IGNORED

Sorry, Wii are all sold out!

MegaManFan

I'm guessing there will be another shipment relatively shortly.

I think there will be continual shipments as fast as Nintendo can get them out the door from Washington. It'll probably depend more on when individual retail chains resupply stores, and the lag going from Nintendo to their warehouses and then from the warehouses out to the individual stores. Now if I just knew when all the local Best Buys, Circuit City's, and Targets got their shipments. :)

..Al

Some sites like cheapassgamer will notify you ahead of time about these things. That's how I was able to pick up an xbox 360. Read about shipments going out to walmart on a specific day. They also had something for Best Buy, even included a list of number of units to each store. But several other people beat me to that one.

I hear that the rayman game is a hoot and a great party game.

Waiting it out where?

New Orleans here. I meant that I was waiting until after the holidays to get the system. I have my games and that's all I need for now. I'm going to get the newer systems released after the holidays because I heard they will be DVD and CD compatible. These current ones are not. More for the money is the way to go.

You mean to tell me that you don't have several other methods of playing CD's and DVD's yet? I know what you mean when you say more for your money but I could care less if it played DVD/CD's I want to play Metal Slug 6 and Zelda man :) All I'm saying is it seems like a long time to wait for features you would probably seldom use :)

Wow, I just came from a Toys R' Us a few minutes ago, and they still had a bunch in stock. I decided against buying one, because the launch title line-up isn't too impressive. Red Steel isn't all that great from what I've heard, Excite Truck doesn't look like my kind of game, that 4 X 4 game might have been okay, and the Rayman title could be kinda interesting. None of the others really jumped out at me. Too bad FarCry and Metal Slug haven't been released yet. It would help fill out the Wii's meager launch selection. There's something like 4 or 5 launch titles based on kid's cartoons. Not a good sign.

Arrrgh! And you're in Texas, too.. I just want Rayman and Zelda right now. Oh, and a console.

..Al

Wow, another Rayman Raving Rabbids wanter. We're few and far between. I've never played a Rayman game before but those minigames look great. I camped and almost froze my nuts off for 9.5 hours in the Canadian winter, but I got one. Then the lady informs us there were only 5 different games. I was going to get Red Steel/COD 3 (unsure, probably Red Steel, I don't buy the crap about lacking controls. Can't be worse than dual analogs), Rayman, Excite Truck, Zelda. All I could get was Zelda and Excite Truck. That probably sounds nice to you, but damn it was upsetting when I had high hopes and a "frozen tush" as the pastor(!) waiting in line with us put it, he had to go right to Church after! Really nice people in the lineup, I was impressed. Assault charges were laid in the PS3 lineup and an angry drunken father threatened to bring a gun and kill everyone if his kid never got one.

Assault charges were laid in the PS3 lineup and an angry drunken father threatened to bring a gun and kill everyone if his kid never got one.

At least he wasn't planning on reselling it! :)

..Al

Did you ever get a Wii? They got 6 more in this morning here and also got in Rayman, Red Steel in other games. So I got my Rayman. :)

I'm waiting a bit but I do plan on getting the Wii. After talking to my wife, my sister in law and her boyfirend, we all came to the conclusion that this would be fun for the 4 of us.

It's nice to have Nintendo around for family fun. Wario ware may be the title we buy with the system on day one.

Anyone playing Rayman yet? Those bunnies look great! :)

Assault charges were laid in the PS3 lineup and an angry drunken father threatened to bring a gun and kill everyone if his kid never got one.

..Al

Did you ever get a Wii? They got 6 more in this morning here and also got in Rayman, Red Steel in other games. So I got my Rayman. :)

Uhrrr, no. :(

..Al

..Al

Uhrrr, no. :(

..Al

Damn, sorry. :(

If it's any consolation, I just put 45 minutes into Rayman and it's as good as the reviews say.

I agree that the launch array pretty much sucked. All the games I'm really interested in won't be out until 2007 or so... in particular Wario Ware and Metroid Prime 3.

Here's a couple pics of us enjoying the new system...

I'm jealous! Although theoretically I MIGHT be able to get one later today..

I agree that the launch array pretty much sucked. All the games I'm really interested in won't be out until 2007 or so... in particular Wario Ware and Metroid Prime 3.

Here's a couple pics of us enjoying the new system...

If you enjoy WarioWare, I would advise you take a look at Rayman Raving Rabbids. I got it and it's great, multiplayer isn't spectacular because generally you have to take turns instead of playing at once, but it actually has a pretty damn good single player mode. I've put about 4 hours into it so far. Maybe not something you'd spend $50 on, but it's just a thought.

Other than for Zelda, I really didn't want one anyway so it's no loss. Looks like I'll have to wait until after the new year to get one.

Tempest

That Zelda Twilight Princess is also available for GameCube so you don't need a Wii, just the GameCube version disk that I think is just the same graphics as the Wii version...

Rampage Total Destruction and Grim Adventures is out for the two systems but not the new Mario Galaxy game. Not sure what other games will be out for the two systems ?

I've been to a few different stores the last few days (Best Buy, Target, Wal-Mart, Frys, and Toys 'R' Us) and of course there have been no Wiis in stock (not that I expected there to be). Most were also completely out of all peripherals--just points cards and third-party accessories. And I've seen plenty of Wii games, although not too many copies of Zelda (perhaps I should have picked up a copy when I saw it..)

Toys 'R' Us is funny--they have full-size boxes of both the Wii and PS3 on the shelves, and of course they are empty. Stupid.

..Al

Most were also completely out of all peripherals--just points cards and third-party accessories.

Same here. Complete lack of peripherals. I soooo need a component cable. Even s-video would be huge step, how could Nintendo give you composite only?! I know their marketing data says nobody owns TVs worth more than $20, but even cheap ass TVs you buy at a grocery store have svideo these days. Grrr...

Toys 'R' Us is funny--they have full-size boxes of both the Wii and PS3 on the shelves, and of course they are empty. Stupid.

I really don't get why they're doing that. Unless they're trying to taunt their customers. :lol:

I've been to a few different stores the last few days (Best Buy, Target, Wal-Mart, Frys, and Toys 'R' Us) and of course there have been no Wiis in stock (not that I expected there to be). Most were also completely out of all peripherals--just points cards and third-party accessories. And I've seen plenty of Wii games, although not too many copies of Zelda (perhaps I should have picked up a copy when I saw it..)

..Al

I asked at a couple of places, and I'm getting the idea that almost nobody has gotten a second shipment in yet.

..Al

I asked at a couple of places, and I'm getting the idea that almost nobody has gotten a second shipment in yet.

Not too surprising considering it hasn't even been a week yet. I may try to locate one next week..

..Al

I went to Nintendo World in NYC today and there were tons of Wiis left in stock.

I didn't buy one, though; I'm only mildly interested. I wanted to see what the system and its games really look like but I was unconvinced by what I saw.

I really don't get this. I can't find one in Omaha to save my life but some people on AA are ending up with two or three of them. :?: :(

I went to Nintendo World in NYC today and there were tons of Wiis left in stock.

I didn't buy one, though; I'm only mildly interested. I wanted to see what the system and its games really look like but I was unconvinced by what I saw.

I really don't get this. I can't find one in Omaha to save my life but some people on AA are ending up with two or three of them. :?: :(

You won't find any in Austin, either. I'm not surprised that Nintendo World in New York City is being kept well-stocked with them.. It is a company store, after all. :)

..Al

You won't find any in Austin, either. I'm not surprised that Nintendo World in New York City is being kept well-stocked with them.. It is a company store, after all. :)

..Al

I wonder if I called them and bought it with a credit card I could get them to send me one. I'd happily pay the 8% New York sales tax + S&H.

..Al

I wonder if I called them and bought it with a credit card I could get them to send me one. I'd happily pay the 8% New York sales tax + S&H.

I wonder how many calls along those lines they've already received. :)

..Al