IGNORED

Classic gaming tv/movie reference thread....

I remembered that Terminator II has a scene in an arcade.  I thought that John Connor was playing Outrun, but I did a quick search to check on it.  Instead, I found this <a href="http://users.rcn.com/jenison/mars/vidmovies.html">link</a> which might be of some interest.

John Connor played Missile Command and Afterburner.

I remembered that Terminator II has a scene in an arcade.  I thought that John Connor was playing Outrun, but I did a quick search to check on it.  Instead, I found this <a href="http://users.rcn.com/jenison/mars/vidmovies.html">link</a> which might be of some interest.

John Connor played Missile Command and Afterburner.

Missile Command was an obvious choice, of course. James Cameron has a nuke fetish.

Wow, yet another cool page on this topic! :-)

I know that I have seen a movie with Outrun in it. Now that I'm thinking about it, it may have been a documentary...

Did Bowling For Columbine show Outrun (car wrecking and people flying out of the car) along with Doom and possibly others as examples of what violence could be found in video games? It's been a long time... If I remember correctly, Michael Moore also interviewed some scary guy in a bar that had a couple of arcade games in it. I'm not sure that counts here though.

Wow, yet another cool page on this topic!  :-)

I know that I have seen a movie with Outrun in it.  Now that I'm thinking about it, it may have been a documentary...  

I cant count documentorys, as i would have to count 100000000's of news reports and games shows.

[/size]Hands up who wants a credit in my site

assuming you have been taking part in this chat.

Haydn

ps. i have been doing a lot of updating, which i will upload later.

I cant count documentorys, as i would have to count 100000000's of news reports and games shows...

Bummer, I guess that rules out Crumb. In a later scene of the movie, Robert's daughter is playing Tetris on the Gameboy as she sits in his lap.

Of course, Crumb is more than just a documentary. I've viewed it more times than any movie other than The Wall or Pulp Fiction. :-D It is your list though. :lolblue:

Check out the list of shows on my site, over 110 entries so far!!! I will give them there own pages as i get images/get round to it. Thanks again to atari times.

Haydn

This thread now has a galery. Please contact me with images (especialy if you have better ones for film already added) I am working on the formating at the moment, but i am limeted in the same way that i am on the forum, any feedback will be apreciated. once i got it figured i will upload the whole collection.

Haydn

Last night's ALIAS, Marshall was seen playing a game offscreen...Sloane comes in and interrupts him, with a "what are you doing?" glare, Marshall then holds up a 2600 joystick and Asteroids cartridge and says "You can't beat the classics!"

837552[/snapback]

You mean this? :D

Sorry it's kind of hard to see, but it's clearly an Asteroids cart.

post-6427-1113657504_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mental Vortex

Is that an actual game or made up graphics?

Haydn

838897[/snapback]

Haydn,

Dunno. It looks real. They actually show some gameplay happening during the scene. Now I doubt if it's a 2600 game, but could definately be a real game.

Cap

Thanks,

Keep them coming, and i'll add them all the the galery. It will take me a little while, due to a back log and the links needed for decent descriptions, so bear with me.. i havent forgotten.

Haydn

Haydn,

No problems. I'm not looking for fame or fortune here. It's kind of fun. Skimming thru these at 32x speed trying to spot Video Game related stuff. That is with the exception of Knight Rider which I remembered was one of the first three episodes of the series and occured right at the beginning.

And now...on with the show...here's Gremlins. I nearly missed the 2nd one! Anyone know which game that is? I thought it sort of looked like Swordquest, but I couldn't tell for sure.

Cap

post-2110-1113782479_thumb.jpg

post-2110-1113782492_thumb.jpg