IGNORED

Home Vision (updated list on first post!)

Rom Hunter

Let me tell you what I think:

I think that Magic Carpet from Home Vision (if it really does exist) is in fact Mr. Postman from Bit Corporation:

post-6203-1130850814_thumb.jpgpost-6203-1130850864_thumb.jpg

And it most probably has one of the following model numbers:

VCS83129

VCS83130

VCS83131

VCS83132

VCS83133

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Since my last post I contacted a few people and went on line and trawled through a million pages of useless information and have come to the following conclusions.

1 Magic Carpet could have been mispelt

2 It might not exist

3 It could be Dice Puzzle

4 It could certainly be Mr Postman.

Out of the 4 I am in favour of 1 and 4. I came to the same conclusion as yourself Rom for I cross referenced a load of games for anything that could be a magical carpet like thing. Thankfully there wasn't that many and Mr Postman was up there although he does ride on the back of a Phoenix Warbird rather than a carpet. Another possibility (yes I know a long shot) is Sorcerer by Mythicon for the wizard rides on a flating disc which could also be seen as a carpet. I know what you are going to say Rom but I am just covering all angles on this one. Does anyone else know of any other possible games that use a flying disc/carpet/bird to ride upon?

Rom Spirantho gave me his list of the 208 in 1 game console he possesses. Although he didn't have Spectracube Invasion on it, it did have a game called Spectra which was Planet Patrol according to his list. The majority of games on the system were released as single carts in their own right so Spectra could be the game we are looking for. What do you think?

Rom Spirantho gave me his list of the 208 in 1 game console he possesses.  Although he didn't have Spectracube Invasion on it, it did have a game called Spectra which was Planet Patrol according to his list.  The majority of games on the system were released as single carts in their own right so Spectra could be the game we are looking for.  What do you think?

957992[/snapback]

Interesting theory, Fox.

The (Rainbow Vision) - Suntek list has indeed some Spectravision AKA's:

SS-002 Galactic (AKA The Challenge of.... Nexar - Spectravision/Spectravideo)

SS-010 Mafia (AKA Gangster Alley - Spectravision/Spectravideo)

The picture on the Spectracube Invasion box shows us a Spaceship flying through some missiles, just like in Planet Patrol:

post-6203-1130875106_thumb.jpgpost-6203-1130875663_thumb.jpg

And the on-screen Spectravision logo in Planet Patrol could have been changed into 'Spectracube Invasion'.

But these are all speculations...

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

So who released Pinguin then? I too had that cartridge which had what looked to be a Home Vision label on it. The Spectra theory seems to be a good one Rom although you are correct that it is just suposition at this moment in time. The name could have been shortened to go on the list or to avoid copywrite reasons. I have a strong feeling thought that it could be the game in question.

So who released Pinguin then?  I too had that cartridge which had what looked to be a Home Vision label on it.  The Spectra theory seems to be a good one Rom although you are correct that it is just suposition at this moment in time.  The name could have been shortened to go on the list or to avoid copywrite reasons.  I have a strong feeling thought that it could be the game in question.

Copyright reasons? Trust me, the guys doing these compilations gave no thought to copyright!

No, it's much simpler than that - the game in question has "Spectra" written in big letters - hence the name is as good as any other. I think Rom is right, though.

I would really like to see what's inside this cartridge, because I don't think this is a Home Vision prototype at all.

Home Vision 'gave' their white cased Frisco to ITT Family Games and then ITT Family Games put a sticker on it with a new game title and model number.

IMO this is an 'in-between-two-companies' cartridge.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Rom was searching the net the other day and came across a site which had Go Go Home monster as Go? Home. Sadly there was little else mentioned save the title but it got me thinking again of Bobby is going Home. I have seen carts with the title Bobby Go Home before and again the nagging doubts once again surface to the fore. Magic Carpet could definetely be Mr Postman for a lot of Home Vision games became BitCorp or vice versa, depending on what listing you possess. Yes I know I am clutching at straws but it seems to make sense. What is your 2 cents?

;)

Rom was searching the net the other day and came across a site which had Go Go Home monster as Go? Home.  Sadly there was little else mentioned save the title but it got me thinking again of Bobby is going Home.  I have seen carts with the title Bobby Go Home before and again the nagging doubts once again surface to the fore.  Magic Carpet could definetely be Mr Postman for a lot of Home Vision games became BitCorp or vice versa, depending on what listing you possess.  Yes I know I am clutching at straws but it seems to make sense.  What is your 2 cents?

;)

I'd still put way more than 2c on Go Go Home Monster being Col 'N' (AKA E.T. Go Home AKA E.T. Base AKA....)

My little theory:

We have a game that has a small bloke going home and we have a game that has an alien or monster going home.

We know that the game with a monster (who is trying to go home) has a HomeVision logo.

The bloke-going-home game involves an obviously human person trying to get to his quaint little house.

The monster-going-home game involves an obviously non-human (monster) trying to get space-ship parts in a very E.T. like fashion.

I'd still be very surprised if Go Go Home Monster isn't Col 'N', especially as most of the pseudonyms for the game involve the word "Monster" or "E.T."

That's my 2c, but please prove me wrong if you can. :)

Both Rom and myself shared the same thought some time ago but both of us reached the conclusion that Home Vision would have not released two titles under the same game. AtariMania lists both Go Go and Col N as seperate releases under the Home Vision label which led us to believe that Go Go is a seperate game to Col N. I would love for someone to prove me wrong just so that I could finally put closure on it ;)

The nine Bit Corporation games (PG201 - PG209) are the true originals.

About Go Go Home Monster being Bobby is Going Home:

It's possible (although the AKA postition in the Home Vision list (VCS83103) doesn't 'feel right' for a Bit Corporation game).

I still think it's Challenge, but again: I'm not 100% certain.

But it could also be that we're going round in circles:

Somebody played the Taiwanese Col 'N', saw the Home Vision logo on screen and decided that it's also a Home Vision title, which it isn't, because the real Home Vision title of this game is Go Go Home Monster.

Frustrating indeed.

Somebody must own this Go Go Home Monster cartridge...

BTW: the ITT Family Games Alien's Return AKA fits nicely into the Go Go Home Monster position (VCS83103) of the Home Vision list.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

I totally agree with you Rom. I was certain for a long time that it was Col N until I saw a couple of sites list both Col N and Go Go as seperate games. Challenge is certainly a very strong contender but Home Visions link with Bit Corp makes me lean heavilly towards Bobby as well especially when you consider he is GOING HOME. War 2000 finally surfaced. We just have to hope and pray that another international collector finally reads this and lets us in on the secret;)

Edited by Foxsolo2000

Call me sceptical but basing our own judgements on what other websites are reporting, when usually websites rely on each other for information, is a little risky. The details on Atarimania are scant indeed.. and when we consider the fact that they also list Peter Penguin and Frisco as seperate games, I think we should take the site as useful but not anything to set our own knowledge by....

All IMHO. :)

Still reckon it's Col 'N'. :) Though I concede Challenge is second place in likelihood stakes.

Ah I see what you mean. So if we work on the assumption that Atarimania is incorrect in its listing Col N and Go Go as seperate entities then that would lend heavy credence to its true identity but is Atarimania wrong though? Guess we wont know the answer to that until someone successfully identifies either Home Vision Col N or Go Go Home monster.

That's pretty much what I'd always assumed - HomeVision first, pirates 'borrowed' the code. It's certainly backed up by the amount of pirate games that have "Homevision" on the screen.

And if we're sure that Frisco and Peter Penguin are the same game then we know that AtariMania are incorrect on that front, lending credence to the theory that they're wrong on this one.

Of course as soon as a copy of this game comes up we'll know for sure, but not until!