IGNORED

Mr Do!'s rollercoaster?

StanJr

Hey what's up with the C-64 version screen shot? Bombs, someone at the top to be rescued, what's going on? That's not quite the same as the arcade version.

*edit*

(Clicks on link albert posted)

Oh, I see. It's a CLONE, and not the real deal.

That means I was correct -sort of

[ 10-11-2001: Message edited by: Raccoon Lad ]

BE WARNED!

Once you start collecting MAME stuff, you may never stop. It's bloody addictive. I actually deleted my entire MAME dir to make room for other stuff, promising I'd later set GetRight on KILLER MASS LEECH *.ZIP mode when I've got the room, the time, and the CDs to burn the now-4+ gig collection. :-)

Believe me, the addiction is insideous. You'll find yourself saying, "Oh, I remember that game." Then, "Oh, wow, I spent tons of quarters on this one." And then, "Oh my god! I totally forgot about that game!" and "So that's what that game was!"

By that time, of course, it's too late, and you've already dedicated an entire hard disk partition labelled MAME. :-)

[ 10-12-2001: Message edited by: Mindfield ]

quote:

Originally posted by Mindfield:

Once you start collecting MAME stuff, you may never stop. It's bloody addictive. I actually deleted my entire MAME dir to make room for other stuff, promising I'd later set GetRight on KILLER MASS LEECH *.ZIP mode when I've got the room, the time, and the CDs to burn the now-4+ gig collection. :-)

Hmmmmmmmmm, I've only got three CD-ROMs of MAME ROMs at the moment. It's been a long while since I've taken the time to hunt down MAME ROMs on the net. Sounds like it might be time for a DVD burner.

..Al

It's gotten quite huge. Particularily with some independent MAME versions that feature Capcom System 2 support (since that opens the door for the rather large CPS2 ROMs). I don't personally collect CPS1/2 or NeoGeo ROMs, so that does cut down on the general size of the whole collection -- but it's still pretty huge.

One day I'll go back to mame.dk and grab 'em again... when I feel I've got the free time to spend playing all those old classics I kept well fed with quarters all those years back. :-)

• 2 months later...

Albert--

Hunt them down? They've always been at .dk (aside from the premature "death" following the @home fiasco)...but there are floods on newsgroups from time-to-time.

As a rule of thumb...I try to hold off downloading new stuff until they've been in a few releases (since the romsets change so frequently...the last couple versions had some big changes).

BTW The space required for the entire .056 rom library (zips) is 3.5 gigs (that would be 5 cd's just for the games). Mine is actually at 3,765,899,933 bytes...but there may be a few removed games that I missed removing. Does anyone have a utility that can report unsupported romsets in the folder?

Raccoon Lad--

Don't forget all the name variants...

Mr.Lu!

Mr.Du!

Yankee DO!

Mr.Do vs. Unicorns

Super Pierrot

[ 12-16-2001: Message edited by: Nukey Shay ]