IGNORED

WOW LOOK

MattyXB

I believe the Quadrun is a fake and has been hacked. This guy has never sold before it's just too coincedental that yet another Quadrun is out after we just had 3 real ones. Quadruns just don't come out that fast. Now he has no picture in the item. Be Careful with this one.

Also in the description location he puts Go Phillies very similar to what he did under Sun14 (Go Reds). Also in the description the seller is say he is selling all his games and is doesnt want to play them anymore, yet Quadrun is the only game he is selling. Why not Combat, Yars Revenge, Some rare ones, Some Common Ones. Also no picture to boot. Can't come up with an original? Most sellers with something so valuable would take at least one picture to help with condition.

Just one auction makes me suspicious when he says he's selling all. The kicker is the glasses! Something has changed with the ID so very recently.

Not wanting to get anyone in trouble that may be on the level, but has anyone checked out the auctions by cubanito321? He may be legit, but he's offering a Crazy Climber and several "prototypes". No pictures.

cubanito321's auctions

I don't want to get anyone in trouble who's honest, but with all the Ebay madness that's been going on lately, seems like it pays to be careful. I hope he's honest and I'm wrong for being suspicious.

P.S. Sure is nice to know that the gaming community pulls together so well to look out for its own!

i've seen him bidding on many items in the last weeks ... and he hasn't payed for john's auction, i was allready previously asked about him.

now for the "prototypes" he's selling, they surely not come from atari, wheter his brother worked there or not. i can hardly imagine how bitcorp protos would resurface at atarilabs.

i asked him to send me pics, i am curious ....

Ok, I phoned John Stenson this morning and got HIS answering machine, so at least the hacker didn't change the phone number. I explained I am a bidder on his auction, and that there has been a series of hacked pws selling rare Atari games. I asked him to call me or contact me by email. I will keep you all posted with this. I should find out no later than this evening, so let's keep our fingers crossed.

Phil

The main reason that I say I think that Quadrun is legit is due to the reserve. Someone who is just trying to get what he can since he is giving nothing in return wouldn't set a reserve. This auction just looks like some lazy ass didn't feel like putting any time or effort into preparing the auction and set a reserve so he didn't get screwed out of his game.

In a previous known-bogus auction by this guy that was cancelled by eBay just days ago, he used "Go Reds" as his location. Do you think it's coincidence that this new person changed their eBay account, put Quadrun up, both in the same day, and happens to use "Go Phillies" for his location? Also, he knows that we have identified the BIN as part of his MO and is simply adding some variety here by setting a reserve. I could be wrong and will apologize if I am. I don't think we should jump at every Quadrun auction either, but this is WAY too coincidental for me to buy.

xyzzy

Well as far as the shades Icon, here is the info that might have been changed:

quote:

User ID History for transformer_addict

User ID History Effective Date End Date

cartking
from Feb 24, 1999 to Aug 28, 1999

gamesaddict
from Aug 28, 1999 to Apr 11, 2002

transformer_addict
from Apr 11, 2002 to Present

*** - Parts of prior User IDs that are email addresses are concealed

to protect member privacy.

as far as Go Phillies, the baseball season just started so that could be the reason for that. But I think everyone should check out the seller before bidding on an auction, especially if it is something that you will pay hundreds of dollars for.

Go DODGERS!!!

From his e-mail response to my inquiry as to what other games he has. For a guy who just doesn't play his games anymore, he sure does happened to have a lot of collectibles.

Hi,

I have Waterworld, Crazy Climber, Q*berts Qubes, Halloween, Texas

Chainsaw Massacre, etc

HEY Guys,

first of all, i want to thank you all for getting bug90 out of here! even though he keeps popping up! you all did a great job!

on this other Quadrun auction, how do you know if it WAS in fact John Stenson that answered the phone?? other then the fact he said hello, John speaking... an his/or ryan's answering machine had that name on it... i mean anyone can do that right??

another thing that bothers me is that he states that he's seen 2 auctions in a year or so... well there's been 4 in the last few days but only 2 were real ones!!! so he could be telling the truth there!! if he reads this board.. or if he's ryan...

BTW: there IS a good chance that Ryan is watching this thread!! someone did send it to him and he did use a lot of pictures from this site.... so if you are planning something it would be best to just do it then post what you find out... and if you are reading this Ryan, **** YOU!!!

Take Care, and keep up the good work guys!!

Rick

Well, I guess you can say that, but I personally own about 610 or so games for the 2600, including all those you listed, plus alot more rare ones including 11 prototypes. I think many of the bigger collectors probably have most of the games, so it's not uncommon for a big collector to part with his collection. I don't think I'd ever part with my collection.

Phil

Ok, you posted the same time as I did. To your response, the phone number is in PA. I got the answering machine saying this is John Stenson and left a message to call me back. He called me back, so he definitely got my message. If you don't believe him, just avoid bidding, but this one I think most of us feel safe about.

Phil

don't worry i'm passing on it!!

to answer your reply, give me 24 hrs and i can have an answering machine that says my name in CA. even though i live in WA. (i know a lot people there in CA)

the person that called you did he call FROM that phone number? or from a different one? (you have caller id?)

Take Care,

Rick

Rick Weis said : BTW: there IS a good chance that Ryan is watching this thread!! someone did send it to him and he did use a lot of pictures from this site....  

Of course that mutha****a Ryan read this thread: on page 3 of this thread in the middle of page 3 exactly, Philflound has posted an email he received from Ryan.

In that mail, Ryan bastard states clearly that HE reads this board and if you're a little clever you have all noticed that he made his auctions available with stealed pictures from here BEFORE all that WOW LOOK thread started.

He could even be an ancient (who don't post a lot ) member of AtariAge.... Al & Al could maybe tell it or deduct it.

I use to remember when I first discover AtariAge early this year, that I've read for some days the threads and then decided to subscribe to be part of it.

But my intentions were pure and I don't sell a lot on eBay, I'm just a stupid customer

But maybe this Ryan of a b***h, whose intentions were only to steal Atari fan's money, has never subscribed here and is only reading the posts (and even laugh at mine currently.....F**K You Ryan, if you read this, may your tiny balls rost in hell !)

Due to Ryan's abuse of the poorly managed ebay system. Without ebay he would have to stick to robbing old ladies mailboxes and leave the rest of us alone.

A murder can't shoot somebody if you don't let him buy a gun. The gun's not evil, but it can be bent to evil purpose.

I hate ebay pretty much because of what it turns people into. It can really bring out the worst in people. Which is why we've got the situation here. Ebay has given Ryan the opportunity to exploit people's ignorance and trust to his own devious ends. Worse yet, thanks to ebay's lack of management, he can do it in a relatively consequence-free environment. I think ebay is more trouble than its worth.

Ok, Haven't seen anyone mention Cubanito321 in awhile. So far this person has not emailed me any photos of his merchandise in 2 days. Is it me or has he changed the price of his fake prototypes? I thought they were all at $5.00 minimum, not $50.00. Maybe the stress from all this is getting to me.

Regardless, so far the only thing anyone has bid on is the vectrex game. That I can actually believe he owns, since he won a batch of vectrex games in one of the auctions.

Any news on Ryan and his whereabouts? Any news on anyone getting money refunded? I'd like to hear from everyone that was scammed.

Phil