IGNORED

Threats from eBay user - what should I do?

I received a call today from someone from area code 920. He left me a message saying that he is "going to get me" for some eBay transaction. He claims that he never received an item that he bought from me on eBay. I have no clue who this guy is. The area code goes to Wisconsin. The name that he left did not match up with any sales that I have made lately. The item that he claims to have not received I have not shipped to Wisconsin this year. What should I do about this guy? He hasn't emailed me and I have no clue as to who he is. His message was threatening and he didn't sound like the type of person that I want to deal with.

Don't erase that message!

The police will need it after they find your body! (j/k :-D )

I would call the guy back and try to get to the bottom of this. He might be looking for someone else, or maybe an auction slipped by you or something?

Ask for an auction number or some record of the transaction.

Very curious indeed.

Has anyone pulled your contact details from ebay recently?

958667[/snapback]

I probably have had 3-4 people pull my contact information this year. Come to think of it I did have a problem probably around January with some guy. He was trying to pull a scam on me and he was from Wisconsin.

Is there anyone on here who can pull the guys name if I give you his phone number?

Has anyone pulled your contact details from ebay recently?

958667[/snapback]

I probably have had 3-4 people pull my contact information this year. Come to think of it I did have a problem probably around January with some guy. He was trying to pull a scam on me and he was from Wisconsin.

Is there anyone on here who can pull the guys name if I give you his phone number?

958686[/snapback]

I'm a librarian. I can attempt to trace the number if you want.

Try Anywho.com. If the number is listed, it will turn up there.

958691[/snapback]

Thanks. I tried that but the number didn't come up. I tried calling but it went to a voice mail system. He might have called from a cell phone.

958697[/snapback]

Sounds like it.

http://fonefinder.net/

This will tell you if it's a cell phone for free. They'll want $$$ for the listing, though.

Check out his feedback, looks like you neg'd him over something earlier this year. Now he is no longer on Ebay. You may want to send the other people who neg'd him a quick e-mail to see if they have received similar threats.

And most definitely call the police about this. They'll certainly be able to trace him, and you, my friend, are the victim of an assault, and it is a felony. They'll put an arrest warrant out on the guy, post it, and if he's ever pulled over for even speeding, and they check if there are any outstanding warrants, they'll arrest the guy. Don't let someone get away with that.

I don't think there is anything to do. The guy is NARUed--he can't hurt you eBay account any more than he has already. He's in Wisconsin, you're in Missouri. You can ignore him and he'll get bored, or you can answer him and tell him that you're somebody else and you just got a new phone.

I received a call today from someone from area code 920.  He left me a message saying that he is "going to get me" for some eBay transaction.  He claims that he never received an item that he bought from me on eBay.  I have no clue who this guy is.  The area code goes to Wisconsin.  The name that he left did not match up with any sales that I have made lately.  The item that he claims to have not received I have not shipped to Wisconsin this year.  What should I do about this guy?  He hasn't emailed me and I have no clue as to who he is.  His message was threatening and he didn't sound like the type of person that I want to deal with.

958664[/snapback]

Im in the area code 920, I live in Green Bay.

But its not me...

I received a call today from someone from area code 920.  He left me a message saying that he is "going to get me" for some eBay transaction.  He claims that he never received an item that he bought from me on eBay.  I have no clue who this guy is.  The area code goes to Wisconsin.  The name that he left did not match up with any sales that I have made lately.  The item that he claims to have not received I have not shipped to Wisconsin this year.  What should I do about this guy?  He hasn't emailed me and I have no clue as to who he is.  His message was threatening and he didn't sound like the type of person that I want to deal with.

958664[/snapback]

Im in the area code 920, I live in Green Bay.

But its not me...

958775[/snapback]

:ponder: Suspect number one. ^

J/K

Post the full phone numberhere, and a bunch of us AA'ers will call him and leave HIM a message...

YOU F*** WITH MCGRAIL AND WE F***WITH YOU!!!

BIOTCH.

I'd do it.  :twisted:

958889[/snapback]

That;s Psycho, But it would beVERY effective after about 5 or 6 or 10 people from all over the world called his house. ;)

Post the full phone numberhere, and a bunch of us AA'ers will call him and leave HIM a message...

BIOTCH.

I'd do it.  :twisted:

958889[/snapback]

I know you're probably joking, but this generally is not a good idea. No need to antagonize idiots like this, they are best just left ignored. And you never know if such an individual is reading these public forums, which could ultimately get people here in hot water if such threats were made in his general direction.

..Al

BIOTCH.

I'd do it.   :twisted:

958889[/snapback]

I know you're probably joking, but this generally is not a good idea. No need to antagonize idiots like this, they are best just left ignored. And you never know if such an individual is reading these public forums, which could ultimately get people here in hot water if such threats were made in his general direction.

..Al

959158[/snapback]

Absolutly True Albert, My comment was of a joking mannor just to be clear.

This time the guy called showing his name on my caller id. The name is Eric Begtrup.

I did a search of the last 7000+ emails sent to me and this name did not show up in the search. If anyone knows this person's eBay name I would ask that you send me a private message. I won't be posting his phone number but I would like to know who he is. I have no clue as to who he is.

This time the guy called showing his name on my caller id.  The name is Eric Begtrup.

I did a search of the last 7000+ emails sent to me and this name did not show up in the search.  If anyone knows this person's eBay name I would ask that you send me a private message.  I won't be posting his phone number but I would like to know who he is.  I have no clue as to who he is.

959522[/snapback]

If you have his name and number, why don't you give him a call? He ought to at least let you know what he's upset about!

This time the guy called showing his name on my caller id.  The name is Eric Begtrup.

I did a search of the last 7000+ emails sent to me and this name did not show up in the search.  If anyone knows this person's eBay name I would ask that you send me a private message.  I won't be posting his phone number but I would like to know who he is.  I have no clue as to who he is.

959522[/snapback]

If you have his name and number, why don't you give him a call? He ought to at least let you know what he's upset about!

959813[/snapback]

The guy leaves me a detailed message on my answering machine today. It turns out that I never had a direct transaction with this guy. His message stated that his friend who lives in Colorado bought an item from me and that he gave his friend the cash for it. He says that he has since moved to Wisconsin. This transaction took place back in July. The guy who bought the item from me was a nut. He started sending me emails about 3-4 weeks after I sent the item saying that he never received it. I called and spoke with the guy 3 or 4 times. I even tracked down the package at the post office and had the post office hold it for an extra month for him. The guy never even bothered picking up the package even though he knew it was at the post office. I figured the guy in Colorado was on drugs or something since he bitched that I didn't send the package and then when I found which post office it was at he didn't pick it up.

The package arrived back at my house in September and I have been holding it ever since expecting a chargeback. It still is sealed in my basement with notes all over the package for each time that they tried to contact the guy to let him know that the post office had his package.

Now the guy in Wisconsin (who didn't buy the item from me) wants me to send it to him. It isn't my fault that they never picked up the package. I am not going to pay to ship this again since it cost me about $20 to ship it the first time and I sure am not going to ship it to Wisconsin to some guy who did not buy it directly from me. I figure that if the guy in Colorado wants it he can send me the money to re-ship it and I will do that. Am I wrong for thinking this since I figured I was getting scammed on this the first time around. I must have spent 30 minutes long distance trying to track down the package that the ass in Colorado knew was at his local post office the whole time. Everytime I would call, the guy would say that the post office had sent it back to me. The post office had the package at his local post office for several weeks. I feel like this is not my fault. The guy is Wisconsin is an ass as well. He didn't even buy the item from me and he left a threatening message on my answering machine.