IGNORED

5200 DK versus 7800 DK

Paranoid

@ phonedork: You don't hurt my feelings. You hurt my brain.

Where can I find a copy of DK for the 5200, anyway?

You gotta buy one of those expensive multicarts to get that game. I never actually saw the cart by itself. I have found the Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Jr rom here somewhere in these forums. If you have the multicart, you can just upload it into the cart.

@ phonedork: You don't hurt my feelings. You hurt my brain.

Where can I find a copy of DK for the 5200, anyway?

You gotta buy one of those expensive multicarts to get that game. I never actually saw the cart by itself. I have found the Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Jr rom here somewhere in these forums. If you have the multicart, you can just upload it into the cart.

That's not the only option. :-)

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...=118234&hl=

Peace

7800 definitely has the graphics, although the 5200 isn't bad. it's way better than the 2600 version. I rather the 5200 because it includes the conveyor belt screen that wasn't done on any other home version, including the NES, which was odd since it's their game.

Strangely enough, there is an NES version that has all four screens. It also has the intermissions, and the "complete" version of Donkey Kong Jr., too. I myself played it in the mid (later) 1990s. That is why, in 2000, when I found an NES at a garage sale and picked up a DK/DKJr. cartridge for it, I was surprised that it was the "regular" version; I assumed ALL cartridges were like the one I had played.

And yes, it absolutely was an NES- NOT a Super Nintendo.

7800 definitely has the graphics, although the 5200 isn't bad. it's way better than the 2600 version. I rather the 5200 because it includes the conveyor belt screen that wasn't done on any other home version, including the NES, which was odd since it's their game.

Strangely enough, there is an NES version that has all four screens. It also has the intermissions, and the "complete" version of Donkey Kong Jr., too. I myself played it in the mid (later) 1990s. That is why, in 2000, when I found an NES at a garage sale and picked up a DK/DKJr. cartridge for it, I was surprised that it was the "regular" version; I assumed ALL cartridges were like the one I had played.

And yes, it absolutely was an NES- NOT a Super Nintendo.

Ummm, I don't think that a version of DK with all 4 screens exists for the NES.

Anyone have more info on this?