IGNORED

What is your rarest 2600 game?

attendo

That's the one I traded to John Earney in Nov 1995.  Here are the front and back pics of mine (sorry, can't seem to get the scanner to work so digital pix are the best I can do right now).  I found the stash in a thrift (since bulldozed) in the summer of 1995 for a grand total of...$1.20 and traded them in rgvc a few weeks later.

Chris

post-7225-1120318351_thumb.jpgpost-7225-1120318378_thumb.jpg

884747[/snapback]

I don't mind the digital pic at all! I'll take it! :roll::P

Very Nice... drool.gif ...!

I'd open it. If it were mine that is.  :D

Atari went all out on them boxes didn't they!  :P

884812[/snapback]

It actually IS open, sort of. The 3 glue spots on the bottom are separated and I can remove the cart from the bottom of the box. The top key flap remains sealed. Not even a cheap set of instructions or "Welcome Coca-Cola Executive" missive inside. Just a 49 Games, red Atari catalog -- marketing, hmppfh!

I'd open it. If it were mine that is.  :D

Atari went all out on them boxes didn't they!  :P

884812[/snapback]

It actually IS open, sort of. The 3 glue spots on the bottom are separated and I can remove the cart from the bottom of the box. The top key flap remains sealed. Not even a cheap set of instructions or "Welcome Coca-Cola Executive" missive inside. Just a 49 Games, red Atari catalog -- marketing, hmppfh!

884966[/snapback]

Does it play any differently than regular Space Invader?

Could you please post the screenshot of the cart, pleeeassseee :D

Edited by Hendra

Could you please post the screenshot of the cart, pleeeassseee  :D

884976[/snapback]

Ehhm, I should have said it more clearly. Not a screenshot, but a cartshot. You know, the picture of the cart :)

885003[/snapback]

The cart is just a standard, black, rectangular, Atari cart -- no label, no distinguishing features

Got The Official Frogger by Sega coming on cassette courtesy of eBay.

The rarest game my family owned back in the day was Party Mix.

I'm not sure if those items are rarer (is that a word!?) than the Virtual On/Twin Stick combo I have for my Saturn, though. I had a hard time getting the Saturn Twin Stick when it was new, let alone a Dreamcast one.

I'd say the rarest now, though is either Frogger or the Virtual On stuff. I only wish Virtual On was the netlink version--but it isn't.

The Official Frogger by Sega (6).

Rarest cart? I don't know.

In my old collection, the rarest was Party Mix (7). I had access to some games that were even more rare, though, and played them regularly.

The rarest cart I have now is 7800 Double Dragon, and the rarest we used to have was 2600 Demolition Herby, I think. It was the most valuable, anyway.

• 4 years later...