IGNORED

The REAL natural habitat

Gunstar

Hi, took a while until I was able to shot pictures of my workspace.

Excuse the poor quality but I took the photos with the camera of my mobile phone.

O.K. Here is what you can see. Left hand side there is my TT running "beams" on a tiny tft. Next to it and in front of my modified ATARI XL :D is my ct60 equipped falcon running "Derealization". Below you can see the tower case of my second Falcon with graphics card, Eiffel interface card and external keyboard/mouse. The screen of it is showing "ATARIAge" with Highwire and 1280x1024.

Regards,

patjomki

post-11064-1174223338_thumb.jpgpost-11064-1174224017_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the pics, but this is for Atari 8-BIT computers, not the ST/TT/Falcon, that's the next forum down. This thread is for people showing 8-bit computers, there is a similiar thread in the ST section for you.

Thanks for the pics, but this is for Atari 8-BIT computers, not the ST/TT/Falcon, that's the next forum down. This thread is for people showing 8-bit computers, there is a similiar thread in the ST section for you.

Hi Gunstar!

Your eyes are getting older, don't they? :cool:

But just in case you didn't recognize my XL I took another photo of it. The XL is sitting in a modified old Tandon case with some extensions like IDE hard disk, STEREO upgrade, RAM upgrade, seriell and parallel ports.

BTW, the ATARI XL was my first computer. :love:

Regards,

patjomki

post-11064-1174228354_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

OK... I finally got my system(s) somewhat setup at the new house and took pix. Here's the setup and a legend! (enlarge pic to see legend #'s.)

post-8623-1178673796_thumb.jpg

==============================

= Atari Side (Monster 8 sys) =

==============================

1. Amdek Color I Plus monitor

2. Power Distribution (Atari side)

3. Atari 800xl Warp+OS Rambo 256k (under the cover)

4. ICD MIO (original)(1 Mb version)

5. Seagate ST 251 Hard Disk system -> MIO

6. US Doubler 1050 (D2:)

7. Indus GT (D3:)

8. RS-232 Switch (??)

9. XF-551 3.5" Drive (D1:)

10. Happy 1050 (D4:)

=============================

= PC Side =

11. PRO-SYS Happy 1050 (D3:)

12. PRO-SYS US Doubler 1050 (D2:)

13. PRO-SYS Atari 1050 (D1:)

14. Samsung SyncMaster 955DF Monitor on both PC's

(Shown running APE and the Boot Factory 2k+ BBS

in upper right corner of screen)

15. Pentium 4 PC - the APEbox which runs APE and

the BBS on the a800win emulator. The Monster 8

system is connected to this PC via SIO2PC cable.

16. Pentium 4 PC - the PRO-SYS box. The 3 PRO-SYS

floppies are connected here via PRO-SYS cable.

17. My JBL Sub-Woofer - the JAMZ are connected here.

Notice you don't see many cordz!!! Here's why...

a 6" cable tray mounted below the table top to hold cords, power strips, network, switches and even an 850!!

post-8623-1178674000_thumb.jpg

Future plans...

I want to make some type of monitor switch box so I can run a second A 8-bit system in the middle blank area and only use the one monitor... anyone seen any plans for that??

OK... I finally got my system(s) somewhat setup at the new house and took pix. Here's the setup and a legend! (enlarge pic to see legend #'s.)

Nice setup although the monitor looks very old fashioned. :)

And the idea for the cable tray is brilliant, btw.

Regards,

patjomki

Nice setup although the monitor looks very old fashioned. :)

And the idea for the cable tray is brilliant, btw.

Regards,

patjomki

The monitor (Amdek COlor 1 plus) is the same age as the atari 8 bit equipment - vintage!!! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Here's my temporary setup while my office is undergoing remodeling.

Stock 800XL w/ stock 1050 and US Doubler 1050 connected to a P4 WinTel machine running APE for XP and a ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon video card which allows me to use Television or Composite-In signals.

post-7882-1181336533_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I posted photos earlier in the thread from February 2007... I recently moved and was able to take over my roommates basement and actually get a lot more stuff set up... I also sold the Commodore items so I am now strictly Atari 8-bit (with some 64 bit Jaggie goodness in my bedroom)

Photos can be found here

The Atari Basement

BTW these are my facebook photos and if you have facebook and want to friend me feel free... Just send me a note so I know who it is :)

Hi Gunstar!

Your eyes are getting older, don't they? :cool:

But just in case you didn't recognize my XL I took another photo of it. The XL is sitting in a modified old Tandon case with some extensions like IDE hard disk, STEREO upgrade, RAM upgrade, seriell and parallel ports.

BTW, the ATARI XL was my first computer. :love:

Regards,

patjomki

post-11064-1174228354_thumb.jpg

Whoaaah.. I mustve missed that one when you posted it.. Thats an AWESOME case.. That looks like a "double high" version of the XETEC FASTRACK case.. What model machine did that come from?

I want that for my black box!

I use a simple 130XE with SIO2SD, a quiet place to work.

post-6191-1220470254_thumb.jpg

Nice screen (and hardwood floors)! The Atari look sgreat on that. Does it handle the interlacing correctly? I use a scan convertor to run my Atari into a VGA monitor, and it has really bad "comb" effects on all horizontal motion. One advanage however, is it combines frames (with every other line dropped by one pixel) so I get no flicker on the interlaced graphics modes.

Stephen Anderson

Whoaaah.. I mustve missed that one when you posted it.. Thats an AWESOME case.. That looks like a "double high" version of the XETEC FASTRACK case.. What model machine did that come from?

I want that for my black box!

It's an old case of a TANDON PC. It is from those days when XT/AT-PCs were sold. I ripped off the unuseful PC board and put an 800XL board into it so the case was of use again. :)

If you like I will post an inside view of the case.

Regards,

patjomki

• 11 months later...

post-8775-1250139919_thumb.jpg

This is what I consider to be a "minimalistic" 130xe setup..

Haha. Yeah right... What would this have cost in 1989?

Anywayze.. The XE has stereo pokeys, 320k, ST f1-f4 keys (function as 1200XL function keys), internal SIO2PC, and various other tweaks.. The MIO is a 1meg model and the drive is an original seagate 20megger.

Edit: and before anyone asks... No, none of the XFs are for sale..I actually own 2 more, but you can only hook up a max of 8 at once.

Edited by MEtalGuy66

post-8775-1250139919_thumb.jpg

This is what I consider to be a "minimalistic" 130xe setup..

I love the function keys - a nice touch.

post-21964-1250188695_thumb.jpg

This is my little corner: space is at a premium, hence the one-fits-all monitor. I have 2 x 130XEs and 2 STs - sadly not room to line them all up at once. The PC runs Vista and OS X and I can switch between the ST, XE and PC with the remote. It's great! :) Apologies for the poor phone camera photo: both my cameras have flat batteries.

Edited by flashjazzcat