IGNORED

Home Vision (updated list on first post!)

Rom Hunter

Perhaps someone wrote already before, but nevertheless I would like to mention that the game Parachute was part of each Repro Cart sold for the Homevision Repro Station.

Do you know which other games were part of it? It may help figuring out the other screen shots :)

I don't have the Station anymore so I cannot help any further. All I remember is that the Homevision Repro Station contained a Homevision Game #1 cartridge (white case). Sorry!

Perhaps someone wrote already before, but nevertheless I would like to mention that the game Parachute was part of each Repro Cart sold for the Homevision Repro Station.

it was only stored on the repro cart though .... as soon as you would use the repro cart, you'd have delete the game ....

Edited by jahfish

That's the wonderful irony here... the screenshot which we couldn't work out to be Parachute is on the back of the Repro Cart box - which of course has Parachute on it!

Rom,

I found a supervision cart at my parent's house on the weekend. It was amongst some stuff my dad wanted to throw out and i thought I'd go through it before he did :skull:

It has the typical supervision logo (like the one attached) and is called Space War. The ROM is World End and has the Homevision logo.

post-7232-1247096370_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Just wondering why the 3 following Home Vision games are not in the Atarimania database and also not mentioned in this post:

1.Space Castle (game # 60)

2.Break six ? (game #56)

3. Jage Man ?

They can be seen in this ad.

and does anyone own one of those white cases ?

and in this ad it shows a cart in the console which may read "cat & hat".

Also what game is the one with # 51 in the same ad ?

EDIT:ok,i have just noticed they may not be 2600 carts,it looks like they could be for a Home Vision console,but they do look like 2600 carts,has anyone ever seen or own these type of carts ?

Edited by pangasinan

• 5 months later...

Finally then!!

This morning I received a scan of what's IMO the Holy Grail amongst PAL carts and I can tell you: I'm a VERY happy person right now!

Not only does this proof my theory that the game was actually released, but my personal quest for looking for Home Vision cart scans has finally come to an end.

The person who donated the scan told me he used to have the box and manual too, but unfortunately he does not own them anymore.

I mailed him back to ask him some more information and in short this is what he mailed me:

All his VCS stuff was still stacked away at his parents place in Saint-Denis (that's just above Paris).

He heard about the Atarimania ST database (he collects ST stuff himself) and when he browsed through our VCS database and discovered the Home Vision section, he recalled having similar looking carts.

He also owns a Panda Chase cart, but again not with box or manual anymore.

He remembered his parents gave him both carts CIB for his birthday back then, but he told me they were actually bought by his uncle, living in Paris at that time.

Well, here it is in all it's glory:

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-go-go-home-monster_15661.html

BTW: He still has to confirm this 100%, but according to him it is indeed the same game as Alien's Return, just as I predicted.

He remembered it as being a ‘boring Pac-Man game’.

I'm as good as certain it contains the same ROM as the ITT version:

http://www.atarimania.com/game-alien-s-return_s7106.html

As soon as he can provide me some screenshots, I will post them here.

One thing that still puzzles me though, is that the artwork does not look exactly the same as the artwork on the ad (as far as this is clearly visible).

Also, since it's close to April fools day, I asked him about that, but he assured me had no intention of making an April fools joke (or Poisson d'Avril as he called it).

I know the timing is weird, but I couldn't wait until after April 1st to add it.

I will ask him for better looking scans of the cart, but in the meantime: enjoy!

BTW: he let me know that he doesn't want to sell it right now, so please don't bother me with mails about that.

Also, although an Atarimania member, he's not an AtariAge member.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Finally then!!

This morning I received a scan of what's IMO the Holy Grail amongst PAL carts and I can tell you: I'm a VERY happy person right now!

Not only does this proof my theory that the game was actually released, but my personal quest for looking for Home Vision cart scans has finally come to an end.

The person who donated the scan told me he used to have the box and manual too, but unfortunately he does not own them anymore.

I mailed him back to ask him some more information and in short this is what he mailed me:

All his VCS stuff was still stacked away at his parents place in Saint-Denis (that's just above Paris).

He heard about the Atarimania ST database (he collects ST stuff himself) and when he browsed through our VCS database and discovered the Home Vision section, he recalled having similar looking carts.

He also owns a Panda Chase cart, but again not with box or manual anymore.

He remembered his parents gave him both carts CIB for his birthday back then, but he told me they were actually bought by his uncle, living in Paris at that time.

Well, here it is in all it's glory:

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-go-go-home-monster_15661.html

BTW: He still has to confirm this 100%, but according to him it is indeed the same game as Alien's Return, just as I predicted.

He remembered it as being a ‘boring Pac-Man game’.

I'm as good as certain it contains the same ROM as the ITT version:

http://www.atarimania.com/game-alien-s-return_s7106.html

As soon as he can provide me some screenshots, I will post them here.

One thing that still puzzles me though, is that the artwork does not look exactly the same as the artwork on the ad (as far as this is clearly visible).

Also, since it's close to April fools day, I asked him about that, but he assured me had no intention of making an April fools joke (or Poisson d'Avril as he called it).

I know the timing is weird, but I couldn't wait until after April 1st to add it.

I will ask him for better looking scans of the cart, but in the meantime: enjoy!

BTW: he let me know that he doesn't want to sell it right now, so please don't bother me with mails about that.

Also, although an Atarimania member, he's not an AtariAge member.

8)

HOLY CRAP ..thats amazing.. nice find Rom :lust: :lust: :lust:

Hot damn Rom, you beat me to the quest. My hat off to you, I am very impressed :) INteresting label though. I am wondering if the one in the ad was a prototype label that they abandoned for whatever reason. Incredible work old friend ;)

True.

And Zoo Fun and Mazy Match as well.

But this one forms IMO the crown.

Love the artwork.

8)

IMO this one is streets ahead of the others in terms of value. firstly because it is an "original", unlike the others and secondly because of the mystery surrounding its existence for so many years ;)

You can say that again.

AFAIK even Marco doesn't have this one yet.

It's the only undiscovered Home Vision game that IMO must have been released back then and not be vaporware.

I think only very few were actually sold back then.

Perhaps because of the non-attractive game concept?

Even now it's still one of the lesser played VCS games.

Although the artwork is IMO one of the coolest looking from Home Vision.

8)