterday he was a little rascal in day care... so I want to make sure he doesn't keep trying to act like CJ. lol

But the game is awesome! Now I can't wait to get the new Metal Gear! Well... to hold me over, I may get the Gran Turismo game as well. It looks pretty solid.

Anyone else take up Best Buy when buying the game? I got a Players Choice game for only $5 after buying GTA SA. They were picked over when I got there so I got Hot Shots Golf or something like that. (Heck I needed a gof game... hopefully it is a good one).