IGNORED

Home Vision (updated list on first post!)

Rom Hunter

for me personally, i think homevision is my favorite to collect, i remember starting to look for these back in 1982, not ever seeing one till the mid-late 90's

i think my favorite label would be war 2000.

rick

It would've been tough going trying to find these in the States!!

for me personally, i think homevision is my favorite to collect, i remember starting to look for these back in 1982, not ever seeing one till the mid-late 90's

rick

all depends on how good your sources are for PAL stuff, guess mine was not THAT good, but good enough to get many boxed rainbowvision from them. :cool:

Rick

rick

all depends on how good your sources are for PAL stuff, guess mine was not THAT good, but good enough to get many boxed rainbowvision from them. :cool:

Rick

The advent of the internet and ebay must've been a godsend for you. It must've been like coming across Aladdin's cave!

rick

Rick

AAAHHH the Aussie connection :cool:

The advent of the internet and ebay must've been a godsend for you. It must've been like coming across Aladdin's cave!

:lolblue: i still remember the phone call i got from my friend (Marvin) he told me about all these great PAL gems for sale at LOW prices! he starts naming off many items that i had on my looong wanted list, with each game my eyes grew larger and larger, i asked him, how do i get these! he told me they are on ebay on the internet. well, i never have plans on EVER getting on the internet, but that sure changed my mind fast! :cool: that was back in 1998! ebay has helped a lot, but no where near as much as all the friends i have made over the years from the internet. untill world of atari, i had no idea that there was this huge of an atari 2600 community out there..

Rick

• 2 weeks later...

Some news:

Rick confirmed that X'Mission from Home Vision has a Home Vision 84 copyright on screen, which is quite interesting.

It seems that Home Vision was releasing games in the first month(s) of 1984 after all.

Makes me wonder if the games that carry a serial number higher than VCS 83118 were released in 1984 too.

Topy for example.

All Home Vision ads from 1983 do not present Home Vision games with serial number VCS 83117 or higher.

BTW: I noticed that X'Mission has a small label variation:

http://www.atarimania.com/detail_soft.php?...ERSION_ID=11794

And that unfortunately the logo-less ROM in our database is not the original Home Vision ROM.

I truly hope it will be dumped soon.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

And that unfortunately the logo-less ROM in our database is not the original Home Vision ROM.

I truly hope it will be dumped soon.

8)

X'Mission is one of my favorite games. I have been looking deep into this rom, but that's all I will say at this point. ;) I often wondered how many of the Home Vision games are confirmed dumps? Dancing Plates has also been unconfirmed as the correct rom by Rick. Do all or most Home Vision games have the Home Vision logo? Who owns X'Mission anyhow?

This news of X'Mission also shocks me. I always knew it had an erased logo, and Home Vision would be the first rom to surface that actually has a logo there. I don't know if it is a Home Vision original though. After looking at Tanks War it became apparent Home Vision stole off other companies.

Edited by Omegamatrix

I often wondered how many of the Home Vision games are confirmed dumps? Dancing Plates has also been unconfirmed as the correct rom by Rick. Do all or most Home Vision games have the Home Vision logo? Who owns X'Mission anyhow?
Rick owns X'Mission.

The other scan comes from Jens.

Most of the Home Vision ROMS are confirmed Home Vision dumps.

Right now Plate Mania, X'Mission and Zoo Fun are not.

This news of X'Mission also shocks me. I always knew it had an erased logo, and Home Vision would be the first rom to surface that actually has a logo there. I don't know if it is a Home Vision original though. After looking at Tanks War it became apparent Home Vision stole off other companies.
Some of the Home Vision titles are originally Bit Corp. games.

And there's Activision's Tennis of course.

True Home Vision titles that don't carry the Home Vision or R.J.P.G. logo are:

Asteroid Fire (also a Bomb game)

Base Attack (also a Bomb game)

Panda Chase

Parachute

Robot Fight

Sky Alien (also a Bomb game)

Topy

Wall Break (also a Bomb game)

The last four Home Vision titles (originally Bit Corp games) all have the Home Vision logo on screen, but the review version of Jacky Jump (Bobby Is Going Home) still carries the Bit Corp logo.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

True Home Vision titles that don't carry the Home Vision or R.J.P.G. logo are:

Asteroid Fire (also a Bomb game)

Base Attack (also a Bomb game)

Panda Chase

Parachute

Robot Fight

Sky Alien (also a Bomb game)

Topy

Wall Break (also a Bomb game)

i just double checked mine, Panda Chase and Parachute do have homevision on screen.

always happy to help out Rom! :cool:

Rick

• 1 month later...

Great news on the Home Vision front!

World End (rarity 10) has finally been found:

post-6203-1219859345_thumb.jpg

By: Staberinde! (you lucky man)

Until now this Home Vision original was only shown in ads, just like Go Go Home Monster:

http://www.atarimania.com/zoom_frame.php?T...=PUB&ID=584

Also, the black cartridge version of War 2000 (rarity 10) has been found!

As I predicted,

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...st&p=942243

this second edition has the Home Vision logo on screen, instead of the Dimax logo that was shown on screen in the white cartridge version.

This finally solves the mystery of the Home Vision logo shown on screen in the ITT Family Games version Meteor Defense:

http://www.atarimania.com/detail_soft.php?...7109&MENU=2

Congratulations, Stab!

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Perfect.

Thanks for sharing, Stab!

Seems they were in quite a rush when releasing the white cart version of War 2000, leaving the Dimax logo of Astrowar still in.

The black cart version fixed this.

I bet that War 2000 ROM is 100% identical to the Meteor Defense ROM.

Just like I think the World End ROM is 100% identical to the Laser Base Rom.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Some news:

8)

Ahhhh, R10 label variations, great!

I'll tell you what:

It's exactly the same cartridge.

Someone has been photoshopping around.

Makes Rick's X'Mission cart even rarer.

Second scan removed now.