IGNORED

Atari Flashback 2 in Canada

Hey guys, Amazon Canada has them in stock.  Here's the good part..they are only $29.95 CND. I am not sure if this is an error, or if we are actually gonna get equal pricing in Canada in Canadian dollars.  This is a good deal, however, shipping is not free unless you spend $39.00 or more.  I picked up a CD for $10 to cover the cost, since it would probably cost about $10 to ship anyway I consider the CD free.

Here's a link for those who can't wait and want to buy online from Amazon Canada.  I've included my affliate info in this link, so I get some kickback from Amazon... :-)

http://atari.webhop.org

917967[/snapback]

From Amazon.ca

This item will be released on November 4, 2005. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives.

Amazon didn't even send me any email regarding the delay, or my order. I just cancelled it.

Hi,

So... I guess none until oct or nov?

Frank

932077[/snapback]

The longer the wait for us Canadians, the more likely the chance that we'll get a newer revision of the FB2. So the question is whether or not you are patient enough to wait for improvements to a product that is already considered very good in a majority of the reviews by mainstream Atari fans.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hey guys, Amazon Canada has them in stock.  Here's the good part..they are only $29.95 CND. I am not sure if this is an error, or if we are actually gonna get equal pricing in Canada in Canadian dollars.  This is a good deal, however, shipping is not free unless you spend $39.00 or more.  I picked up a CD for $10 to cover the cost, since it would probably cost about $10 to ship anyway I consider the CD free.

Here's a link for those who can't wait and want to buy online from Amazon Canada.  I've included my affliate info in this link, so I get some kickback from Amazon... :-)

917967[/snapback]

From Amazon.ca

This item will be released on November 4, 2005. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives.

Amazon didn't even send me any email regarding the delay, or my order. I just cancelled it.

927547[/snapback]

Amazon now has November 7th as shipping date.

947439[/snapback]

Now it says November 9th... :roll: *Sigh* Maybe in time for Christmas... :ponder:

947447[/snapback]

Sorry for the cursing, But this is fuckin' BULLSHIT!! My Birthday is December 4th and my kids really wanted to get me one for my birthday so "Daddy can get a new Atari for his birthday" as they say to me. This is really bullshit. If I don't even have the OPTION to go to the store get a FB2 by my birthday I'm just not gonna buy one at all. (I don't have to my kids are gonna buy it for me..lol.. What an empty threat eh?.But I'm still pissed.)

Edited by silver_surfer

947439[/snapback]

Now it says November 9th... :roll: *Sigh* Maybe in time for Christmas... :ponder:

947447[/snapback]

Sorry for the cursing, But this is fuckin' BULLSHIT!! My Birthday is December 4th and my kids really wanted to get me one for my birthday so "Daddy can get a new Atari for his birthday" as they say to me. This is really bullshit. If I don't even have the OPTION to go to the store get a FB2 by my birthday I'm just not gonna buy one at all. (I don't have to my kids are gonna buy it for me..lol.. What an empty threat eh?.But I'm still pissed.)

947491[/snapback]

If the Nov. 9th shipping date is final as its mentioned in the link

then if its shipped by then, it should get to you well before December!

BTW, you can always order and cancel it before it ships if they take too long. They don't bill your CC until they ship. I've already cancelled mine, but I may just order again because all the crap checking out stores for stock is a pain. Just relax and let 'em ship it when it arrives! Chances are you'll get it before the stores!

....these delays are just strange. Did they have to do with the shipping strike in the west coast? In Vancouver, that strike is over and now they're shipping all sorts electronics that have been sitting in warehouses (what I've heard). Could the Flashback be like this?

I've also withdrawn my prepaid deposits, after, what, the 4th or 5th delay?

I don't really mind, I HAVE an Atari, but I was planning on buying a few as gifts this year for Christmas. This delay, what's the cause? I guess if one is willing to get the sound chip issue one from the States, that could be doable.

But what's with all the changes in release dates?...the things are made and shipped! What gives?

I was also going to mod them to play carts. At this rate, that ain't gonna happen.

BTW, you can always order and cancel it before it ships if they take too long. They don't bill your CC until they ship. I've already cancelled mine, but I may just order again because all the crap checking out stores for stock is a pain.  Just relax and let 'em ship it when it arrives!  Chances are you'll get it before the stores!

947895[/snapback]

Looks like Amazon is planning a price increase for the Atari Flashback 2. I suggest putting a pre-order in before it goes up to match the US retail price.

EDIT--Too late, #&$#&! they raised the price to $33.95 and Star Wars III DVD that I was going to pre-order with it also went up $6.00. WTF!!?!?!

Edited by Esc

Come'on Sid... kids read these message boards too, lets chill with the outright cursing, at least put a couple of replacement characters into your posting or something dude.

Curt

20 f-in' days after my last post, and still no FB2....

FOR F'S SAKE!!!!!!!!

)(**)&^(&*^%^&%#$%^#@$^@$&^*%$*&%^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>:(

950736[/snapback]

...any Canadian kid will have those same curses flying out of their mouth!!..hahaha, nah, it's true...outright cursing does seem out of place here in AtariAge..it's true.

I guess it only goes to show how anxious we are to get the goods!....Nov 6th??!?!!..what happened to Oct 25th?!?!!?

...Drat! Nincompoopery! Frizzle Frazzle!!!!

Hey there..

I work as a purchaser for a CompuSmart location in Canada, and our supplier is listing they'll receive the Flashback 2.0 on October 31st. I didn't even think to check earlier because I didn't assume we'd be carrying it, and likely most stores won't bring them in as stock, but they'll likely order them for you or you can order online.

Price is listing at 39.99, and if you want a little proof (or to order it locally or online), the web-id and order number for it is 738367.

If this info changes I'll let you fellow canada-dwellers know ASAP.

I've been lurking here for a while, but figured this was a fair enough reason to register and post something. :)

Edited by cog

"Under certain circumstances, a curse can provide more relief than a prayer."

–Mark Twain

This isn't a Disney website. Kids read it, yeah, but the kids are mostly 30something men. I'd take the advice if I were always swearing, but I don't swear all that much. Besides, the little bastards swear more than I do in everyday life, anyway :lolblue:

If anything, I'm angry because I can't have your nifty product, Curt. You should be flattered :P

BTW, you can always order and cancel it before it ships if they take too long. They don't bill your CC until they ship. I've already cancelled mine, but I may just order again because all the crap checking out stores for stock is a pain.  Just relax and let 'em ship it when it arrives!  Chances are you'll get it before the stores!

947895[/snapback]

Looks like Amazon is planning a price increase for the Atari Flashback 2. I suggest putting a pre-order in before it goes up to match the US retail price.

EDIT--Too late, #&$#&! they raised the price to $33.95 and Star Wars III DVD that I was going to pre-order with it also went up $6.00. WTF!!?!?!

949068[/snapback]

The Canadian Retail price looks like its gonna be $39.95 (CND Funds) so, Amazon's price of $33.95 isn't looking too bad. I'd suggest preordering as stock is probably going to be limited and the price will likely shoot up to $39.99. I'm guessing the original $29.99 price was in error and those who pre-ordered at the price will still be honoured.

CONFIRMED, in stock at most Zellers in Toronto (GTA)

$39.99 + Taxes

956104[/snapback]

Looks liike I'm gonna get my local Zellers to ship one (maybe 2) down from T-dot to BrockVegas cause I want it!! Should be 48 hour ship I would expect. Thanks for the info, Much appricated, Now I can finish off making my tabletop handheld. (More too come on that when its done, Gimme a week or two. I want it done by my birthday for my friends to mash on when we get smashed).