IGNORED

Got a 360 for my Birthday! Any suggestions?

Crazy Climber

Well this was a happy birthday indeed. My girlfriend sprung the cash to get me an Xbox 360 which would make this the first console I have ever owned before the first price cut that I can remember (Excluding Handhelds) I currently own Amped 3 and Dead Rising which are both awesome games. Any must haves that you guys recommend? I haven't really been following it's releases since I was planning on waiting a long while before buying it so I'm kind of behind. Table Tennis and DOA 4 looked kind of cool, so did Topspin...I don't know.... any recomendations would be cool and aprieciated...I just don't really trust a lot of the Magazines anymore. Thanks a lot.

Go online to the marketplace and grab yourself a bunch of demos! :)

And if you don't have an HD set, find a way to get one - friends don't let friends hook their powerful new systems up to 65 year old technology! :lol:

Seriously though - the difference between an HD display and horrible NTSC is like night and day.

A few of my favorite Xbox 360 games in no particular order:

Oblivion / Dead Rising / Ghost Recon AW / Prey / Condemned / Fight Night R3 / Hitman Blood Money / Live Arcade - Gauntlet,Smash TV,Mutant Storm

Currently playing Dead Rising (and loving it) and waiting for Saints Row :)

And if you don't have an HD set, find a way to get one - friends don't let friends hook their powerful new systems up to 65 year old technology! :lol:

Seriously though - the difference between an HD display and horrible NTSC is like night and day.

Schaw! He speak the truth! :-)

Get Elder Scrolls IV:Oblivion no matter what, that game is the best out so far for the 360, and that is saying alot, because i really like most of the games out. ES4 is the only game I've ever got one day, and then for the next 3 days played for 45 hours.

Ghost Recon:Advanced Warfighter is real good too.

The Lord of the Rings:Battle for Middle-Earth II is good also, especially if you like the movies.

Oblivion of course. You will be playing that for weeks. In fact your girlfreind will most likely take away your 360 claiming that she bought it and it's hers and then go return it after getting tired of you staring zombie eyed at the TV all your waking hours.

I also enjoyed Tomb Raider Legends, Condemned, Call of Duty 2 and Kameo (Very under rated game IMO)

If you have Xbox Live, don't forget Burnout Revenge and Prey

Oblivion

Quake 4(it includes Quake 2 which features 4 player Co-Op for ALL levels and its a long game. I played 6 hours with a

friend and we were only half done)

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter

Perfect Dark Zero (Decent FPS, multiplayer is pretty fun)

Far Cry Instincts

Condemned

And check out the arcade, some good titles there.

Ohhh yeah, I forgot about Quake 4 and Far Cry.

I enjoyed both of those! They are both LONG single player games, but have the added bonus of online play. People have complained of lag on Quake 4 in the past, but I played a Deathmatch online a couple weeks ago and didnt have any problems.

quick q moycon:

i was thinking of getting farcry for my regular xbox. I know that the 360 version is obviously better ,but is the game worth gettin? I like games like battlefront, battlefield, unreal and mercenaries... not halo... does this game fit the bill? Thanks

Edited by AtariJr

quick q moycon:

i was thinking of getting farcry for my regular xbox. I know that the 360 version is obviously better ,but is the game worth gettin? I like games like battlefront, battlefield, unreal and mercenaries... not halo... does this game fit the bill? Thanks

No I dont think it fits the bill. I haven't played Battlefront or Mercenaries, but aren't those squad based games? This game you are all by your lonesone. What set's it apart in my opinion is of course the story which I think really sucks you in, the lush tropical setting and the changes you go through as the game progresses. Basically you become a feral man, I will say this, It was a loooooooooooooooooong game I thought. You will definately invest some time getting through some very tough spots to the end....and I played it on the easiest setting!!! My fav was setting primative spike traps up on the trees and luring the enemy to walk near them.

What set's it apart in my opinion is of course the story which I think really sucks you in, the lush tropical setting and the changes you go through as the game progresses. Basically you become a feral man

I was really surprised by just how much I enjoyed Farcry I/P. I really loved the original Farcry on the PC, but I've never been a big fan of console FPS. I had an absolute blast with Farcry on the 360. While it doesn't come close to really utilizing the power of the 360, it is a great looking game. The controls are good, the action, AI and the storyline/character progression are fantastic.

I am looking forward to F.E.A.R. very much. I also played the Prey demo and it was awesome. I think I am going to have to pick that one up.

Just about every 360 game has a demo you can download from the marketplace free. Check some out and decide what you want from there.

Edited by Hyper_Eye

Well this was a happy birthday indeed. My girlfriend sprung the cash to get me an Xbox 360 which would make this the first console I have ever owned before the first price cut that I can remember (Excluding Handhelds) I currently own Amped 3 and Dead Rising which are both awesome games. Any must haves that you guys recommend? I haven't really been following it's releases since I was planning on waiting a long while before buying it so I'm kind of behind. Table Tennis and DOA 4 looked kind of cool, so did Topspin...I don't know.... any recomendations would be cool and aprieciated...I just don't really trust a lot of the Magazines anymore. Thanks a lot.

First thing I would buy is the extended MS warranty. I am on my 3rd XBOX 360.

Other than that I love Far Cry and Burnout.

-Lee

Personally I would scold the girlfriend for letting you buy 360, then I'd pawn it and buy a Nintendo Wii.

But that's just one man's opinion.

---

Seriously, Table Tennis sounds like a good game, I mean cmon. It's pong at its modern-est!

LOL but what if he wants superior graphics and the ability to play online with his buddies from around the world?

Speaking of online playing with your buds, Texas Hold Em gets released tomorrow!! Online poker finally. I'm gonna have to pick up a 6 pack of beer and some cigars.

LOL but what if he wants superior graphics and the ability to play online with his buddies from around the world?

Who would want that?! Only Nintendo knows what's fun and innovative! Only they make fun games for real gamers who just want fun! You must not be a gamer! LOL :P

Poker you say? That could be entertaining :)

And let me add that my love of Dead Rising increased greatly on playing through 'the rest' of the game. Capcom did a truly great job :cool:

Edited by remowilliams