IGNORED

Least Favorite Activision ?

liquid_sky

Skyjinks. Hardly anyone if anyone mentioned this game. Activision mostly made winners like I don't have to tell you guys, however I don't get an ounce of fun by playing skyjinks, I don't even know what the point of it is. I'd also like to mention that Spaceshuttle is one of the most unique and best programmed atari games from any company ...... I bought it when it was first released, I still have box for the love of god......

quote:

Originally posted by Jess Ragan:

When Bomberman blasts a charging chicken with a bomb, it pops straight into the air and comes down freshly roasted. You can even pick up the extra crispy carcass for points!

I remember something similar to this in another game, but I can't remember the name. I'm pretty sure it was a side scrolling shooter, and when you shot the chicken powerup, it got bigger and was worth more life when you picked it up.

I think it was Duke Nukem 2 (The one that came before Duke Nukem 3D), but I can't think very well... I've been programming for about 4 hours

--Zero

• 1 year later...

I don't understand how any of you could possibly dislike Starmaster. I remember being more disappointed by 2600 Star Raiders than I was for ET or Defender.

Starmaster, on the other hand, was 2600 Star Raiders the way it should/could have been! It was as true and ideal a representation of Star Raiders as could have been done on the 2600. I loved it!

As for my least favorite Activision title, that would have to be Boxing, although I must admit I haven't played any of their later titles yet.

I'm suprised so many people hate Dragster! That's always been one of my favorites. Here are my votes for the biggest Activision Clunkers:

1. Bridge

2. Plaque Attack

3. Stampede

4. Double Dragon

5. Crackpots

I agree that Laser Blast is very repetetive, but I liked it when I was a kid. I remember being able to blast through screens with my eyes closed!

AM

I find it hard to seperate "I don't understand how to play it" with "This game sucks". For instance I don't understand Space Shuttle so I'm tempted to put it on my list, but I've been told it's a good game. So I'll just stick with the ones I know.

5. Dragster - too feakin' short!

4. River Raid II - Hard AND boring. Not a good combo...

3. Laser Blast - I could never get into this one. Zap Zap Zap -> onto the next screen -> Zap Zap Zap...

2. Kung Fu Master - The controls ruin this one

1. Double Dragon - Impossibly hard!

Tempest

I like all the games I have for the 2600, but the only one I don't like right now is Starmaster from activision. All my copy does is fly through space.:( I like things I can destroy. :twisted:  

Can anyone tell how you play this game?

Thanks,

David

I'm assuming you don't have the instructions...

You have to open the Starmap, which you do by either the difficulty or Color/BW switch. Then move your cursor to a sectro, and hit the button to warp there. If the screen at the bottom is green, there's nothing in the sector. Blue, one of your starbases, and red, enemies.

Starmaster is about the second best activision title, behind Robot tank.

And I enjoy Ghostbusters!

@videogamefreak: Flip the left difficulty switch on Starmaster. This will bring up the star map, then warp to a sector that contains aliens. The action will then commence!!! :D

@ all who think Laser Blast is boring: Try playing game 4. It is still repetitive, but the action is fast. Don't blink! If you read the original manual, you had to play game 4 to earn a patch!(not game one--the baby level)

Freeway was a giant step forward is 2600 programming. (flicker free graphics and great sound) Try game 3 to earn a patch. The world record is 34. How high is your score?

Everyone should play a game long enough to get good at it before declaring it a dud! I've hated many games before mastering them. I used to be this way with River Raid II, but now I'm hooked. Don't try this one on an emulator though. I still hate several games on an emulator, it's torture for sure! Keep on Gaming!

I enjoy all Activion titles and play them all somewhat regularly...except one.

Bridge.

I don't know HOW to play, I don't want to LEARN how to play, I can't imagine there was ANY demand for this.

Seriously, has ANY one ever played a game of Bridge with this cart?

I have to agree with hating Bridge. I don't understand anything about it.  

As for my least favorite, I'm not a big fan of Starmaster, Space Shuttle, or Checkers.

I've very rarely played any card games at all, let alone Bridge but I really enjoyed Acti's version of this. It does take some getting used to but it really is a worthwhile game & pretty hard to beat.

Anyone who doesn't like this game, give it another try! :)

Same goes for Checkers too - this is an excellent game, really tough & challenging to win even on the easy level.

Space Shuttle is very involved but another excellent game. 8)

My vote for worst Activision title - Boxing :sleep: It's not that its a really bad game, just relatively less interesting than the others. Rampage is a bit dull too.

Unsung hero from Activision - Oink! :cool: Excellent in 2-player mode of pig vs. wolf

Chopper Command isn´t a Defender ripp-off in my mind.

The game-element of saving the trucks isn´t as strong as saving "humanoids" in Defender. They couldn´t get "kidnapped", and the

chance of running out of trucks is minimal. Saving is a much stronger

part in Defender as in Chopper Command.

Both games are shooters, but not more relatonship.

Mister VCS

1. Freeway---BOOOOOOOORRRRRINNNNGGGGG!!!!!

2. Laser Blast--Way to easy

3. Megamania--Space Invaders rip off that gets impossibly hard

If we include Imagic titles, I'd have to go with Fire Fighter as well. The game is too simple and too short.

I don't have bridge and never plan on getting it. Otherwise it would probably be listed here as well.