IGNORED

Home Vision (updated list on first post!)

Rom Hunter

Thanks for the scans!

Any info you can find on Home Vision is more than welcome, Luc.

BTW: Where is the ad?

8)

884394[/snapback]

I just finished browsing the mags, but couldn't find any more info.

What do you mean "where is the ad?" Doesn't the link work?

Anyway, here's the article:

http://users.tijd.com/~tdn18471/hv1.jpg

http://users.tijd.com/~tdn18471/hv2.jpg

And also an ad for everything that was (to be) released by Homevision:

I'll see if I can find more Home Vision references in the magazines.

884376[/snapback]

I mean where's the link to the ad?

I only see the two links to the article.

The link to the ad is broken.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

I believe its the same game as Laser base by ITT.

Laser Base?

That's interesting.

If War Stars really is the same game as Laser Base, it can never be an original Home Vision title, because World End (Home Vision - VCS83109) is the same game as Laser Base for sure.

I always hoped that (although only known in a pirated black casing) War Stars was originally a Home Vision title and maybe one day a real Home Vision War Stars (with a white Home Vision casing and a real VCS831XX Home Vision number on the label and box) would surface (just like Frisco, Ski Hunt, Sky Alien and Racing Car, although these black casing pirates look slightly different from War Stars).

If War Stars is indeed the same game as Laser Base, I guess this will never happen.

Thanks for the reply, Sandy.

If it's possible for you to verify your info and it turns out to be another game, please let me know.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

If anybody knows which game is War 2000 and which game is Go Go Home Monster, please let me know.

I was joking earlier, but i Go Go Home Monster could be E.T. (ofcourse i have no proof of this). Here's some food for thought: there are some pirates of ET that feature a label with ET in the foreground and a bunch of animals in the background that hold a banner that says "Go Home"...

If you have never seen that one, i could try and find the label for you. I think i have it somewhere...

If anybody knows which game is War 2000 and which game is Go Go Home Monster, please let me know.

I was joking earlier, but i Go Go Home Monster could be E.T. (ofcourse i have no proof of this). Here's some food for thought: there are some pirates of ET that feature a label with ET in the foreground and a bunch of animals in the background that hold a banner that says "Go Home"...

If you have never seen that one, i could try and find the label for you. I think i have it somewhere...

885366[/snapback]

Yes, and that's kind of why I mentioned "UFI und sein gefährlicher Einsatz" before - the label has an ET-esque figure, and a banner that I think says "E.T go come" - although there's a screw hole in my copy that partially obscures the text. But it does say "Homevision" on screen.

885366[/snapback]

Yes, and that's kind of why I mentioned "UFI und sein gefährlicher Einsatz" before - the label has an ET-esque figure, and a banner that I think says "E.T go come" - although there's a screw hole in my copy that partially obscures the text. But it does say "Homevision" on screen.

885375[/snapback]

UFI und sein gefährlicher Einsatz otherwise known as Et Go Home is actually a pirate of Col 'N'.

I know the label picture.

The text on the banner is famous for its dubiousity:

http://www.atariage.com/cart_page.html?SoftwareLabelID=1670

Ufi und sein Gefaehrlicher Einsatz is definately a pirate of Col 'N'.

One look at the back of the box can confirm this:

http://www.atariage.com/box_page.html?SoftwareLabelID=1670

But, as I said before (in post #70), it's not certain that Col 'N' is a Home Vision title.

The original name of this Home Vision game could just as well be Go Go Home Monster.

Another possibility is that Go Go Home Monster is the same game as Bobby is Going Home.

Whatever may be the case, I'm 99% certain that Go Go Home Monster has nothing to do with E.T. from Atari.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Home Vision list updated (post #1).

War 2000 (VCS83102) is the same game as Astrowar from Dimax/Sinmax.

Dead-Ray (also the same game as Astrowar) is most probably not a real Home Vision game, but a pirate.

Which makes sense.

Here's the cartridge discription from Rick Weis:

...the dead-ray cart I have is in a black case with no # on it no end label and don't say homevision on it but front label has the house shape picture...

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

There's one thing that bothers me.

Take a look at this screenshot from Meteor Defense (ITT Family Games):

post-6203-1128422570_thumb.jpg

You can clearly see the Home Vision logo on screen.

If War 2000 (Home Vision) is the same game, but with the Dimax logo on screen, then where does that Home Vision logo come from?

Who put it in?

Why doesn't War 2000 have the Home Vision logo on screen?

Is there perhaps another version of War 2000?

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

If Missile War isn't War 2000 then what possible Home Vision game could it be? Haven't we covered all of them between us? Could there really be another War 2000 floating around? Jeez, just when I thought we were making progress another mystery pops up to add to all the others. Never mind waiting to see what the river turns up, this is more like a sewer :D

If Missile War isn't War 2000 then what possible Home Vision game could it be?  Haven't we covered all of them between us?  Could there really be another War 2000 floating around?  Jeez, just when I thought we were making progress another mystery pops up to add to all the others.  Never mind waiting to see what the river turns up, this is more like a sewer :D

942256[/snapback]

Don't get me wrong, Fox.

Both Missile War (Goliath - Hot Shot) and War 2000 (Home Vision) are the same game as Astrowar (Dimax - Sinmax).

Both games (Missile War and War 2000) even have the Dimax logo on screen.

What I mean is that Meteor Defense (ITT Family Games) is also the same game as Astrowar (Dimax - Sinmax), except for one difference: Meteor Defense (ITT Family Games) has the Home Vision logo on screen, instead of the Dimax logo.

And this really surprises me, because War 2000 from Home Vision itself has the Dimax logo on screen.

So maybe there are War 2000 versions with the Home Vision logo on screen, instead of the Dimax logo.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

I see what you mean Rom. I thopught you meant that there was yet another undiscovered Home Vision game to find, what a relief that there isn't ;) You are right about the ITT game though. Why would they have the Home Vision name on a game they pirated and the same is true for Home Vision who possessed the Artic name on their game. Once again it just doesn't make any sense :?