IGNORED

Got a 360 for my Birthday! Any suggestions?

Crazy Climber

Get DOA4.

Other than Ridge Racer, all the other games I've rented for the 360 kinda suck.

I guess if you're into downloading games for $5 a pop, get Geometry Wars Evolved.

So Ridge Racer 6 is good? I am a fan of the series but I figured they just rushed one together for the launch. If not I will totally buy it, I have to quit assuming things.

I heard Ridge Racer on the 360 was pretty bad, haven't played it myself, but I do know you can get it cheap used on Ebay and haven't heard much positive about it even on 360 gamer forums. I'm not a HUGE fan of DOA either, online playing against buddies is AWESOME, but the regular game I dislike, and getting my ASS handed to me in like 10 seconds by people on LIVE sucks also.

I honestly never would have thought I'd hear that all the games on 360 suck but RR6 LOL

Edited by moycon

I heard Ridge Racer on the 360 was pretty bad, haven't played it myself, but I do know you can get it cheap used on Ebay and haven't heard much positive about it even on 360 gamer forums. I'm not a HUGE fan of DOA either, online playing against buddies is AWESOME, but the regular game I dislike, and getting my ASS handed to me in like 10 seconds by people on LIVE sucks also.

I honestly never would have thought I'd hear that all the games on 360 suck but RR6 LOL

Me like RR6 :P

-Lee

Ok, I'm still confused on Ridge Racer. I hope it's good but I have a feeling it sucks. I remember how good everyone said the PSP one was and I didn't think it was that good of a game outside of amazing graphics of course. The story and gameplay got very repetitive very fast and I never played it again. I also hated that if you tapped the car in front of you they would fly ahead a few hundred feet while you got knocked down 3 gears. Another thing was I never saw more than one CPU car on the screen at once while passing...totally weak. If the 360 version is like that then no thanks. :)

Seems like Namco always has a RR game ready for every launch that sucks because it was rushed. I don't even want to get started on the DS version............YUCK!!!

There are tons of demos to try -- start downloading and see what you like.

I've had tons of fun with the arcade games. I wasn't going to get another system, but it's just too well done not to.

Most of my gamer points are from arcade games. :D

Oblivion and Dead Rising have been my favorites so far, but I enjoyed PDZ and Kameo.

This however was disappointing:

Last year, you announced Omikron 2 which came as a surprise to many players. Where are you going with this game? Can you give us some details?

This is more than a rumour, as we have started to work on this very innovative and very challenging project (Omikron 2, called KARMA). However, you shouldn’t expect this title anywhere before 2009. Quantic Dream will be developing another title before that. It is actually already in the making, we have a deal in place.

http://www.working-title.de/artikel.php?ar...d=50&page=1

Man, I didn't want to wait 3 more years to play Omikron 2.... oh well.

ARGH!! I was looking for information on that title like a month ago and couldn't find anything but old stuff. Well at least it wasn't dropped....but damn!

I think we are the only 3 people here who care about this game :sad:

No, there's at least four! I loved Omikron, it was something different and very cool. I still have it CIB :D

I had no idea there was ever any plans to make a second one. I figured the first one must have been a pretty large commercial failure.

Ok, I'm still confused on Ridge Racer. I hope it's good but I have a feeling it sucks. I remember how good everyone said the PSP one was and I didn't think it was that good of a game outside of amazing graphics of course. The story and gameplay got very repetitive very fast and I never played it again. I also hated that if you tapped the car in front of you they would fly ahead a few hundred feet while you got knocked down 3 gears. Another thing was I never saw more than one CPU car on the screen at once while passing...totally weak. If the 360 version is like that then no thanks. :)

Seems like Namco always has a RR game ready for every launch that sucks because it was rushed. I don't even want to get started on the DS version............YUCK!!!

It sounds like you have problems with the basic Ridge Racer physics engine. That's just how Ridge Racer is. So, I guess you'll want to stay away from it.

Oh, and there definitely CAN be situations where multiple cars are all around you. :D

It sounds like you have problems with the basic Ridge Racer physics engine. That's just how Ridge Racer is. So, I guess you'll want to stay away from it.

Oh, and there definitely CAN be situations where multiple cars are all around you. :D

On the PSP? I don't remember or I must not have made it that far (I haven't played it since the first month it came out). Still the fact that if you tap a car from behind it pushed them way ahead and slowed you way down was enough for me not to like it. Don't get me wrong I didn't hate it as much as the DS version I just thought it should have been scored more of a high 7 or low 8 instead of the 9's and 10's the mags were giving it. I guess anytime a new system comes out it happens though, I remember X box magazine gave Wreckless a 9 out of 10 when it came out...what a joke that game sucked balls man.

No, there's at least four! I loved Omikron, it was something different and very cool. I still have it CIB :D

I had no idea there was ever any plans to make a second one. I figured the first one must have been a pretty large commercial failure.

You know Starscream told me you were really cool..... now I believe it! :D

I don't think the first one did well, but I'm not sure Quantic Dream has ever had a large commercially successful game.

I was just really excited about this because every game I love and wish there would be more of never happens, like JSRF, Beyond Good and Evil, Shenmue, and Oddworld. So hopefully it still happens......

The Xbox 360 version of Ridge Racer is EXACTLY like that. In fact, it's so close to the PSP version that only the tracks and the hidden mini-game are different! It looks just like the PSP game, with the same artistic direction and interface, and it plays just like the PSP game, with the same slip-slidey control around corners. If it weren't for the new, less appealing tracks, it would be difficult to tell the two games apart.

JR

I was just really excited about this because every game I love and wish there would be more of never happens, like JSRF, Beyond Good and Evil, Shenmue, and Oddworld. So hopefully it still happens......

The original failed I think because it was overly ambitious. It tried to cram too many genres into one game and didn't really succeed in any but the regular 3rd person exploration mode in my opinion. Luckily that was most of the game. I really hope they make a similar game with a new adventure and iron out those other modes. I will buy this game day one if it gets made. I wonder if emailing positive encouragment to the developers to get this made would help ensure that it does?

I just hope they don't screw it up. I was REALLY looking forward to Shadow Man 2 of the PS2. I loved the DC version. It was one of the few PS2 games I bought the day it hit the shelf. Unfortunately it paled in comparison to the original.

The original failed I think because it was overly ambitious. It tried to cram too many genres into one game and didn't really succeed in any but the regular 3rd person exploration mode in my opinion. Luckily that was most of the game. I really hope they make a similar game with a new adventure and iron out those other modes. I will buy this game day one if it gets made. I wonder if emailing positive encouragment to the developers to get this made would help ensure that it does?

I just hope they don't screw it up. I was REALLY looking forward to Shadow Man 2 of the PS2. I loved the DC version. It was one of the few PS2 games I bought the day it hit the shelf. Unfortunately it paled in comparison to the original.

Like Devil May Cry 2.

The massive aspect of Omikron needs to remain, as well as the engrossing storyline. Every time I play that game I find something new I haven't seen before. The FPS aspect definitely needs fixed.

Here's the email address: :D

quantic@quanticdream.com

Question for the xbox 360 folks:

can you hook up a keyboard and mouse to the 360, and can you configure the FPS's to work off of it? I HATE playing FPS's with a controller, I have to have my keyboard and mouse. If its possible, then I just might have to pick up a 360.

can you hook up a keyboard and mouse to the 360, and can you configure the FPS's to work off of it? I HATE playing FPS's with a controller, I have to have my keyboard and mouse. If its possible, then I just might have to pick up a 360.

a controller is easier to use in a fps game especially for a console ..i dont know why would somebody want to hook up a large bulky keyboard and mouse to their 360 to me it just sound kinda useless. if you want to use a keyboard play on a computer , my brother is like this as well , everytime we have xbox live tournaments he gets laughed out of the room

Nope. MS is really against that whole idea for some reason. Good news though. A new controller is being developed by MS that sounds like instead of a right thumbstick, it's a trackball. I have been saying for 3 years now that somebody should make something like that, it's a no-brainer.

I rented DOA 4 this weekend. It was fun but I think I'll wait until the first price cut before I add it to my arsenal. 60 bucks seems a bit much for it (especially after paying BlockBuster $8.25 to rent it...WOW!!) Fun game but didn't seem to terribly different from part 3 if you ask me. I think I would need to get XBOX live also to completely enjoy it but then again if it's like I hear a guy like me would probably get whooped in seconds on line.

I did notice Ridge Racer 6 is 20 bucks at Best Buy, that may be worth the gamble??

You actually can hook up most standard USB keyboards, but can only use it on the dashboard, and I think you can use in somehow in the Final Fantasy game.

Well yeah. FF is a MMORPG, communication is the most important part of that game, trust me.

Aww man, that sucks, looks like I won't be getting a 360 then. Well until I get to test out the trackball controller they're coming out with.

As for lugging the keyboard and mouse for a console, it was night and day for me playing Halo 2 on an xbox and using the SmartJoy Frag. I gotta have my mouse and keyboard for FPS's, its just how I am.

I wonder if modding a SmartJoy to usb would work for the 360... as I'd love to play Quake 4 on it, as well as Far Cry.