IGNORED

Home Vision (updated list on first post!)

Rom Hunter

You can say that again.

AFAIK even Marco doesn't have this one yet.

It's the only undiscovered Home Vision game that IMO must have been released back then and not be vaporware.

I think only very few were actually sold back then.

Perhaps because of the non-attractive game concept?

Even now it's still one of the lesser played VCS games.

Although the artwork is IMO one of the coolest looking from Home Vision.

8)

Indeed!

But don't forget Number 9 (I love the graphics, but still need a nice, mint, white version :lust: ) and this beauty :love:

Yes, World End was an amazing find and the artwork is excellent indeed.

I wonder who made all the artwork?

Quite some effort was put in it and the picture on the label often has something to do with the contents of the game.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

It's hard to imagine that this one will most probably never reach the price of Air Raid, although it's ten times rarer and a true original on top of that.

8)

I would estimate it at a few hundred dollars loose. CIB, it may make E500. I agree that in terms of rarity it make air raid look common, but the demand for PAL raritys is so low taht it will never get to the same price as air raid, unless a case of air raids are found

I'm afraid you're right.

Well, I don't think we'll see a Go Go Home Monster any time soon.

Too bad he doesn't own the box or manual anymore.

Would have been nice to have read the original instructions.

8)

True but at least we have closure. Also never say never, stranger things have surfaced in the past ;)

Finally then!!

This morning I received a scan of what's IMO the Holy Grail amongst PAL carts and I can tell you: I'm a VERY happy person right now!

Not only does this proof my theory that the game was actually released, but my personal quest for looking for Home Vision cart scans has finally come to an end.

The person who donated the scan told me he used to have the box and manual too, but unfortunately he does not own them anymore.

I mailed him back to ask him some more information and in short this is what he mailed me:

All his VCS stuff was still stacked away at his parents place in Saint-Denis (that's just above Paris).

He heard about the Atarimania ST database (he collects ST stuff himself) and when he browsed through our VCS database and discovered the Home Vision section, he recalled having similar looking carts.

He also owns a Panda Chase cart, but again not with box or manual anymore.

He remembered his parents gave him both carts CIB for his birthday back then, but he told me they were actually bought by his uncle, living in Paris at that time.

Well, here it is in all it's glory:

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-go-go-home-monster_15661.html

BTW: He still has to confirm this 100%, but according to him it is indeed the same game as Alien's Return, just as I predicted.

He remembered it as being a ‘boring Pac-Man game’.

I'm as good as certain it contains the same ROM as the ITT version:

http://www.atarimania.com/game-alien-s-return_s7106.html

As soon as he can provide me some screenshots, I will post them here.

One thing that still puzzles me though, is that the artwork does not look exactly the same as the artwork on the ad (as far as this is clearly visible).

Also, since it's close to April fools day, I asked him about that, but he assured me had no intention of making an April fools joke (or Poisson d'Avril as he called it).

I know the timing is weird, but I couldn't wait until after April 1st to add it.

I will ask him for better looking scans of the cart, but in the meantime: enjoy!

BTW: he let me know that he doesn't want to sell it right now, so please don't bother me with mails about that.

Also, although an Atarimania member, he's not an AtariAge member.

8)

post-6203-127011052539_thumb.jpg

Sorry, guys.

I couldn't resist.

The GGHM Legend Continues...

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter