IGNORED

Mystery Parker Brothers Cart!

FujiSkunk

Okay, time's up!

Thanks to everyone who participated and made this a fun little experiment. In case it wasn't clear before, I'd like to say I did not know originally what the game was. I just kept it next to my computer, wondering along with the rest of you what game was actually hidden inside.

But, this morning was the moment of truth. I plugged the game in, and surprise surprise, lo and behold, the game is...

FROGGER!

I can hear the gasps of astonishment even from here. :D

Congratulations to Lost Monkey and Seob for guessing correctly!

And, selected randomly from the list above, the winner is...

Lost Monkey!

A PM has been sent to the lucky winner on how to collect the prize.

Thanks again! If I ever come across another labelless Frogger... I mean, another Mystery Parker Brothers Cartridge, we just might have to do this once more. :)

It's ALWAYS frogger !

There's at least one guy around here who has advanced the theory that any PB game that looses a label automatically transforms into Frogger. He may be on to something. Following that logic, I guess that would that make any non-Frogger Parker Bros cart a tadpole.

It's ALWAYS frogger !

There's at least one guy around here who has advanced the theory that any PB game that looses a label automatically transforms into Frogger. He may be on to something. Following that logic, I guess that would that make any non-Frogger Parker Bros cart a tadpole.

it aint always Frogger...mine PB missin a label is Tutankham. i guess its a fluke of nature

You can check that very easily. Just take a few Parker carts (e.g. James Bond or Q*Bert's Cubes), peel of the lable and plug it in. :)

There's at least one guy around here who has advanced the theory that any PB game that looses* a label automatically transforms into Frogger. He may be on to something. Following that logic, I guess that would that* make any non-Frogger Parker Bros cart a tadpole.

You can check that very easily. Just take a few Parker carts (e.g. James Bond or Q*Bert's Cubes), peel of the lable and plug it in. :)

I've got James Bond, Frogger II, and Mr. Do!'s Castle. No Q*bert's Qubes though. I'll let you know how it goes. ;)

*How embarrassing. :dunce:

It's ALWAYS frogger !

it aint always Frogger...mine PB missin a label is Tutankham. i guess its a fluke of nature

An unlabeled PB cart that hasn't yet been plugged into a console is in a superposition of games. The game on the cart is in a probability density cloud that mostly consists of Frogger, but this is also entangled with Montezuma's Revenge, Tutenkham, and others but with smaller densities. Once the cart is plugged into the console, the Schrödinger wave equation describing the cloud then collapses into a single game.

That's right, it was Schrödinger's Cart.

Thanks again! If I ever come across another labelless Frogger... I mean, another Mystery Parker Brothers Cartridge, we just might have to do this once more. :)

I've got one - Untested.

I just assumed it was a shitty game (well not shitty, just one I already owned) and at the time I didn't have a working 2600, I'll dig it out.

Why guess that it's a Frogger cartridge? I've got something like three or four of them already, at least two without labels. I don't need another one. But I don't have Frogger II, so if by a million-to-one chance it was something other than Frogger, I'd rather get my guess in for something more interesting.

Why guess that it's a Frogger cartridge? I've got something like three or four of them already, at least two without labels. I don't need another one. But I don't have Frogger II, so if by a million-to-one chance it was something other than Frogger, I'd rather get my guess in for something more interesting.

I had a naked Frogger 2 at one time. I bought it like that though, it was not a suprise but there out there man :)

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Last year, I picked up a PB mystery cart. Plugged it in and it was Gyruss. I also picked up a naked Activision cart (turned out to be Laser Blast, ugh.) Because of the awesome PB find, I never pass up mystery carts. If it turns out to be a dupe, I throw it in my Ebay collection. :)

• 10 months later...
Wait what the? April 07? O_o

This was on the latest threads window at the bottom of the page, so i guess i didnt think to look at the date.

Go back and read what it says in the title bar above those 5 topics at the bottom of the page again; it isn't "latest threads"; it's "Similar Topics". The forum software just does a simple word match on the title of the topic you're reading and picks 5 topics with some of the same words in their titles. Sometimes it happens to grab really old topics (read the "Last Action" column at the far right before clicking on those topics to see if they're stale.)

Edited by A.J. Franzman

Ah, I can't help it. I have to relate this story to y'all.

When I got back into the system about a year ago I ended up with a labelless PB cart. I was hoping it was Frogger or Qbert as the only 2 PB carts I had were Poyeye & Strawberry Shortcake. It ended up being...

Strawberry Shortcake-Musical Matchups

LOL

Peace