IGNORED

Anyone else feel let down by PSX pong?

• 1 month later...

Speaking of Atari emulation on the Playstation, did anyone else think that "Activision Classics" sucked? The emulation is horrid!

As you can guess by my user name, the first game I went to was H.E.R.O. HERO's head is green instead of red, and the laser sounds more like a stupid machine gun! VERY VERY bad. Pisses me off.

quote:

Originally posted by Ze_ro:

I'm still surprised they released Pong for the Gameboy Color. Man, whose idea was that??

--Zero

Pong for the PSX and PC actually sold quite well. That's why they went ahead with a sequel: Breakout.

The Game Boy Color version must have seemed like a natural, but Majesco just wasn't up to the challenge.

Well, one of the best things about Pong has always been two-player games. And we all know the situation with two-player Gameboy games (Even if I buy Pong, as if I'll find anyone else who did). Breakout on the Gameboy makes more sense.

--Zero

Rhindle is correct, I talked to a long-time Hasbro guy at the Philly Classic show and he told me that all those games except Missile Command sold quite well.

Anyway, I thought the screenshots showed promise, but I can't imagine playing Pong without a paddle so I didn't buy it.

quote:

Originally posted by John Soper:

If you say pong sold well, I guess we should believe you. Sure seeing it marked down like crazy though. Picked up one new for $7 in a mall store.

John

Most PSX games (even very popular ones) see drastic price drops after sometimes just a few months. The cheap cost of CDs combined with a glut of games prevents titles from maintaining a high price point.

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by J2383:

I do want to find Pacman 20th Anniversery and Arcades Greatest hits :-)

I actually like Pac-Man World: 20th Anniversary. I just can't help feeling it would have worked better on the N64. That's always been the system for 3D platformers. Q*Bert is fun, but get it for the Dreamcast if you have one. The PSX's 3D is simply lousy compared to the N64 or the DC.

quote:

Originally posted by Rhindle The Red:

I actually like
Pac-Man World: 20th Anniversary
. I just can't help feeling it would have worked better on the N64. That's always been
the
system for 3D platformers.
Q*Bert
is fun, but get it for the Dreamcast if you have one. The PSX's 3D is simply lousy compared to the N64 or the DC.

Alas I Do Not In Fact I only Have BLEEM! A Playstation Emulator

• 2 weeks later...

In my openion any new remake of an old atari game will never be the same. There arent many atari fans out there to buy the games so when a new one is created whoever makes it is going to belive they need to improve the graphics to sell it b/c thats what people want. my friend jeff said and this was an exact quote "why do you want an atari when you can go play a ps2" well thats most peoples openions. I wouldnt wast 1 cent on remakes of atari games.

Well How old Is this friend *Jeff* If he's like me I'm only in my early teens 14 to be Exact I was Sucked into Modern of Video games Because I Was born a few years to late I Gaurentee That if I was born earlier I wouldn't give a Care about PSX or any of that stuff By Judging How much I like this stuff now.THE ORIGNAL LEGEND OF ZELDA IS AWSOME!!!! Well Ya'll Digest that

Some say to stop and smell the roses I say stop and Dream