IGNORED

Thrust Plus: Special Edition

Albert

Bonjour!

so since a few hours the list is full.

if in the next two days we get enough reservations, we might get another 50 sets. news will be posted. so don't hesitate to send your reservation. the more we get, the more probable is that we'll do it!

today also, the contest will be posted. we have changed the restrictions a bit, and now everybody can participate and win a completely free set #1.

so start your engines, pilots!

greetings

Thomas -

I just read about the Thrust+ contest, and would strongly prefer to play Thrust on the real 2600, as opposed to the PC. There's no way I'll score as well on the emulator.

Is it possible to run Thrust through an unmodified Supercharger? When I try to use the makewav utility, the utility responds that the .bin is an invalid file size for the Supercharger, and it aborts the operation.

I don't have a Cuttle Cart; am I stuck playing the game on the emulator? Obviously I don't have the real Thrust cartridge either; one of the reasons I want to try and win one of the Thrust+ games in this contest!

Thanks,

Steve

Well, I managed to get Thrust working in PCAE 2.6, under Win98, using my MS Sidewinder gamepad. (Completed one game - score-> about 13,000. Good? Lame? No shot at all at the prize?)

BUT, assuming I'm stuck using emulators (IE, it won't work on a Supercharger), is there a way to play it in Windows 2000?

I was unable to find an emulator that worked in WIndows 2000 and that would run Thrust.

Thx,

Steve

[ 05-28-2002: Message edited by: Steve Jacobs ]

quote:

Originally posted by Steve Jacobs:

Well, I managed to get Thrust working in PCAE 2.6, under Win98, using my MS Sidewinder gamepad. (Completed one game - score-> about 13,000. Good? Lame? No shot at all at the prize?)

BUT, assuming I'm stuck using emulators (IE, it won't work on a Supercharger), is there a way to play it in Windows 2000?

I was unable to find an emulator that worked in WIndows 2000 and that would run Thrust.

Thrust won't run with a Supercharger because the SC only supports 4K games and Thrust is 16K.

IMO best emulator for W2K is the latest release of CyberStella.

About your score: I don't know, because I don't know about other contest scores at all. But I think you have to do better.

Well, being a "johnny-come-lately", I put my list on the 51-99 reservation list, hoping that enough people join with me and a 2nd production run is made...

Anyway - here's a question for Thomas: can Thrust+ SE be controlled by a joystick or is it specially programmed to use the driving controller/foot pedal only?

Thanks!

quote:

Originally posted by JohnnyWC:

Anyway - here's a question for Thomas: can Thrust+ SE be controlled by a joystick or is it specially programmed to use the driving controller/foot pedal only?

No, you can choose.

The Joystick or Footpedal goes into left, the (optional) DC into the right port.

The DC only controls the turning of the ship and fire. But these controls are still also possible with the joystick.

So you can play with the joystick alone (like before), or you can use the joystick or a footpedal together with the DC.

Wow! That's awesome news Thomas! Now I REALLY want one!!

How is the contest shaping up? I didn't want to join because I didn't know what an average score is... I was able to (on game 1) get all the way to the reverse gravity levels (about 70K). Is this even competitive? If so, maybe I'll give it a shot...

Thanks again and please consider making that 2nd production run if you can!!

After panicking this weekend because I thought I lost my Cuttle Cart (which I had brought to PhillyClassic a few weeks ago), I finally located it yesterday. I'm planning on spending some quality time with Thrust in the next day or two to see how well I can do. I'll be taking a sample picture of me with my "high score" just to give people an idea of what we're looking for.

..Al

ok, so far the list is full, and we won't plan to make more than 50 numbered sets ... thrust pilots will recieve a new mail this weekend with the whole status, other people that are still interested can leave us a message and get listed for our newsmail ...

after those sets now will be shipped, we might finish another simpler set that still includes the controller.

if we manage to get a realistic deal for those, we will provide you more of those sets ..... just not with all the extras comming with this edition ... all those on the additional reservation list will be informed first then, and can reserve a copy ....

and for the contest there's now another special rule:

moycon has to send us photos of him next to his highscore with a bologna sandwich in his mouth ... otherwise it woun't count !

JohnnyWC -

Just out of curiosity, how are you playing the game? Emulator (which), Cuttle Cart, some other option I haven't thought of?

And what type/brand of controller are you using?

Inquiring minds want to know....

I'm using an MS Sidewinder pad, running the game in PCAE 2.6. This morning I played for the second or third time, and scored about 40,000.

My biggest difficulty is trying to adjust the ship's direction. I think my trouble is related to the sensitivity of the D-Pad. I often end up turning too far, especially if I am trying to point the ship perfectly vertical. Also, many times I'll inadvertently rotate when I try to apply thrust.

Steve,

Currently I'm using PCAE 2.6 under Win 2K. I use the keyboard to play. I was going to buy the cart from Hozer until this Thrust+ announcement was made - now I'm waiting (and hoping) for a chance to buy one of those!! I would love to play it on a REAL Atari...

Good luck!

ok, the first week is over and i see a lot of enthousiasm for the contest ... it seems this has also been a good opportunity to update the emulators ...

randy finished the carts and they will be on the way very soon ... hope they don't get stuck at the customers like my Qb se.

the first boxes should also arrive this week so i'll post a picture of the complete set for everybody ...

all our pilots (people who purchased a copy) will get a newsmail later ....

btw, european pilots who don't have a driving controller ....

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...item=2029543026