IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

Do tell us how long it takes to arrive, and how it works for ya! It's certainly interesting.

Bought a very rough (and very cheap) 7800 and am currently mid-restoration. PCB seriously cleaned up as the shield was just rust and a lot of it was all over the board and had leeched into the joystick ports and switches. So swapped those from a broken 2600 junior. Swapped some switches around (select was iffy, swapped with pause that I won't use) I wouldn't mind replacing them but can't find any. Re-capped it while I was in there. Removed cleaned and replaced the cart slot. Just waiting for a UAV to land to drop in and I'll re-assemble.

post-49282-0-32799600-1505122295_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Do tell us how long it takes to arrive, and how it works for ya! It's certainly interesting.

I am really hoping I can do joystick emulation in general and trackball emulation for supported games with my Kensington Expert USB trackball mouse. Probably the best commercial trackball out there, although the buttons are a little more fragile than most.

A somewhat acceptable price paid for a 1200XL, power supply and 6' SIO cable. The 1200XL still has the protective cover over the metal keys.

Need to crack it open and fix the keyboard and see what OS and sockets are in there.

Should be fully socketed. I thought all 1200XLs were. Edited by adam242

Should be fully socketed. I thought all 1200XLs were.

They are, but some have 24 pin OS sockets while others have 28 pin.

I have only seen the 28-pin which makes for a simple upgrade to a single 16K XL OS ROM, when combined with an 800XL MMU it also allows internal BASIC in the other 28 pin OS socket.

There was a recent post which suggested extending the 24 pin sockets to 28 pin using pins from a female SIP header instead of completely replacing them.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/268421-nice-simple-1200xl-os-upgrade-using-channel-select-switch/?do=findComment&comment=3819312

The latest acquisitions I've gotten from eBay are Avalon Hill games Legionaire and Telengard, and 81256 dram chips. The driving controller pictured with the dram chips came from Amazon. Also two Atari touch-tablets not pictured below. A 1050 drive and in-line Rapid Fire adapter.

post-149-0-30733100-1505337006_thumb.jpg

post-149-0-97023200-1505337039_thumb.jpg

post-149-0-24742300-1505337069_thumb.jpg

post-149-0-50892100-1505337322.jpg

post-149-0-08365500-1505337337_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

I was looking for a topic with the title "What Atari related things did I NOT buy from eBay", but this will have to do. And I just couldn't let this go un-posted.

So this is what I stumbled across today that, for lack of better words, made me fall off my chair :-o

You can have an Atari 1040ST, SC1224 Monitor, 800xl, 810, Sf 354, Manuals, Accessories and Disks for the measly price of $4,249.99 which doesn't even include shipping (total price with shipping would be just under $4,650). Now granted besides what you see pictured it does come with all of the accessories (power cords, adapters, cables), as well as a collection of books and games, and some of the original boxes. But none of this appears to be NOS.

eBay Link

s-l1600.jpg

For comparison I found another collection on eBay being sold for $1000+$80 shipping that includes: an Atari 1040ST, SC1224 Monitor, Bundle of Games, and a 20 Meg SupraDrive listed as Tested (ebay link).

Only things missing are the SF354 and 810 drives, 800XL computer, and the books. But at nearly $3,600 less, this appears to be a much better deal. Besides most of the books and also the games can be downloaded from the internet anyway.

I wish the first seller luck, but I think he's in for a rude awakening and/or will be seeing a Best Offer significantly lower than the asking price.

EDIT: Maybe to some the included original games and books are worth it.

- Michael

Edited by mytekcontrols
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

A PAL-UK 800 with a supposedly bad POKEY and some cassette drives. Seller also had a mint in box 16K board in a huge varied lot (which I don‘t need but have never seen before as well).

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Finally decided to add an ATARI Flashback portable to the collection. It's the 2016 model in original box with everything included. Supposed to be delivered tomorrow...

...price was too good to pass up.

That's crazy. I just bought a flashback portable off of another site, it will be here tomorrow too. I don't know which one it is, but here is a picture. I paid $31 with shipping.

post-50483-0-27583900-1507322917.jpg

• Like 1

That's crazy. I just bought a flashback portable off of another site, it will be here tomorrow too. I don't know which one it is, but here is a picture. I paid $31 with shipping.

NICE!. That's the 2016 model also.

I got mine for $29.19 shipped - Still has the screen protector on it.

Not ebay but Dutch Marketplace website....

A month or two I came across a Tech-note about some ST info which contained a small note from Atari Benelux' Support Manager Wilfred Kilwinger.

I found Wilfred on Facebook and I sent him a scan of the docs. A few weeks later he replied and we had some nice chatting on messenger.

He promised to have a look if he still had more " techno tips" around and I think following that he seemed to have found quite some Atari items still left at his attic....at least he started putting some stuff on the marketplace website.

When I saw he offered some A8 chips I immediatly grabbed my chance and said I would buy them all......

Well, two already were sold but I got these......for a very nice price....and since Wilfred lives not so far away from me I was able to pick the stuff up and meet him for a short while,

I also got this (at first sight) rather worn-looking and uninteresting business card holder......but it has a nice Atari Corp. Logo embossed on the inside and Wilfred kindly left one of the business cards from BITD inside.....pretty cool IMHO.

post-25272-0-96794600-1507333664_thumb.jpg

post-25272-0-93495800-1507333678_thumb.jpg

post-25272-0-97179800-1507333690_thumb.jpg

Edited by Level42
  • Like 6

• 1 month later...

A recent purchase of mine I have yet to try out, I have to get power working on my 800XL at least, before this baby can help me out. That won't be for a while as I don't have the time right now. I bought it because it was a recent limited run of 5, and you never know when or if you'll get another chance.

System Check 2.2, for assisting in system diagnosis and alternate OS +512K ram, cartridge port, For PBI or ECI. It was about $65-$70 after the exchange rate.

post-149-0-58778800-1511712273_thumb.jpg

post-149-0-21965000-1511712291_thumb.jpg

post-149-0-26441300-1511712310_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hah....just struck me......no mobile phone number......no e-mail,address......but there IS a telex number :):)

Well, it's been two months already. Have you sent him a message yet? I've head that Telex is still used in the shipping industry, so get down to the nearest port, stat! :P

My latest purchases: Two M/M 15 PIN SVGA cables so I could finally use my Falcon with a LCD monitor. And a set of 1986 Antic issues from a very nice US seller.

• Like 1

I much prefer the posts about interesting first person purchases with fellow Atarians like Level42 and others post about... Sick and tired of hearing about ebay on my tv, radio, news feed , and now least of all Atari Age....it's never ending....

How about this thread dies and we make a latest Atari related purchases and encounters thread!

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1

I much prefer the posts about interesting first person purchases with fellow Atarians like Level42 and others post about... Sick and tired of hearing about ebay on my tv, radio, news feed , and now least of all Atari Age....it's never ending....

How about this thread dies and we make a latest Atari related purchases and encounters thread!

Okay, I but if I hadn't bought that lot of old Antic magazines from that random US seller, I wouldn't have known that he typed in all of the program listings (me too, at the time!), and I wouldn't have had the opportunity to tell him about Excel and Pro©. See? eBay still can help the 8-bit cause!