IGNORED

Least Favorite Activision ?

liquid_sky

I can't pick an Activision game that truly sucks.

Laser Blast is pretty mind numbing on any level and the least colorful of the Activision games. I mean, I'm sure is uses more color than Checkers but looking at a mainly black screen is boring. At least your ship could have made a sound when it was flying instead of only when you were crashing to your death!

I think the "!!!!!!" when you max the score is David Cranes way of saying:

"What the hell were you thinking?!?"

Doug

You reall can't say Bridge is the worst game. Just because you are not into bridge, does not make the game itself the worst. It is like saying Chessmaster is the worst game beacasue you don't like chess. It really is a good simulation of Bridge and can be used to learn the game and help on bidding. Larry Kaplan designed this game because he was a Bridge maniac who wanted to have a partner to play. Again, Freeway and Laser Blast are absolute bores. At least boxing ends in 2 minutes.

I like all the games I have for the 2600, but the only one I don't like right now is Starmaster from activision. All my copy does is fly through space.:( I like things I can destroy. :twisted:  

Can anyone tell how you play this game?

Thanks,

David

I'm assuming you don't have the instructions...

You have to open the Starmap, which you do by either the difficulty or Color/BW switch. Then move your cursor to a sectro, and hit the button to warp there. If the screen at the bottom is green, there's nothing in the sector. Blue, one of your starbases, and red, enemies.

Starmaster is about the second best activision title, behind Robot tank.

YES! Inky You are the MAN! I've been reading through this thread thinking, "I've gonna have to post regarding Star Master and Robot Tank". Thankyou for doing it for me. These two games are so far ahead of thier time its ridiculous!

Try playing either of these games with a "pad" and you'll see what Inky & I mean, it isn't possible, these two games are all about fun & reflex. I think these are two of the best titles on the 2600 for gameplay, replay and nostalgia or just about any other category you can think of.

Bottom line, if you have these games, play and love them. If you don't currently own them, get them! Now!

Markimus of Mastering the Stars...

And I enjoy Ghostbusters!

I won't say games like bridge and checkers suck because I don't play them for a different reason than "This programmer didn't realize what the hell he/she was doing." I don't play them b/c they have no play value to me. That doesn't mean they suck. So, my least favorite Activision game that I've actually desired to play is [drum roll]...

Enduro... Can't really stand this piece of crap turbo rip off. Or any other game that rips off turbo. This game sucks!

MattG.

• 1 year later...

Actually, Bridge is the cartridge that has seen the most use that I own.

It's also the only one that's not at my apartment... my Mom has it. She's been playing it on at least a weekly basis

and usually more often since it was released. It's a very good implementation of Bridge for one person.

My least favorite Activision game is probably Boxing.

I really like Starmaster, Freeway, and Stampede, of things other people mentioned a lot.

I enjoy all Activion titles and play them all somewhat regularly...except one.

Bridge.

I don't know HOW to play' date=' I don't want to LEARN how to play, I can't imagine there was ANY demand for this.

Seriously, has ANY one ever played a game of Bridge with this cart?[/quote']

Funny thing is that I bought Bridge from Snider-man at the 2002 Cinciclassic. I haven't learned to play it and don't really know why I did buy it. Well my parents used to play in Bridge clubs and I would like to learn sometime.

The worst Activision games that I own are a tie between Plaque Attack and Oink. There are worse ones, Checkers and Cosmic Commuter for example, but I'm never going to buy these.

I have to defend boxing, my 5 year old brother loves it! As for my least faves, the two games that would have been better if the 2600 had more buttons: Kung fu master, and double dragon.

First time I played Boxing was on one of the Activision Classics discs for the Playstation. I thinK I beat my brother at Boxing and Fishing Derby. This is something that helped me get back into collecting because I hunted down copies of both games afterwards.

Commando.

I mean' date=' why? Why even attempt it?[/quote']

Commando was a bloody good attempt, a good game that is marred by being too easy. But it's still good. If you're talking about bad conversions, then go with Rampage, but not Commando.

Hi there!

Commando.

I mean' date=' why? Why even attempt it?[/quote']

Actually this title is totally outstanding on the 2600. Brilliant grafix & music/sfx and it plays like a dream. IMHO this is easily one of the top 5 Activision titles, to be named in one breath with Beamrider and H.E.R.O.

Greetings,

Manuel