IGNORED

Question - FB2 Portable?

Not yet. I notice that Sega/Tectoy have a portable out. Perhaps the success of a Sega handheld will motivate Atari to make the Flashback portable?

post-12382-1220174175_thumb.jpg

We can only hope that they will see the market value of a portable gaming device. Curt Vendel had a great conceptual handheld device, but as I understand, Atari was unwilling to finance the project. Does anyone want to further comment on this thread? Mr. Vendel?

• 3 months later...
You know, the success of Curts USB joystick might lead to an non-Atari Flashback portable. Question is, what should it be called? Atari own the Flashback trademark.

I brought this up in one of the joystick threads. Hopefully the revenue created by the selling of these USB sticks would prove profitable enough for Curt to sell his "Portable Flashback" creation. I'd seriously hope Atari would reconsider or view the portable flashback as an additional money maker for them, and would have Curt's backing. I remember when talks on this new FB was in full swing I really enjoyed seeing Curt's sneak peek design. Hopefully someday it will see the light of day and be in all of our wanting hands.

Does anybody know the phone number of those Famiclone knockoff makers in Asia? They can probably make a FB2 faster than Atari could pronounce "Flashback". Sure, it wouldn't be legal, but at this point, who cares?

I'd care. Sure, I own a few of those "Power Player Super Joy" joystick things with the so called 75000 NES games in them, but I'd be much happier with my purchase had it been legitimately made by Nintendo themselves. I'm sure the build quality would be quite a bit better also. The last thing a few of us on here would wanna do is complain endlessly on the glitches that would come along with being made with NES on a chip format. And another thing, do you wanna sift through titles like "Pack Man", "Pitfalled", and "Zevious". Sure, its kinda fun to have these things but at the same time I don't see them in the same eye as I do an actual console.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...