IGNORED

Home Vision (updated list on first post!)

Rom Hunter

Bah, H.E.S. shite! ;)

I've always wondered why so few Homevision boxes survived. I mean, throwing out a cardboard box that got ripped when you first opened it, makes sense. But these lovely plastic boxes should have survived in larger quantities. People didn't throw out VHS boxes either...

Cheers,

Marco

I agree with you Marco. What i find interesting is that Sky Alien DOES have a box, so why was it sold in a blister pack? My take on this is that Homevision started off with those nice VHS boxes and towards the end cut costs and started selling the games in blister packs.

Stick to the topic, please.

What i find interesting is that Sky Alien DOES have a box, so why was it sold in a blister pack? My take on this is that Homevision started off with those nice VHS boxes and towards the end cut costs and started selling the games in blister packs.
Then why is there no Home Vision brand on the blisterpacks?

Why does it carry the name Connection?

Why is there no game title or game model number on the blisterpacks?

Why does the plastic leave too much room for the cart?

(was that only for the manual? - doesn't make sense to me)

There's no Connection to Home Vision.

8)

Stick to the topic, please.

What i find interesting is that Sky Alien DOES have a box, so why was it sold in a blister pack? My take on this is that Homevision started off with those nice VHS boxes and towards the end cut costs and started selling the games in blister packs.
Then why is there no Home Vision brand on the blisterpacks?

Why does it carry the name Connection?

Why is there no game title or game model number on the blisterpacks?

Why does the plastic leave too much room for the cart?

(was that only for the manual? - doesn't make sense to me)

There's no Connection to Home Vision.

8)

I would guess that it was towards the end of the line for homevision, they were cutting costs and may have used a generic blister pack for their games as they were cheap. Rom, i'm only putting this forward for the same reason marco mentioned - too few of the VHS style homevision cases exist and i dont think many of them would have been thrown away

Rom, i'm only putting this forward for the same reason marco mentioned - too few of the VHS style homevision cases exist and i dont think many of them would have been thrown away

Well, these blisterpacks could certainly explain the many loose Home Vision carts nowadays.

They don't look like something you like to keep.

8)

• 3 weeks later...

Rom, here's an auction for a black case Homevision cart with an actual Homevision box.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...bayphotohosting

I've included a picture for later reference. i think this adds to the case that the black case homevision carts are actual homevision carts. Homevision must've moved from the white moulded cases to the standard black cases to cut costs. thay may explain the blister packs too..... pictures Marco???

post-7232-1235168475_thumb.jpg

My scanner is down, Vista will have nothing to do with my HP Scanjet drivers (and HP doesn't bother releasing new drivers, they just want me to buy a new scanner) :(

The blister packs have absolutely nothing on them that could connect them to Homevision. They're really generic, the cart and manual are regular Homevision copies.

Cheers,

Marco

Did Home Vision (or Gem International Corp) ever go bankrupt? It would explain the blister packs if a lot of their stock was picked up by a wholesaler who cheaply repackaged them. I guess there are a lot of possibilities depending if the carts were actually produced by Home Vision or the production was in fact outsourced.

• 4 months later...
Unknown Home Vision game - A screenshot of this game is shown on Home Vision's Repro Cart box:[/b]

Sorry to reply to an older post, but isn't that screen shot from parachute? That is probably what the game looks like in color (since there is an odd number of scan lines, and it is PAL, the colors turn to black and white).

Edit: here is a comparison.

Original screen shot:

post-12776-1246469051_thumb.jpg

B/W screen shot (tv type auto detected with stella)

post-12776-1246467470_thumb.png

PAL 60 platelet pushed with stella:

post-12776-1246469111_thumb.png

NTSC platelet pushed with stella:

post-12776-1246469143_thumb.png

Edited by Wickeycolumbus

Unknown Home Vision game - A screenshot of this game is shown on Home Vision's Repro Cart box:[/b]

Sorry to reply to an older post, but isn't that screen shot from parachute? That is probably what the game looks like in color (since there is an odd number of scan lines, and it is PAL, the colors turn to black and white).

Original screen shot:

Bloody Hell thats it. Well done and thanks for posting ;)

Original screen shot:

Any chance you could clean up the other two as well? ;)

Wicky, you're the man.

Another Home Vision riddle solved.

Many thanks!

8)

No problem guys, glad to help :)

Any chance you could clean up the other two as well? ;)

Do you have a link?

The pics are in this thread ;)

These ones? None of them look familiar to me, but I will try to figure them out.

Yes they are the ones. Perhaps if cleaned up they could offer fresh insight ;)