IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

1 hour ago, xrbrevin said:

Nice find Beeb! - also of note: no Mexico CPU ?

@xrbrevin  Thanks! :D  Showing my ignorance here but is a Mexico made CPU generally considered an inferior component from BITD? Were they prone to failure?

Ya'll have probably guess already but I really enjoy saving A8s from the tip and fixing them up. So to find the occasional gem fully working with really good components, socketed, etc after being languishing in a damp garage for decades is particularly rewarding. I've a soft spot for 800XLs as it was my first A8 as I've probably mentioned before. This one is gonna look great when cleaned up.:lust:

• Like 1

I only found out recently from dealing on a stubborn XE. Mexico CPUs can struggle to maintain a reliable O2 signal when they get hot. The lads playing with SIDE3 and Rapidus have become aware of it.

I decided to swap out the CPU to see if it would solve the XE issue but my donor XL had a Mexico one too! irony.. ?

I may try an F08 mod instead...

by doing what youre doing, you can end up with a 'best spec' XL. sounds like this one's a keeper, get it sunbrighted if/when the good weather comes!

Edited by xrbrevin

20 hours ago, Mark2008 said:

I went to e-bay and bought paddles.   Which frankly I would never have done back in the day, because what am I, a millionaire.

But in a fit of irrational exuberance, I decided, I can afford it, and I bought them.

Now if you peered into my e-bay history, would it just have paddles....oh ok,  no.  no....I also bought The Musical Atari Book - DataMost and Antic magazine august 1982 (Vol.1 Number 3).

In fairness, I have already read number 1 and number 2, so I'm ready for number 3.

Now, if you could peer into my reading history have I really read number 1 and number 2.  oh ok, no.  I skimmed them.

It's a small community, maybe even one of you sold me these items?  The nice person that sold me the book, said he hoped it completed my collection.

lol - I'm not collecting, I just wanted to read the book.

paddles.jpg

antic.jpg

musicbook.jpg

https://www.atarimagazines.com/index/anticissues.php You can read all here.

https://archive.org/details/antic-magazine complete with ads

Edited by edintv

23 hours ago, Jason Young said:

Last few items have been:

- Atari 1200XL (with UAV and Ultimate 1MB installed)

- Police Quest 1 (ST)

- Alternate Reality (ST)

Still looking for Police Quest 2 (ST) and Mapping the Atari book (XL/XE revision).

I think I have the Mapping the Atari book but not too sure if its the XL/XE revision

5 hours ago, rcamp48 said:

Also not Ebay, but I just received in the mail one external Fujinet 1.5, accidently ordered the wrong one, its for the NUC 576 + , does anyone want it or should I just send it back to the Brewing Academy?

If it's the "External" Fujinet, wouldn't that mean that it'll run on *Any* A8 using a SIO Cable???

3 minutes ago, AtariGeezer said:

If it's the "External" Fujinet, wouldn't that mean that it'll run on *Any* A8 using a SIO Cable???

I am not sure , I can try it and see... I just don't have an SIO cable or at least one that I can get at, I am in isolation for 1 more day maybe by Saturday morning I will be able to get one.....

Edit: I just got a cable, it works OK on real hardware.

Russ

I didn't think I'd be a collector of ephemera but it seems since getting back on the Atari scene I find myself obtaining some Atari related printed items of late.

This I couldn't resist when I saw it the other day given I was a big fan of Pole Position on the Atari as a kid.

It's an original 1984 poster and UK competition entry form with comic strips, and having spent near 4 x decades stowed away it is in mint condition but for the original fold marks.

Prizes are great - pity the competion closed in Early 1984 (wasn't even a teenager then!:P).

I wonder if anyone here on AA entered the competion and won a 600XL? :grin:

Each short comic strip story is fairly cool too. 

Question is how to display it without the Sun damaging it. :P

Atari Ad competition poster 1984 2.jpg

Atari Ad competition poster 1984 1.jpg

Edited by Beeblebrox
  • Like 4

520STFM Motherboard to fix a 1040STF, which ended up being a floppy controller that I also bought on ebay so now I have 1.5 working ST's, the 1040 is complete and the 520 is just the motherboard but it works!  If only I could find a case and keyboard.

15 hours ago, Beeblebrox said:

I wonder if anyone here on AA entered the competion and won a 600XL? :grin:

My youngest son who was fortunate to have all my Atari stuff to play on as a child, when

he was 17, he played some Sega driving game in our local bowling alley, the highest scores

throughout the country went to Birmingham for a "drive off" and he won, the prize a Seat Ibeza :)

I put it down to all the time he spent playing on my 8 bit and ST games

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, TGB1718 said:

My youngest son who was fortunate to have all my Atari stuff to play on as a child, when

he was 17, he played some Sega driving game in our local bowling alley, the highest scores

throughout the country went to Birmingham for a "drive off" and he won, the prize a Seat Ibeza :)

Seat Ibeza.  I had to Google that one.  Never heard of it.

Seat Ibiza première génération - Mondial de l'Automobile de Paris 2014 - 004.jpg

2 hours ago, TGB1718 said:

Like This one?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gilsaluki said:

That's a cool car.  It looks old school, like '80s.  I loved the squared off body styles.  Hated it when every car started looking like a bullet, smoothed rounded body panels.  This cannot be a new model.

Yes, is from the 80's, the brand is still going on.

• Like 1