IGNORED

XL/XE compatible Atari 800?

Tempest

I am *a-hem* forty-something, and obsolete, so me and my obsolete computer will sit in this corner and have fun :'D

:D Well, I'm forty-something, too. But I don't think I'm scheduled for obsoletion quite yet. Other than by my first wife. But I was twenty-something at the time, so I think it was just a compatibility issue.

Mine is up and running :)

Neuman on an 800 :)

:thumbsup: to candle for making this dream a reality.

on with the bug finding

That sounds sweet! I think I'm getting one of these when they are available and I don't even own an 800 anymore, but I'll get one again once I get this bad boy!

what can i say

all prototype boards were shipped out to their owners, so hopefully i'll get some feedback next week

Sebastian

This was very easy to install. :) . This is after I figured out how to loosen screws that have been set for 32 years. Cartridges and xex games are working--- CF card slot is working with Fat32 partition and I played a couple games. Time clock is running ok. OSb is working and shows 52k. The xl/xe OS system is reading all the configurable ram settings. xram see's them all ///after setting the Incognito option page. I don't have a PAL machine so I haven't been able to run NUMEN yet.. SDX445a is loading and working ok.. Going to be testing various things for the next few days.

Kuko's to candle for getting this done. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Very glad that I slipped into beta testing phase..

Last Word by fjc is very nice with larger memory for banking.

Typing on this Atari800 is incredible even better than my 1200xl. :) Video is great also it shows of most excellent with S-Video. Colors are nice and vibrant.

until Next time...

(...)

Typing on this Atari800 is incredible even better than my 1200xl. :)

(...)

...As it should / expected.

...From "25 GREATEST PCs of ALL TIME":

http://www.pcworld.c...f_all_time.html

...And there it is, in place #14, already in stratosphere.

This is the real McCoy... and Candle is just REWRITING HISTORY.

I don't have a PAL machine so I haven't been able to run NUMEN yet.. SDX445a is loading and working ok..

Agreed, it is a pretty simple install, easier than most RAM upgrades that I have done over the years.

I wonder if throwing a PAL Antic will work like it does in a 1200XL? maybe Neumen will work for you then?

The picture quality from an 800 is awesome,

I have struggled with SIDE loader, but hopefully an update for FDISK is around the corner, I did get Yoomp! running via a patch that Candle posted to access the SIDE Partition via an .xex file.

I am a noob with SDX, but agree, the date and time are running perfectly, I have copied a couple of files onto an SDX partition, but not got them to load yet (RTFM!!)

What else can I say? everything bar SIDE is working wonderfully, 800 only carts work in Colleen mode, XL stuff works in XL mode,RAM disk works.

Wonder what we can do with 4 joystick port XL mode? must try some multi-joy games.

I have spent so many hours over the last 2 or three nights playing around with this, it's like the old days. Exciting times.

For a Beta release, it is VERY polished

• Like 1

THE LAST WORD uses the HELP+number key to view the online help.

ok so I had to create a crib sheet for THE LAST WORD because I haven't been able to find the 'HELP' key on the Atari800 keyboard.

Tip Animation's that I have never seen except on Altirra(EMU] are fun on the Incognito board.

...hopefully an update for FDISK is around the corner...

Yes it is - to coincide with new new SDX drivers for SIDE and MyIDE, APT BIOS for KMK/JZ interface, and PBI ROM for Incognito and Ultimate 1MB. This despite total lack of feeback on beta version for IDE Plus. ;)

THE LAST WORD uses the HELP+number key to view the online help.

ok so I had to create a crib sheet for THE LAST WORD because I haven't been able to find the 'HELP' key on the Atari800 keyboard.

On recent versions, press <Ctrl+0> - works the same as the <Help> key. :)

LW help files are just text files, so you can view them with <Ctrl+J> or with <V> on the disk menu.

Mine is up and running :)

Neuman on an 800 :)

Pics!!! Video!! Youtube!!!

(or it didn't happen!!!) :) :)

Children , wife, celebrating cinqo di mayo last night, work, garden, hang over !!

Children , wife, celebrating cinqo di mayo last night, work, garden, hang over !!

translates to: lesiure, lesiure, even more lesiure, pure joy, lesiure, too much of lesiure after effects - in other words - grab that camera and take some pictures you bum ;)

Ok, you asked for it. My first attempt at you tube.

Taken on my HTC so quality is iffy,

showing boot from XL mode with Popeye cart in left slot.

Popeye cart will only boot in Colleen mode?

I have tried another couple of carts, Roklan Deluxe Invaders will work only in XL mode and Pac man does not work at all (need to check on another system!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AF5w-3WKFs&feature=youtu.be