IGNORED

New NES system?

I am not sure about using USA power supplies on JAP consoles. I have seen people run JAP consoles on USA outlets without any negative consequences, but I'm still trying to find a step down converter just to be on the safe side. For a Twin Famicom, you are likely to pay a collector premium on it, no matter where you go. I got a boxed 2nd wave one for around $200, in almost perfect shape...so I considered it a decent deal.

Thats because Japanese use 100v with half the country at 50Hz and the other half at 60Hz. I do not know why. I used my razor in Japan with no problems. Laptop too, but they are made to take different voltages and frequency. I guess 100v is close enough to 110v

Here is a map of the electrical standards throughout the world.

I think a lot of the controversy over the NEX is due to the producer's failed promises, and not from the unit itself. I have one, and it works great for 97% of what I own (300 or so games). Pretty much a few obscure games, Castlevania III, and a bunch of Koei strategy games are the ones that wont work. It plays my stack of twenty famicom carts too, and the controller is my fav NES pad ever. It's not perfect, but it (at least in my book) is a darn good little system.

The NEX also does not correctly play The Lengend of Zelda and Gauntlet... obscure and rare as you may think they are. Also, considering the fact that its colors and sound are not quite right for just about every game that it does play, I'd go as far as to say that it does NOT work great for most NES games. It also cannot be used with any Famicom games that require the special Famicom controller port because the NEX lacks such a port.

The NEX also does not correctly play The Lengend of Zelda and Gauntlet...It also cannot be used with any Famicom games that require the special Famicom controller port because the NEX lacks such a port.

Lame! Can Arkanoid 2 Famicom be played with the US vaus controller (no plans to get NEX and I plan to get a Famicom, but it would be something nice to know)?