IGNORED

D-DBUG #195 is out!

ggn

Jens, there is a reason why I asked if anyone tried the games from the 7 days on the TT, especially mine. It's because I actually have some TT setup code in there, I just don't know if it's effective or not :)

Well, the only TT that is usable atm is the one staying at my parents home.

Attached to a TT hirez monitor which is not the ideal monitor for gaming.

And the Commodore 1084 just has a cable for ST use.

Add that I'm no gamer, have not much time when I'm at home, am not much at home, have no Ataris apart from a stock Falcon at my girlfriends place, and you can see why I did not try them up to now.

Jens, there is a reason why I asked if anyone tried the games from the 7 days on the TT, especially mine. It's because I actually have some TT setup code in there, I just don't know if it's effective or not :)

Well, the only TT that is usable atm is the one staying at my parents home.

Attached to a TT hirez monitor which is not the ideal monitor for gaming.

And the Commodore 1084 just has a cable for ST use.

Add that I'm no gamer, have not much time when I'm at home, am not much at home, have no Ataris apart from a stock Falcon at my girlfriends place, and you can see why I did not try them up to now.

These are all valid points ;)

Anyone else with a TT could try some stuff?

Just so you know...

Star Wars is now running in Steem using our Falcon030 shell... its still not working properly on the Falcon though (The title screen with the menu appears, then it all dies...) but it IS being looked at further.

No promises for it being in the next batch of titles we release. It is quite likely going to be one of those irritating to fix titles.

CJ/D-Bug

Star Wars update...

I have fixed the TOS problems, it now runs everywhere... even on Falcon TOS 4.x

However, dont start rejoicing yet! It still has problems... specifically.

1) Due to HDDRIVERs _insane_ use of buffering, and the inability to disable said feature, and the virtually impossible task of getting an answer out of Uwe because "he's right, and everyone else is wrong".... it currently doensnt run with HDDRIVER installed. We are considering dropping support/testing for HDDRIVER due to the buffer problem/bug and switching over to ICD, which apart from allowing zero buffers, is also way way easier to load (and doesnt lie to you about CD-Rom support)

2) It crashes when you get a hiscore.

So... progress, of a sort.

BTW - it FREAKING SCREAMS at 16Mhz :-)

Star Wars update...

I have fixed the TOS problems, it now runs everywhere... even on Falcon TOS 4.x

However, dont start rejoicing yet! It still has problems... specifically.

1) Due to HDDRIVERs _insane_ use of buffering, and the inability to disable said feature, and the virtually impossible task of getting an answer out of Uwe because "he's right, and everyone else is wrong".... it currently doensnt run with HDDRIVER installed. We are considering dropping support/testing for HDDRIVER due to the buffer problem/bug and switching over to ICD, which apart from allowing zero buffers, is also way way easier to load (and doesnt lie to you about CD-Rom support)

2) It crashes when you get a hiscore.

So... progress, of a sort.

BTW - it FREAKING SCREAMS at 16Mhz :-)

Even if I can't try it on the real thing (my mega has HDDRIVER, I think).. Plus my keyboard is dead!

can you post it? Please!?

I'd love to try it under steem!!!

-Rick

Hi,

I'll work on it a bit more and see where it goes before releasing it. I've also discovered that the trench sequence is empty - which is verry odd!

The walls are there, the exhaust port is there (so you can complete it) - but there are no walkways or fireballs in it... hrmmmm

Anyway, like I said, it needs a bit more work.

CJ.