IGNORED

FB2 and ADV2...

Yes, three times so far. But I can't find anything different. What am I doing wrong?

:?

BTW, try using the color/black & white switch to "see" better in the mazes.

:cool:

907668[/snapback]

Where are you running into problems? Is it the hidden maze inside the Hegde Maze Castle?

Finding your way around the Water Kingdom and Hedge Maze Kingdom will be a little difficult at first until you see how to go, once you've reached the Hedge Maze Castle (with its key) then things get a little more difficult - also Grundle is usually hiding right at the beginning of the Invisible maze inside the Hedge Maze Castle, so that can make things more difficult and the Sword can be randomly placed anywhere within the 4 kingdoms, so not having it handy can be a pain.

Once you open the Hegde Maze castle gate, the bat is now free to roam through all of the kingdoms, though you'll find it likes to stay around the invisible maze a lot and in the Ice Kingdom maze a lot and can really be a pest, especially once you've found the chalice (always guarded by Rindle and he WILL chase you dauntingly if you can steal the chalice from him and escape (though there is a trick to confuse him and he'll stay put)

Once you've manuevered through the Invisible Maze you then get to decide whether you'll head Left into the Fire Kingdom (which is a fairly easy maze on the outside of the castle, but more difficult inside) or go Richt to the Ice Kingdom (which is much more complex maze - until you learn it) and inside of the Ice Castle is a very simple path to follow...

Now don't get too used to finding the chalice in one castle, the chalice will randomly be placed in either of the Fire or Ice castles, so its never in the same castle like the original adventure where you would find it in the same spot inside the black castle.

Oh and did I mention... there is a dot & hidden room in this Adventure as well :-)

(though no one has yet to find the 2nd hidden room in Flashback 1's Adventure.)

I would release the map, but I think it'll be a lot more fun for everyone to build their own maps and create a master map of the Adventure II kingdom's on their own. Best of luck in your Adventures :-)

Curt

Oh and did I mention... there is a dot & hidden room in this Adventure as well :-) 

(though no one has yet to find the 2nd hidden room in Flashback 1's Adventure.)

Curt

907723[/snapback]

With this information, you've sold me on both Flashbacks 1 & 2. Attention to details like this is great. Thanks Curt!

- Shawn

You do the same thing with the dot and objects finding the 2nd room as you would with the original... that more or less gives the answer away...

Curt

There's a second hidden room in FB1 Adventure?

I guess I'll have to drag the FB1 out again and find it...and clues? Do you need the dot to reach it as well?

908242[/snapback]

You do the same thing with the dot and objects finding the 2nd room as you would with the original... that more or less gives the answer away...

Curt

There's a second hidden room in FB1 Adventure?

I guess I'll have to drag the FB1 out again and find it...and clues? Do you need the dot to reach it as well?

908242[/snapback]

908244[/snapback]

I'll give it a go tonight then!

Adventure II is based on Ron Lloyd's Adventure 2 for the 5200, it has 4 kingdoms/castles... same dragon's and bat, same "good magic" such as the bridge, magnet and sword.

The game is completely designed from the ground up using the Adventure engine, but none of the mazes or kingdoms in it is a carry over from the original Adventure. All the mazes and paths are completely new, only the Gold castle is from the original Adventure which is within the "Water Kingdom", now there is a green "Hedge Kingdom" castle and the red "Fire Kingdom" and the blue "Ice Kingdom" Even the insides of the castles are different. The game is also much larger then the original Adventure.

Curt

Is adventureII for the FB 2 a hack of the orig Adventure or is it a completely new

game? 

Kevin

909886[/snapback]

Adventure II is based on Ron Lloyd's Adventure 2 for the 5200, it has 4 kingdoms/castles... same dragon's and bat, same "good magic" such as the bridge, magnet and sword.

The game is completely designed from the ground up using the Adventure engine, but none of the mazes or kingdoms in it is a carry over from the original Adventure. All the mazes and paths are completely new, only the Gold castle is from the original Adventure which is within the "Water Kingdom", now there is a green "Hedge Kingdom" castle and the red "Fire Kingdom" and the blue "Ice Kingdom" Even the insides of the castles are different. The game is also much larger then the original Adventure.

And a nice job they did too. I beat it once yesterday, and I must say the layout is quite good. Four castles surprised me, and the mazes were well laid out. Hell of a deal, that FB2.....

It was basically Adventure 2 that clenched my decision to purchase the Flashback 2. I figure it's probably the closest thing to an official 2600 Adventure sequel we will see; Something that I hoped for as a kid. I was pleased with it... If the original Adventure had a "Game 4" option (and more memory) it might have been something like this. The dragons all seem like they're amped up a notch. The bat is peskier than ever. I finished the game Wednesday night and had a great time.

PS:

CV&TSTTWR!!!!!!!!

No kidding Randy --- You figured that out already, huh!?!?!?

Nice work ;-)

Curt

It was basically Adventure 2 that clenched my decision to purchase the Flashback 2. I figure it's probably the closest thing to an official 2600 Adventure sequel we will see; Something that I hoped for as a kid. I was pleased with it... If the original Adventure had a "Game 4" option (and more memory) it might have been something like this. The dragons all seem like they're amped up a notch. The bat is peskier than ever. I finished the game Wednesday night and had a great time.

PS:

CV&TSTTWR!!!!!!!!

910337[/snapback]

Two things. First, found the second easer egg on the fb1. Pretty cool, thanks for the hints.

Beat Adventure 2 on the FB2. I noticed that I didn't really even need the blue castle, I unlocked it to check it out, then went back to the red castle. The chalice was inside, so I took it back to the yellow castle and finished the game. What is the blue castle for? Do the games objects appear randomly and I just got lucky.

I posted a pic of me with the chalice just before entering the yellow castle, since the chalice was not visible once I won the game.

Edit: Crap, just noticed I wasn't the first to beat it... :x :)

Edit2: Just read Curt's posts about the randomization of objects. I guess I lucked out and got an easy draw. I'm gonna work on the dot and easter egg later.

post-5880-1124111375_thumb.jpg

post-5880-1124111382_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lord Helmet

Will future revisions of FB2 tweak colors of the mazes to get them in line with the original intention?

911605[/snapback]

HUH?

911913[/snapback]

In the screenshot for the yellow castle the background color is set to black whereas in the original Adventure it's grey. I think that's what he meant. Stuff like that.

I was just hoping that with Adventure 2, I might be able to turn off the bat with the difficulty switches, like turning off the UFO in Asteroids. When I'm trying to explore all the mazes it would be nice to get that stupid bat off my back and keep him from stealing my bridge. I can't seem to locate the microdot. I've found what looks like the wall that a hidden message would be behind, but that damn bat ends up stranding me somewhere after taking the bridge away from me.

I've noticed a couple of odd quirks to the game. The bat took a key away from me and dropped a dead dragon in it's place, and I was trapped inside the dragon! And a couple of times, the bat will just stop and sit in the same place holding on to some object until I walk into the frame with another item.

I've finished Adventure 2 a couple of times, but I still haven't finished Return to Haunted House. I can't figure out what the arrow in the game is for. The ghosts just swallow me regardless.

Edited by SteveW

I've finished Adventure 2 a couple of times, but I still haven't finished Return to Haunted House. I can't figure out what the arrow in the game is for. The ghosts just swallow me regardless.

912138[/snapback]

The online manual will DIG UP some answers regarding Return To Haunted House. Until then...

(spoiler)The brown "arrow" is a shovel. What can a shovel be used for...? ;)

Edited by atwwong

I've noticed a couple of odd quirks to the game. The bat took a key away from me and dropped a dead dragon in it's place, and I was trapped inside the dragon! And a couple of times, the bat will just stop and sit in the same place holding on to some object until I walk into the frame with another item.

912138[/snapback]

The bat has acually helped me kill a dragon twice! When I had the sword, the bat had a dragon, and flew into my sword!

:D

It also looks here like the player is generated with a player instead of the ball. If it were the ball then it would inherit the same color as the playfield, which is a key "styling" of Adventure, as the dot is supposed to keep changing color on each screen in a kind of mood-ring way.

Using a player would probably create even more flicker in the game than Adventure.

It also looks here like the player is generated with a player instead of the ball.

IIRC it's the missile. I think the bat and the player have the same color. I haven't played this in a while so I could be wrong.

If they had used the ball I think it would have been easier to see the player too.