IGNORED

Animal Crossing Friend Code

shep

Anyone else just get the Bluescreen of death? (by anyone I mean Figgler or Atari Jr)

Yeah. I decided it was your fault ;)

I went to one person's town before and it happened everytime more than two people were in the town. The worst part was, her Nook's was selling something I really wanted. Each time I'd buy it and hang out, in would come someone else and then, BAM lost item because of no saving. The last time I went into there I ran right to Nook's, bought the thing I needed, and then ran out of town never to return.

I always have a full signal when it goes out. I'm using the wi-fi dongle, what are you guys using?

Edited by Atarifever

I'm using a D-Link router I got from Future Shop. It's on the DS compatibility list too. I thought I had an issue with it once, but then it turned out the cat unplugged the cable somehow. So, it must be Nintendo's fault then.

I have nothing to do tonight (sadly) so I will pop on periodically to see if any towns are open.

i actually found out that you CAN save in the middle of the game without quitting. it says in a diolog box "im saving now", i think i did it when either crossbow or fever were in town... anywho, it saved ! it was a perfect solution to having to wait it out and pray. However, i cant figure out what the combination of face buttons it was, and its really irritating me... anyonw know what the key combo is to do this?

4768-1432-6648

name: 8bitwiz

town: Hello

fruit: apples (I've also got a nice coconut orchard along the beach)

Has anybody added me yet? I still don't get anything on my "Distant Towns" list.

i added you in my book... for once i wasnt online, ill MIGHT be on tomorrow, but it will be late if i do, so if i am around 9pm.

4768-1432-6648

Has anybody added me yet? I still don't get anything on my "Distant Towns" list.

Shit, I forgot. I'll add you later tonight. I'll drop by if you're on.

Anyone else feel like this game is life consumingly good when you have a friend's list?

4768-1432-6648

Shit, I forgot. I'll add you later tonight. I'll drop by if you're on.

Anyone else feel like this game is life consumingly good when you have a friend's list?

yea ive never been so addicted to the game lol. Now i see what people were raving about for the online portion of the game,... it totally exceeds my expectations and puts games like metroid and mario kart in the dust.

im online (5:40)

EDIT: NOOOO, someone stole Gaston! I loved that grumpy old bunny who wanted to make the worlds best doomsday device.. why did you leave to another AA memeber town?? NOOO...

add on the fact you gave me Derwin :| , man hes annoying...

EDIT: Going shopping, hence, goine offline, ill be back tonight :cool:

Edited by AtariJr

This is getting to be more of a hangout than a game I think. I can't wait for the Wii version.

yep, its a second "life"... and its taking my whole night time hours away from me LOL. this is going to be reaaaally bad when the new semester starts... and even worse when the second semester starts and i have a Wii lol.

I honestly haven't as much fun in like, maybe ever. Playing AC consumes me and hanging, fishing, chatting and writing to you guys is just too cool.

Sorry for the disconnect last night. It was raining here and the power went off for a second, killed my connection. After that I was scared to come back in, just in case.

Hey Atarifever, Annabelle in my town thinks you are a fish philosopher. It's like she knows you man.

Teddy's moving out of my town. If he ends up in yours, good luck. What a dick.

I honestly haven't as much fun in like, maybe ever. Playing AC consumes me and hanging, fishing, chatting and writing to you guys is just too cool.

I really hope there's some connectivity between this version and the Wii one. I'd like to keep typing using the touch pad instead of a controller. Also, it'd be nice to transfer my character and some possesions back and forth. I wonder if I'll think the Wii version is worth upgrading to if I'm still hanging out in the DS version? Maybe if I could visit a DS town on the Wii I'd upgrade because I could keep the same friends list.

Edited by Atarifever

that is a very valid concern... its the reason why i have yet to get the gc version of the game, becuase i honestly dont think i can handle 2 towns right now, Wild Wolrd takes 90 percent of my DS play time as it is lol. Yea, i dont know about having to make a shirt design with the new controller, i know its precise.. but its not "pinpoint a pixel" perfect like the stylus is. Its funny, each form of controll isnt any better than the other if you think about it, each just has different strenghts. So if they could use the wii controller for lets say, fishing... and the ds for designing, that would be a perfect mesh. And considering im getting a DS lite soon, they will now match :).

On a seperate question. Should i get the white DS Lite, or should i spend the extra 60-80 bucks importing the sexy light blue ice color? (dont say black, navy, or pink.. i dont want em lol). In all seriousness though, i heard the white gets yellow easily around the dpad and such from natural oil from the skin. And i know my controllers get dirty and i have to clean them off... if i cant clean the white one, dont you think having one that is a color to hide the discoloration would be better?

Edited by AtariJr

dude , im in your village, wake up!

Yeah, I had it running with the DS closed. I'm just going to have to find a good place to hide.

So a couple of things now that I've got it working.

* It's probably not nice to overwrite someone's patterns in Able Sisters without asking first (I don't really care myself, but some people use it as extra pattern storage)

* If you're the host, you can save by hitting the start button. In fact, it's your responsibility to save every now and then when you have guests! If someone loses their connection (figgler lost power last night, and while the DS has batteries, most folks don't have their wireless or their cable/DSL modem on a UPS), the game goes bluescreen, and everything done since the last save is GONE.

* There needs to be a standard place to leave stuff to give away when nobody is around. I suggest the entry arch for freebies for guests, and the front porch of the house for gifts to the host. Be aware that there's apparently a limit to how much stuff you can drop on the ground. Burying can give a few more ground slots in a pinch.

* Since you can't use the catalog when you're a guest (grrrr!), the regulars may have to start posting catalog lists from their towns or something. Then when we really need something, we know who to ask. In my town, Pierce has been wanting a green gingham top for weeks!

* Don't sleep on beds/tables/lab benches if you want people to visit! Apparently nobody could get into my town on Tuesday because of this. Also, nobody can enter OR exit while anyone in your town is talking to an animal, but usually that doesn't last long and it works on a retry.

So does everyone else have fifteen or more pitfall seeds by now? I think we're going to have to have a pitfall seed party sometime. Bury a bunch of pitfall seeds, then go nuts falling into them.

Thanks to AtariJr/Orion for the pears... I've got four or five of them growing, and I'm letting my apples stay on the tree so that I know which trees to NOT chop down (particularly around Nook's) to make room for pears.

And dammit, I got Nooked today. Last night at 9PM, Nook suddenly decided he wanted to build a Nookingtons. I fished a bit so that I could get some cash while he was still open, then I got tired and went to bed early. Then this morning I was up early, stashed a bunch of coconuts, and left the rest at the entrance. The good news is that this is his last expansion. Now if I could just get lots of cash. Able Sisters had a princess crown (1M bells) and a king's crown (1.2M bells) this week, just to mock my lack of cash.

dude , im in your village, wake up!

Yeah, I had it running with the DS closed. I'm just going to have to find a good place to hide.

So a couple of things now that I've got it working.

* It's probably not nice to overwrite someone's patterns in Able Sisters without asking first (I don't really care myself, but some people use it as extra pattern storage)

* If you're the host, you can save by hitting the start button. In fact, it's your responsibility to save every now and then when you have guests! If someone loses their connection (figgler lost power last night, and while the DS has batteries, most folks don't have their wireless or their cable/DSL modem on a UPS), the game goes bluescreen, and everything done since the last save is GONE.

* There needs to be a standard place to leave stuff to give away when nobody is around. I suggest the entry arch for freebies for guests, and the front porch of the house for gifts to the host. Be aware that there's apparently a limit to how much stuff you can drop on the ground. Burying can give a few more ground slots in a pinch.

* Since you can't use the catalog when you're a guest (grrrr!), the regulars may have to start posting catalog lists from their towns or something. Then when we really need something, we know who to ask. In my town, Pierce has been wanting a green gingham top for weeks!

* Don't sleep on beds/tables/lab benches if you want people to visit! Apparently nobody could get into my town on Tuesday because of this. Also, nobody can enter OR exit while anyone in your town is talking to an animal, but usually that doesn't last long and it works on a retry.

So does everyone else have fifteen or more pitfall seeds by now? I think we're going to have to have a pitfall seed party sometime. Bury a bunch of pitfall seeds, then go nuts falling into them.

Thanks to AtariJr/Orion for the pears... I've got four or five of them growing, and I'm letting my apples stay on the tree so that I know which trees to NOT chop down (particularly around Nook's) to make room for pears.

And dammit, I got Nooked today. Last night at 9PM, Nook suddenly decided he wanted to build a Nookingtons. I fished a bit so that I could get some cash while he was still open, then I got tired and went to bed early. Then this morning I was up early, stashed a bunch of coconuts, and left the rest at the entrance. The good news is that this is his last expansion. Now if I could just get lots of cash. Able Sisters had a princess crown (1M bells) and a king's crown (1.2M bells) this week, just to mock my lack of cash.

Those rules rock.

EDIT: Fucking Blue Screen!!!

Edited by Atarifever

Hey I do that, so I guess you are talking about me. |icon_innocent.gif I am pretty embarrased now. Yes I hijack clothing stores! Sorry. I always make sure to save over only patterns that are there from Treehut, so of course nothing any player would have created. My goal is to get animals everywhere wearing my designs. I guess I'll check next time, but anyone wants to overwrite them of course, it's all good.

So, what did you want that Princess crown for? ;)

Edited by figgler

Katie is here and she is crying, she wants to go back to fantasia... please hook up with me tomorrow night....

They cry? I haven't seen that before.

me niether.. but shes in the middle of my town bawling....asking for me to take her back.