IGNORED

Krazy Pengwin's site

Pengwin

Hey I actually made it to chat but once again I was having problems with the chatroom and my thinking is that if you get rid of the "Latency Box" that is if you don't actually need it then the problems will be solved.

If not I may have to stop going to chat as it is almost impossible to type or enter any text, I have to use both the embedded and full screen versions of the chatroom at the same time.

Hey I actually made it to chat but once again I was having problems with the chatroom and my thinking is that if you get rid of the "Latency Box" that is if you don't actually need it then the problems will be solved.

If not I may have to stop going to chat as it is almost impossible to type or enter any text, I have to use both the embedded and full screen versions of the chatroom at the same time.

I'll have a look before next Wednesday. I may just replace the chat software with something else, this one seems to cause intermittent problems.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow! feels like I'm resurrecting the dead by posting in this thread. Oh well, c'est la vie.

I have made a few changes to my site, as I have detailed in my blog. Mainly, I have removed the Oric section to allow me to concentrate the site on Atari and Spectrum (also, I am hopefully moving house soon, so I am having a cull of my stuff).

I am also looking to start to produce an Atari magazine/newsletter. I would like this to be bi-monthly, with articles covering all aspects of the Atari scene. If anyone would like to contribute, please contact me with your ideas. I'm particularly interested in articles about programming in various languages and hardware fixes/modifications.

Hej Pengwin,

Good luck with your magazine, I hope you will find some contributors with their articles. I like the comparisons of Atari and C64 games on your Blog section. I am more and more intersted also in ZX Spectrum, so it's good to have such a site to begin with, thanks.

Hej Pengwin,

Good luck with your magazine, I hope you will find some contributors with their articles. I like the comparisons of Atari and C64 games on your Blog section. I am more and more intersted also in ZX Spectrum, so it's good to have such a site to begin with, thanks.

The Spectrum is a great machine. Especially when you consider the price of it when it came out. One of the best things about the Spectrum is that there is only one graphics mode, so mixing high resolution graphics with text is a snap, and you get to use 15 colours (8 really, although 7 of them can have 2 luminance's - bright black is still black :roll: ). The biggest problems with the Speccy were the keyboard, although I kinda like the rubber keys, and the colour clash. And then for m/l programmers was the problem of the screen mapping. But price/performance, you couldn't really beat it back then.

• 2 weeks later...

Good to see original covers of some utilities I used. Interesting to see Turbo BASIC XL and Atari Logo in you library, very nice. I will soon begin to collect things, I just have to take in order my room.

See ya soon, I go to CeBIT today. 1000 km with car... trip to remember :)

• 2 months later...

Another quick update to Krazy Pengwin's site.

I have removed the Reviews sections. I had only written one review and I don't really have the time to sit and do full in depth reviews of many games. So, in replace of that, I am doing some more personal game reviews in my blog. So far I have covered the Magic Knight series and Universal Hero. I shall also be adding the Archon review to the blog soon.

I may not be updating it much in the near future, as I have finally found a house to move to and will hopefully be moving in the next couple of weeks. This does not mean that the site is dead, it's just that I won't have a net connection for a while. As soon as I have re-established a connection, I will continue updating the site.

Thanks Gury, it's nice to know that people read it, although I would write them anyway because I enjoy looking into the old games, especially when I find one I hadn't played before (e.g. Universal Hero).

I've been looking at a number of Mastertronic titles recently, so expect to see some more entries about them, also Captain Crumble (Crumble's Crisis and Space Lobsters) has just gained my attention, so I may do something about him too.

And good luck with moving to new house.

Thanks, I'm going to need it. I've started packing stuff up, so I am working totally with emulators at the moment. Trouble is, I've just realised, I don't have enough boxes :(

I meant to say, I'm now also on a mission to finish the Finance Program (although it will probably be completed after the move) as I have some game ideas I want to explore. most of the games will hopefully be written for Atari, Spectrum, PC and Mac. I may also do ports for Oric as well.

Over 3,000 unique IP addresses have now accessed my site. :o Thanks to everyone who has visited. Seeing these numbers grow over the months has encouraged me to continue with the blog and project logs.

I hope you all have as much fun reading them as I do writing them.

Edited by Pengwin

Over 3,000 unique IP addresses have now accessed my site. :o Thanks to everyone who has visited. Seeing these numbers grow over the months has encouraged me to continue with the blog and project logs.

Yeah, your site is great and also well done in layout department. Blogs give even more positive impact to your whole site, especially reviewing games and comparing them with other platforms. I will link your review blogs to my site libraries, it also gave me an idea to expand data field layout in the future, including selection of links to reviews about particular games / programs.

Over 3,000 unique IP addresses have now accessed my site. :o Thanks to everyone who has visited.

Nice! Two thumbs up!

Seeing these numbers grow over the months has encouraged me to continue with the blog and project logs.

Yes, i like the way you tell the story in your blog, it's better than a review. You give your personal touch and point of view by compraing different version of the game with details, etc... very interesting and entertaining!

Keep up the good work!

Kroah

• 1 month later...

Time for a bit of necromancy...I'm going to resurrect this thread ;)

Just thought I'd mention that I have added a sub-site to the Krazy Pengwin site, this is to help promote and record the progress for a couple of projects I have on the go.

I haven't quite completed the sub-site yet, but I wanted to show it off anyway. any comments would be appreciated.

Oh...the link...The Tripods Project

What is your avatar anyway ?????

It's a tripods foot...one of the things I am also doing, as well as writing the games is modelling a Tripod for advertising on my web site, and probably for the manual, if I get around to writing on. So far, I have only done the legs and the underside of the body:

post-5184-1185384386_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Time for another update to my site. This one is not strictly Atari related, but I have added a themes option to allow visitors to view the site as either an Atari style site, or a Spectrum style site.

I will be adding other themes as time allows, including an Oric theme.

I have yet to implement the themes into the Lightbox gallery, but I hope to do that tomorrow.

Time for another update to my site. This one is not strictly Atari related, but I have added a themes option to allow visitors to view the site as either an Atari style site, or a Spectrum style site.

I will be adding other themes as time allows, including an Oric theme.

I have yet to implement the themes into the Lightbox gallery, but I hope to do that tomorrow.

Hi Pengwin.

Love your website but if it will be supporting multiple platforms you might want to change the title.

Also, when using the Spectrum style the title reads as, "KRAZY PENGWIN'S ATARI 8-BIT HOMEC", with the "C" alternating betwween normal and inverse video.

Hope to see you at Wednesday's chat!

- A8ISA1 (aka Steve)

Love your website but if it will be supporting multiple platforms you might want to change the title.

I thought about that, but it is still my Atari site, just with skins.

Also, when using the Spectrum style the title reads as, "KRAZY PENGWIN'S ATARI 8-BIT HOMEC", with the "C" alternating betwween normal and inverse video.

The flashing C is the Spectrums text cursor when in Caps Lock.

as with the main theme (Atari), I have tried to keep everything in keeping with the computer. This is why I chose the choice of orange for the selected page, but fo the Spectrum theme, I have showed the selected page by "setting the Bright flag to 1"

Also, when using the Spectrum style the title reads as, "KRAZY PENGWIN'S

Hope to see you at Wednesday's chat!

I haven't been able to make the last couple of chats, but I hope to be there this week.