IGNORED

I am loving my new Jaguar!

dalton4life

I've had it for about a week and it's been getting most of my playing time. I paid $150 for the systems, 2 controllers, AV cables and 16 games (most with boxes). I've won a few more games am ready to try some of the pricer newer titles down the road.

Right now I'm playing the heck out of some Tempest 2000, Wolfenstein and AVP.

Hello,

I've had it for about a week and it's been getting most of my playing time.  I paid $150 for the systems, 2 controllers, AV cables and 16 games (most with boxes).
Great starting package!

I've won a few more games am ready to try some of the pricer newer titles down the road.
Don't automatically assume the newer titles are better though. :ponder:

Right now I'm playing the heck out of some Tempest 2000, Wolfenstein and AVP.
It's hard to improve on T2K and AVP for starters. However, there's

a LOT more fun to be had, and half the fun is exploring new games eh?

Don't miss out on less popular games some people say aren't original,

like Zool 2, or Doom, great versions both. Unique games like FlipOut

and Attack of the Mutant Penguins should not be overlooked either! :)

Cheers, and glad you've discovered the fun from a great machine,

JustClaws.

Great to hear you love it! Great starter set! (though you didn't mention ALL the 16 games, so you may have some dogs too) My suggestion to you is to check out the Jaguar section here at AtariAge to see screenshots and descriptions of games, then if something looks good to you from that, ask us here and we can tell you if they truely are gems in the Jag library or if looks/descriptions are decieving. have fun! 8)

It's hard to improve on T2K and AVP for starters. However, there's

a LOT more fun to be had, and half the fun is exploring new games eh?

Don't miss out on less popular games some people say aren't original,

like Zool 2, or Doom, great versions both. Unique games like FlipOut

and Attack of the Mutant Penguins should not be overlooked either! :)

Cheers, and glad you've discovered the fun from a great machine,

JustClaws.

Well my package came with FlipOut (which my finacee likes) and Attack of the Mutant Penguins and I bought the Wolfenstein 3D. Off the newer ones down the road I was thinking Protector SE and Skyhammer. So in all I bought the Wolfenstein and my Jag came with

AVP

T2K

Iron Soldier

Rayman

Attack of the Mutant Penguins

Flip Out

Zoop

Cybermorph

Hoover Strike

Pitfall

Trevor McFur

I-War

Zool 2

Raiden

Busby

Dino Dudes

I've done some research on the site and other on some good and bid on an won a few others of Ebay so I'll be set for a little while but I'd like to own every good game. Others am waiting on from various auctions costing me about $100 total are:

Ruiner Pinball

Pinball Fantasies

Super Burnout

Cannon Fodder

Kasumi Nina

Ultra Vortex

Missle Command 3D

NBA Jam TE

Brutal Spors Football

Wow... you really got some great games in that package.

T2K

AVP

Iron Soldier

Rayman

Zoop

Pitfall

Zool 2

are all really good. Some of the ones listed I haven't played enough to judge. Out of the games you want to get Missile Command 3D is my favorite. Super Burnout is a close second. That game got so much play on my Jag back in the day. I used to be able to ride every track flawlessly. While some people don't like it I really like Kasumi Ninja. Ultra Vortex is arguably better but I like them both. Cannon Fodder is awesome. Every game you have listed in the ones your waiting on are good games in my opinion. Out of the games you already have there are only a couple of duds. Most of those are good IMO if not excellent.

You aren't leaving yourself much to look forward to heh. You are snagging all great titles.

Hi !

Welcome to the Jag scene! :D

You really have some great titles in that package already.

T2K

AVP

Iron Soldier

Rayman

Zoop

Pitfall

Zool 2

are all really good. Some of the ones listed I haven't played enough to judge. Out of the games you want to get Missile Command 3D is my favorite. Super Burnout is a close second. That game got so much play on my Jag back in the day. I used to be able to ride every track flawlessly. While some people don't like it I really like Kasumi Ninja. Ultra Vortex is arguably better but I like them both. Cannon Fodder is awesome. Every game you have listed in the ones your waiting on are good games in my opinion. Out of the games you already have there are only a couple of duds. Most of those are good IMO if not excellent.

You aren't leaving yourself much to look forward to heh. You are snagging all great titles.

Of course there still is the Jag CD with titles like Iron Soldier 2, Battlemorph, Myst etc

And all the great games that future will bring :)

Regards, Lars.

T2K

AVP

Iron Soldier

Rayman

Zoop

Pitfall

Zool 2

I know right. But with most good games being able to be aquired for under $20 on Ebay I figured why not? Plus there is just something way cooler about having a Jag set up with a bunch of good games as opposed to all the other systems of the time which I just emulate on my PS2 anyway. I think most my friends who are gamers in the age range of 23-35 didn't realize the Jaguar was as good as it was. From working at Electronics Boutique in 1995 I knew the system at least had some good games.

And thanks for the welcome all. I'm glad to be part of the Jag scene now!

Hello,

I know right. But with most good games being able to be aquired for under $20 on Ebay I figured why not?
Indeed, because prices vary dramatically.

Plus there is just something way cooler about having a Jag set up with a bunch of good games as opposed to all the other systems of the time which I just emulate on my PS2 anyway.
Yes, and Jaguar emulation still has a way to go yet.

I think most my friends who are gamers in the age range of 23-35 didn't realize the Jaguar was as good as it was.  From working at Electronics Boutique in 1995 I knew the system at least had some good games.
That's a very telling remark indeed.

It's nice to see people are getting a different view from grass roots! :)

And thanks for the welcome all.  I'm glad to be part of the Jag scene now!
You're very welcome.

I'm glad AA forums are here, open, and lively to entice you in. :D

Cheers,

JustClaws.

Glad to hear you like it! My jag doesnt get much play (I got 3 games: Fever Pitch, Pitfall, and Cannon Fodder, they are o.k, but I have beaten two of em. and Cannon fodder gets very monotonous after like 2 hours) but I have an AvP coming (within this week), so I am gonna hook it up agian.

Hopefully, I can get all the games on my wantlist (for the jag, well, all of them, but I am focusing on the jag at the moment).

Glad to hear you like it! My jag doesnt get much play (I got 3 games: Fever Pitch, Pitfall, and Cannon Fodder, they are o.k, but I have beaten two of em. and Cannon fodder gets very monotonous after like 2 hours) but I have an AvP coming (within this week), so I am gonna hook it up agian.

Hopefully, I can get all the games on my wantlist (for the jag, well, all of them, but I am focusing on the jag  at the moment).

We are kind of on the same page as far as focusing on the Jag. Cannon Fodder is the one of those that you have that interests me the most as it's the only Jag Army game I think. AVP plays great today. I just wish you could look up and down in it.

You started out with class my friend! I'll be honest here, you will be hard pressed to be as satisfied with the rest of the Jaguar library after starting out with T2K, AvP, and Wolf3D...those are 3 of the very best games on the machine, especially T2K which is SHOCKINGLY good.

Thats not to say there aren't other great games, just that T2K is one of the best games of all times even considering all other systems out there, but you won't be let down.

It looks like you have I-War, now thats a game that I really dig, but doesn't get alot of talk here, although maybe once in awhile. But I think alot of people view it as average. For myself its in my top 10 best Jaguar games, it has great techno music which would be right at home on the T2K soundtrack, and I like the whole environment of being 'in' the internet, plus there's a good array of weapons available for your sled.

Also the 2 pinball carts are awesome on Jag. You already have an awesome selection of titles though, Rayman, Raiden...both supreme games...make sure to take plenty of time to play these games through and enjoy them to the hilt. I've always had the problem of buying too many games at once, for a system, and then not devoting enough time to ANY of them.

If you must buy a newer Jag title, I most certainly recommend Protector SE, its a sure thing to satisfy.

Hello dalton4life!

You have some really fine games there, for sure. For another entertaining experience, you could grab a couple copies of AirCars from B&C and an inexpensive Jaglink off ebay to network the consoles. As many agree, a two player game of AirCars is hilarious- whether working together or against one another. The graphics are absurd but this only adds to the fun.

Either way, good luck with your collection. Hope you score some more gems. :)

B&C AirCars repros

It's listed almost halfway down the page. ;)

I did buy today an Jaguar too! I'm fond of it already,

I got the games:

Checkered Flag

Doom

Dragon The Bruce Lee Story

Kasumi Ninja

NBA Jam

Pinball

Power Drive Rally

Rayman

Tempest

Val d'Isère Skiing and Snowboarding

I like rayman!!!

...how could you forget CyberMorph? While not bad, it is a good poor man's Panzer Dragoon.

Hello dalton4life!

You have some really fine games there, for sure. For another entertaining experience, you could grab a couple copies of AirCars from B&C and an inexpensive Jaglink off ebay to network the consoles. As many agree, a two player game of AirCars is hilarious- whether working together or against one another. The graphics are absurd but this only adds to the fun.

Either way, good luck with your collection. Hope you score some more gems. :)  

B&C AirCars repros

It's listed almost halfway down the page. ;)

Thanks a lot. I scored a Defender 2000 and my Jag game total is about 30 now. I told my fiancee I was going to chill out from eBay for a little while. So I have plenty of games now. I'll get some more eventually. I want to have an almost complete collection with CD player. I will pass on some of the crap titles though. I have Ultra Vortex and that's kinda cool and then I played Kasumi Ninja which was pure crap. Now it's time to start playing some of my other Jag gems.

To kuifje76: I live in Overijssel, in the east of Holland, but I don't mind to travel so I visited the Dutch Atariday in Dordrecht which was a lot of fun!

To Htbaa: Heerenveen? It's not that far away from Overijssel

And now you said that you are Fries, maybe the American and English people think you are some kind of "eatable"?

I don't know what you guys experiences are, but when I tell someone here in Holland that I have an Atari Jaguar, they don't know exactly what I am talking about, most of them never heard of this game system