IGNORED

Atari and other classic games...in song?

Now, even though i grew up during this age, i was young but i still feel like a 9 yo asking this but does anybody know if there were anyother game based songs from the 80s? The only one i know of currently is Pac-Man fever and i didnt even hear that untill recently. Does anybody else know of anyothers?

Buckner and Garcia (the guys behind "Pac-Man Fever" did a whole album of songs. The track list is as follows:

• Pac-Man Fever
  • Froggy's Lament (Frogger)
  • Ode to a Centipede
  • Do The Donkey Kong
  • Hyperspace (Asteroids)
  • The Defender
  • Moustrap
  • Goin' Berzerk

A completely re-recorded CD (they couldn't get the rights to the original masters) is available from www.bucknergarcia.com as well as amazon.com.

Additionally, The Pretenders had a song called "Space Invader" that was the b-side to "Brass in Pocket (I'm Special)". Not sure if it's available.

Several kiddie record companies (like KidStuff, Peter Pan, etc.) released video game related albums, many with songs. However, I don't have any, so I can't be more help on that.

quote:

Originally posted by bangles66:

Hey Rhindle, I didn't know it was re-recorded. Thanks for the info.

Glad I still have the original LP.D

So am I. I still need the 45 of "Do The Donkey Kong" though. It has an instrumental version I would love to have.

The CD is excellent, however. They did a marvelous job of re-creating the sound of the original. There are only a few places where it is obvious it's not the original recording.

An interesting side note to this:

They were able to use the same arcade sounds as they originally used, because their lawyer negotiated them rights in perpetuity. Which means they can use them as long as they live. Pretty cool.

quote:

Originally posted by Rhindle The Red:

Yes, but according to
, it only appears in demo form on the 1995 release from the Demento Society,
DR. DEMENTO'S BASEMENT TAPES NO. 4.

A bit off topic, but over the weekend VH1 had a behind the music a to z marathon, and I caught a few of my favorite bands.. Chicago, Genesis, and Journey. I find it ironic that the only band on there that didn't have probs with sex, drugs, booze or egos was Weird Al..

quote:

Originally posted by liquid_sky:

INKY! Good to see you back around here, there was a large lack of ghosts on the boards.

Great to be back, although probably just a weekend atari-ager for a while. I posted my experiences of the last couple of months over at off topic...

• 2 weeks later...

or does anybody know of an album or something along the lines of songs about or using the songs from classic games? arcade or video games. A album compliation of songs from those kinda games? I just got this tremendous desire to have something along those lines! I can't help it!

I know this question isnt really game songs but i was hoping somebody might tell me...in the 80s flick Monster Squad (anybody ever see it but me and my brother?) there was a song that was going "Rock untill you drop...dance untill your heart stops..rock untill you drop..dance till your feet fall off.." etc. and i cant remember the actual name of the song or the group that did it? Uh...anybody know what im talking about and what the right answer is?