IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

Local craigslist type service: a "Bounty Bob Strikes Back" and a "Gateway to Apshai" cartridge in a very mixed lot containing two C64 games (one with Amiga floppies on top), three common Intellivision carts, a VCS combat cart and something I believe to be a cart for a German variant of an Emerson Arcadia.

I figured even if I sold off the other stuff for peanuts, the Bounty Bob and Apshai would be a decent deal. Amazingly I didn't have a VCS Combat cart either. I might keep the Red Storm Rising as it seems to be CIB and has a really nice, thick manual plus keyboard overlay with tear-off part for C128 function keys. Lots of nice stuff we miss out on in the age of downloads and built-in manuals.

Konvolut an Retro Spielen, € 119,- (1210 Wien) - willhaben.pdf

I just picked this 800 up from Ebay.  I paid more than I would have liked but I was really after the goodies inside of it.  It came with an Axlon 128k RAMDisk card and a Newell Ramrod with OSN6, Omnimon 8K and a Fast Chip.  I figured out the functions for all the switches too. This must have been owned by a serious hacker.  The final surprise was the pre-sally CPU card with a 65C02.

Switch functions:
1) select U and L banks of Omnimon 8K
2) CPU reset
3) bypass cartridge door switch
4) write protect left cart slot. Must have been used with a RAM cart.

modded800.thumb.png.b1d9c13f1df8c1bd97302c5f176aef74.png800cards.thumb.png.1a21d4efa81b4ebe587fc94c5f0d5a24.png

• Like 9

On 10/13/2022 at 5:00 PM, tep392 said:

I just picked this 800 up from Ebay.  I paid more than I would have liked but I was really after the goodies inside of it.  It came with an Axlon 128k RAMDisk card and a Newell Ramrod with OSN6, Omnimon 8K and a Fast Chip.  I figured out the functions for all the switches too. This must have been owned by a serious hacker.  The final surprise was the pre-sally CPU card with a 65C02.

Switch functions:
1) select U and L banks of Omnimon 8K
2) CPU reset
3) bypass cartridge door switch
4) write protect left cart slot. Must have been used with a RAM cart.

modded800.thumb.png.b1d9c13f1df8c1bd97302c5f176aef74.png

Hate the placement of the switches (and three different types/washers used) but that Ramrod has a bad-ass look!

On 10/9/2022 at 11:45 AM, slx said:

Local craigslist type service: a "Bounty Bob Strikes Back" and a "Gateway to Apshai" cartridge in a very mixed lot containing two C64 games (one with Amiga floppies on top), three common Intellivision carts, a VCS combat cart and something I believe to be a cart for a German variant of an Emerson Arcadia.

Konvolut an Retro Spielen, € 119,- (1210 Wien) - willhaben.pdf 1.84 MB · 13 downloads

Just realised that he had offered both 8-bit carts for 5€ each before selling them off in a bundle the jewel of which to him seems to have been Red Storm Rising. Arghh...should have read my mail alerts more regularly for a real steal....

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2022 at 12:09 PM, Dinadan67 said:

A 600XL with VBXE and U1MB installed from the UK.

The machine arrived today, good packaged and with all needed cables, including the RGB Scart cable. It is a fully socketed Hong Kong 600XL, which is a pleasant surprise. I am very happy with my purchase.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I got 25 256k DRAMs today. Suffice to say, I'm very impressed with the packaging ! Like Fort Knox ! The DRAMS were an a antistatic case which was placed in antistatic pouch, in a way oversized box, stuffed to the brim with bubble wrap.

Digi-Key?

Well given it was payday I treated myself to this modern 800XL PCB remake - mainly prompted by the seller sending me an offer as i was watching the listing:

Atari 800XL C061851 REV D remake blue - PCB By ezContents

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185608937193?

EDIT: FYI I've just noticed there is one more available if anyone is interested. 

Picture 1 of 3  Picture 2 of 3  Picture 3 of 3

BTW thanks @kheller2 for the comments here the other day. Yup I checked and it is a 1.1 revision board so should be ok.

https://forums.atariage.com/topic/235219-legible-labeled-silkscreen-diagrams-for-800xl-and-600xl/?do=findComment&comment=5145904

As and when it arrives I am gonna slowly populate it with components from a stock 800XL with issues where I believe the issues are not component based but board and socket based.  (I'd spent way to much time trying to fix it). It's a bit of a side project.

It's a bonus the board is blue.

I also have a 64K SRAM Lotharek unit knocking about which will save me socketing and adding ram chips.

Edited by Beeblebrox

Another impulse buy after making some money selling other stuff. My very first (working) PAL XEGS.  I say working. I bought one the other month and try as I might I never got it working - so that is now for spares or for a later fixer upper when I have the energy to revisit it. :cool: (Incidentally all of it's main ICs work and a lot of checking occured so I reckon it is a PCB issue/loose connection/failing passive component).

Anyways this one arrived and much to my surprise it fully works  - including the keyboard and all the keys. (I usually expect at least a few keys not to work on XE membrane based A8 keyboards) :)

Really happy. I must admit I didn't think I'd like it so much but I think it's the fact it has a detatchable keyboard and is the only 6502 A8 computer line that is a console format. Plus I love the large Atari logo/wording. Still not convinced about the pastel console button colours.;)

Also wish the keyboard cable was at least 30cm longer.

I'll probably upgrade it with U1MB at some stage.:lust:

Love it. Had a quick play on Albert and also Henry's house running off an Atarimax 8Mbit cart. It is running off stock composite so image quality isn't what I am used to with my usual S-video set up.

Excuse the mess (some of which I've blotted out quickly as so horrendous!) :) ):

image.thumb.png.7e22985cec398a8dad0b0cb2a032230e.png   image.thumb.png.37cf5e2a3189916a91a1e7dd17c77fab.png

Edited by Beeblebrox
  • Like 2

Got this (presumably early 80s) joystick as part of a bundle of other Atari items. 

A JC 250  Champ #1 dual trigger joystick

Came boxed and even has pics of an Atari 2600, 400 and 800 on the side! Love the packaging.

Really large base on this joystick. Everything still working which is cool. All the suction cups on the underside are shot mind you. 

I played a few mins of Star Raiders on it. Actually seems a pretty good controller.:D

IMG_20221110_193648.jpg

IMG_20221110_193703.jpg

IMG_20221110_193717.jpg

IMG_20221110_193726.jpg

IMG_20221110_193734.jpg

IMG_20221110_193751.jpg

IMG_20221110_193832.jpg

IMG_20221110_193840.jpg

Edited by Beeblebrox
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Beeblebrox said:

Got this (presumably early 80s) joystick as part of a bundle of other Atari items. 

A JC 250  Champ #1 dual trigger joystick

Came boxed and even has pics of an Atari 2600, 400 and 800 on the side! Love the packaging.

Really large base on this joystick. Everything still working which is cool. All the suction cups on the underside are shot mind you. 

I played a few mins of Star Raiders on it. Actually seems a pretty good controller.:D

Not seen one of those before, I've never been a fan of those pistol grip type sticks.

If you can get the suction cups off, you might be able to get some life back in them by popping them in some boiling water 

*No refunds 

42 minutes ago, mimo said:

Not seen one of those before, I've never been a fan of those pistol grip type sticks.

If you can get the suction cups off, you might be able to get some life back in them by popping them in some boiling water 

*No refunds 

I know what ya mean. For some reason because the base of the joystick is so oversized it works quite well. Honestly it's the size of a plate!! :D Cable is a good length also on account of it being retractable. Hence the base size. Never seen a joystick with that feature before. 10Ft!!

I've a broken Quickshot I joystick with suction cups which if I wanted to I could maybe salvage cups from......so I may hold fire (pun intended) stickin these knackered ones in a pot on the hob next to my kettle heh heh. ;)

I've got a few different joysticks in the ol collection.

My go to joystick is an original Zipstik and i also have a Quickshot II (working) - both of which I have had for 30+ years. I also have a a Cheetah mach I, and an Apache 1. (I've also got a crappy Cheetah Annihilator which is really on it's last legs.)

I recently acquired in a bundle 2 x CX24 Atari 7800 pro controller joysticks (buttons need springs). They aren't the best for platformers but surprisingly for vertical shoot em ups they work quite well.

I also have control pads: namely a Competition pro controller like the old 7800 controllers and a 90's SNES controller with the excellent modern SNACK adapter. Love the latter, especially playing the likes of Atariblast!, The Last Squadron and Final Assault.

Edited by Beeblebrox
  • Like 1

Just bought an RS232 adaptor plate to use with my new motherboard (yes they are fitting RS232 ports back in PC motherboards, also a PS/2 port)

I find the USB/Serial ports unreliable and as I have an original SIO2PC with a nice long cable, I'm going back "old school" RS232 which works

faultlessly with my old PC.

• Like 1

I bought an incomplete 400 - no CPU nor RAM cards included. Fortunately, I had 2 CPU cards and a bunch of RAM cards removed from my 800 (after it got upgraded with an Incognito and an SCCC). Now it works... almost. I need a new keyboard, this one has 2 lines broken and 10 keys do not work. 

20221110_164909.jpg

• Like 4

Not quite the latest Atari related item(there's been a couple more, just don't tell the wife🤫) bought as it's almost 2 months since I did so but bought an 800XL and 1050 for £72.  Tonight I was finally able to make up a PSU for the 1050 and confirmed its working which is always a bonus when its listed as Spare Parts.

Another bonus was the disk in the drive, also working...good old Atari.

image.thumb.jpeg.3bc97ebafb1d79635e63c1b537c75450.jpeg

MultibootB.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...