IGNORED

JagCF Speed Specifications

MegaData

I have read it and if you bother to read what I said you would understand, let me put more simply for you:

THE LARGEST PART OF THE JAG COMMUNITY ARE NOT GOING TO EVEN CONSIDER THE CF BECAUSE OF THE PIRATING ISSUE.

If by the 'LARGEST PART OF THE JAG COMMUNITY' you mean two or three developers, then that statement would be true.

Can we please give this a rest already? :roll:

could you please read what we post (and not only read the piracy things that has been already debated in a closed thread ...)

I have read it and if you bother to read what I said you would understand, let me put more simply for you:

I wasn't talking to you, but to megadata.

THE LARGEST PART OF THE JAG COMMUNITY ARE NOT GOING TO EVEN CONSIDER THE CF BECAUSE OF THE PIRATING ISSUE.

Understand?

when true game will come out in jagcf format we will discuss about this again ...

(and reading the poll result I don't agree with you)

If by the 'LARGEST PART OF THE JAG COMMUNITY' you mean two or three developers, then that statement would be true.

Can we please give this a rest already? :roll:

How many people are members of JS2? Our non-spammed poll showed 100% against. :roll:

How many people are members of JS2? Our non-spammed poll showed 100% against. :roll:

I don't consider JS2 being the largest part of the jag community.

now proove that the original poll was spammed.

I could say that your poll was spammed by anti-CF guys.

Because the moderators know who voted! :ponder:

Just like we know how many new members joined just to vote in it! :P

There are no spammers in the Elite, that is why we are :D

Edited by mr.kizza

Everybody please stop flame and troll about that, thanks. Now we are working on, we will give some infos in few weeks.

GT Turbo (Jagware)

lol.... We just wanna know how fast the CF is so we know how fast we can load our warez on it... :D

Now let's see how many people actually take that statement seriously. :lol:

Edited by Shannon

Anyways, uploading programs through USB will be essentially used by developers.

The "normal" way of using the JagCF will be to copy the software you want to run on a Compact Flash using a PC (or your favorite machine) ; the speed is the one of your card reader. The JagCF's own transfer rate is not 100% known since the hardware is not final, but it'll be at least several megabytes/second, so speed isn't a real issue.

Its dead commercially is what I meant. They've stated that they'd try to work with developers to make it so new releases won't work on it, so hopefully both sides will come together and work together.

But because of the Pirating issues none of the Jag developers are willing to deal with them.

Wrong, some of them are speaking/working with them today.

could you please read what we post (and not only read the piracy things that has been already debated in a closed thread ...)

Understand?

Wrong. The largest part of the community is for the rom reading feature, as the 3 polls showed it.

I really don't have much luck understanding what Mr Kizza is trying to say, but it didn't sound like all developers were against it to me.

This is what Songbird had to say about it in the other thread:

"Just as flash carts and Alpine boards have been instrumental to my development process over the past 8 years, I can see some legitimate reasons why cart address space compatibility (i.e. the ability to load and play cart ROMs) is a useful feature for Jag CF.

Having said that, if someone wants to know my opinion, I'd prefer an option to have Songbird ROMs (and perhaps all "post-Atari" ROMs) locked out by default, with an option to unlock on a per-cart basis provided by the owner of the ROMs."

What developers are you talking about Mr. Kizza? Besides Gorf and the Songbird releases, there doesn't seem to have been any titles I'm aware of that could be considered games that have been released in years by other individuals. Battlesphere Gold is the last one I'm aware of.

Release the CF I say. Its good for gamers. As far as piracy goes, I dont see a problem. As mentioned before there will not be a huge amount of future games released. Its mainly going appeal to fans who want to try out demo code and simple programs.

Piracy is not an issue. As we all know that jag fans want to own original copies of the games anyway. Those who want to play available roms will most likely own the original game.

I think people need to calm down and have some fun. After all its an extinct system. Just play it.

• Like 1

Did we see Telegames publish games after the Jaguar was no longer a commercial system? Did we see the release of BattleSphere and BattleSphere Gold? When did Gorf come out again? Doesn't Songbird publish "extinct" games? Have we not seen Sinister Developments from the Underground? Have we not seen prototypes of games that could be released? Did anyone say NOT to release the JagCF? People have cautioned not to allow playable ROMs. It's a simple legal fix that will please the entire community. If the makers cannot do this, then they promote piracy. They create pirates.

I didn't get any responses from people telling me how to configure my system properly. I'm supposed to be able to load Native in 5 seconds, right? I must be missing something. :D

People have cautioned not to allow playable ROMs. It's a simple legal fix that will please the entire community. If the makers cannot do this, then they promote piracy. They create pirates.
You already managed to get the other topic closed. There's no need to go on with this, you've voiced your opinion loudly enough.

I didn't get any responses from people telling me how to configure my system properly. I'm supposed to be able to load Native in 5 seconds, right? I must be missing something. :D

This is not JagCF related, open a new topic if you want to discuss it. And personally, I've never seen anyone transfer Native in 5 seconds with BJL.

"Have we not seen Sinister Developments from the Underground? Have we not seen prototypes of games that could be released? Did anyone say NOT to release the JagCF? People have cautioned not to allow playable ROMs. It's a simple legal fix that will please the entire community. If the makers cannot do this, then they promote piracy. They create pirates."

What is Sinister Developments from the Underground? The people that did Native? Doesn't sound like a game that has interested the Jaguar community since theres been hardly any conversation about it, or something with any chance of ever being released. And it doesn't please the community not to allow it to play roms it appears, beyond a certain vocal few that think its wrong to preserve games for a dead game system that has been abandoned by virtually everyone including the original copyright holders who could care less what we do with it. Whats left is for the few fans of the system to enjoy it, and this device does nothing but support that goal (80% of AtariAge agrees it appears judging by the poll in the other thread).

Telegames is no longer in the business of developing and publishing Jaguar titles and hasn't been for years. BattleSphere was released years ago (And I'd argue is the one and only title of significance the Jaguar has seen coded since it died commercially that was released on cartridge, everything else has been finishing what was started by developers except for maybe Protector, which I think a lot of work was done by Songbird from what I've read over the years. And what prototypes of games that could be released? And from how I interpret Songbird's statement, he supports this device if it locks out certain roms, and it sounds like that is possible. And I challenge you to even find roms of post Atari releases, you have to look pretty hard and most users aren't going to spend hours searching just to play something like Total Carnage free without paying for it. Assuming they do lock out certain titles, it appears the developer/publisher that has done the most of the system since Telegames stopped would support it (Though I obviousily can't speak for him, thats just how I interpreted his post that I quoted above).

Even if someone surprises the Jaguar community and actually releases something beyond plans to possibly develop a game, or basic tech demos, this device shouldn't hurt that games chances. Programmable multicarts for the Atari 2600, Atari 5200, Atari 7800, Colecovision, etc., have not hurt those communities one bit. if anything they've helped developers by opening up the opportunity to have people test unfinished copies of their titles on real systems and create excitement over those games. I bet quite a few people have purchased titles like Beef Drop after trying out demos of it on their CCII, I know I will be as soon as I can afford it.

Nothing wrong with letting people play long forgotten titles like Hover Strike and Power Drive Rally. The developers have long since forgotten about those games, its no worse than people playing titles like Combat on their Cuttle Cart II's, I think Atari has even allowed AtariAge to keep those roms up despite working pretty closely with this site.

Edited by Atariboy

Excuse me? How did I get the other topic closed? That's a very odd viewpoint. I suppose I'm "trolling for facts" now?

Sinister Developments created Painter. With all the titles I've mentioned spanning into 2006, knowing that it takes years to program a game on the Jaguar, you're going to honestly tell me the system is dead? Logic is lost on some people.

Alpine can transfer Native in around 5 seconds. How is this not releated to the JagCF when mine is doing a bit over 55 seconds? There is no evidence of transfer rates being stable with the JagCF at this time. It's a fair comparison. The CatNap cable can't even transfer as fast as current BJL. The features given to us so far are inferior to the standards we have already.

It is ILLEGAL to make BACKUPS of your CONSOLE games! You need to prove a backup is necessary. There is no known country it is legal to play pirate ROMs.

If Songbird "can see some legitimate reasons why cart address space compatibility (i.e. the ability to load and play cart ROMs) is a useful feature for Jag CF," then where is this legitimate reason? It seems like a simple fix to remap for legal reasons, as a pirate deterrent, still being able to develop and play programs.