IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

27 minutes ago, Mclaneinc said:

A bit related, just looked at my Ebay account and noticed that I had 2 messages re making offers, saying they had expired. Slightly confused as, although I have seen both the items while looking for stuff, I never made offers for either item. I don't need a C64C but was looking at C64's in general, and the other was a disk copy of baja buggies, again, no offer was made as I don't keep non digital images unless I've inherited them or been donated them. As I don't take non prescribed drugs and only have a sip of wine after I've finished with the PC for that day and don't drink enough to do that sort of thing (the odd glass once in a while)..Weird..

Lastly, as I've just finished paying out for the car tax and insurance, and had a failed MOT before that, I seriously don't have enough money TO make an offer....A bit troubling...I've got nothing up for sale and not had in some while...

I need something on my phone that prevents the ebay app from opening at odd hours of the night...

Still debating though if I want that Track and field controller + cart...

57 minutes ago, Beeblebrox said:

@Wrathchild nice. Upload some images.

You gonna install incognito? 

If you need a new power supply I've got a great cheap source of good quality ones. I've bought some for my 800, 1200XL, 850, 1050, etc

Ha, as I have been cleaning stuff up... I found a floppy drive I ordered ages ago that didn't come with a PSU.  A pcf554.  Ineed to track down a floppy cable too... but do you happen to know off-hand if a 1050 PSU will power it?

10 minutes ago, leech said:

Ha, as I have been cleaning stuff up... I found a floppy drive I ordered ages ago that didn't come with a PSU.  A pcf554.  Ineed to track down a floppy cable too... but do you happen to know off-hand if a 1050 PSU will power it?

No idea tbh. Is there a power spec on the drive? 

52 minutes ago, Beeblebrox said:

No idea tbh. Is there a power spec on the drive? 

Not that I can see.  I'll have to poke around.  It's kind of neat as it'll work on the PC4 that I have and the Atari ST, though I'm fairly certain no software for the Atari ST was released on 5.25" floppy disks :P  Guess it could be potentially useful for transferring stuff from an 8bit, or use in xformer...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265927120273
Very much looks like the same PSU as the 1050.

Edited by leech

1 hour ago, Beeblebrox said:

Just got one of these which I've been after for ages but couldn't source easily in the UK till now:

Right angle cart adapter for XE's

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/266084657381?hash=item3df3e1a8e5:g:m4QAAOSwxHtjwrDc

image.png.e571e04373ffa557974d833c8aa7a5ef.png

Would love to have one of these, if only they were available in the USA.  Shipping is way too expensive from over the Big Pond. 

2 minutes ago, gilsaluki said:

Would love to have one of these, if only they were available in the USA.  Shipping is way too expensive from over the Big Pond. 

Can't imagine these being too hard to make?  No one in the USA is selling them?  (I swear we need something like Seth Brundle was trying to make in The Fly)

On 12/30/2022 at 3:21 PM, andymanone said:

My very latest bargain on Ebay was an cool ATARI 8-BIT "TRAK 5,25 inch floppy drive" with track display😍!

It was offered for buy it now 49,95 USD and I didn't hesitate for a second and hit the buy button😎.

Cheers,

andY

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

Short update:

the TRAK floppy arrived safely on Friday🙂.

It had some defects, but I was able to fix them in the end and now it runs perfectly😎.

The whole story (how to fix it) can be found here in the ABBUC forum, but unfortunately in german language.

But if you are interested, you can use "Google Translator" or "DeepL"...

Cheers,

andY

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gilsaluki said:

8bitsofthepast had some, but her site is down.  Hopefully she'll be back online soon.

My understanding was this wasn't "temporary"... she's calling it a day.

Now maybe someone could buy the rights to everything or license it and start producing it again, that'd be great.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:

@Dropcheck,

still wanders the AA forums. More than likely gracious enough to put what was done on AA or archive.org etc.

so I put the attention getter on this msg thread.

Actually, it's kind of the wrong thread for it... if there were people interested in picking up where she left off, they should probably contact her and start a new one with their collective efforts.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2023 at 1:09 PM, gilsaluki said:

Yikes, 20 for shipping and another fiver for import chargers...that's almost double the cost of the thing.  Maybe contacting the seller and see if they will sell it outside eBay - that global shipping program is awful.  These aren't high risk items either, so need for all that extra insurance and crap.  I wouldn't mind one...but not at that price.

EDIT: so the listing says will only ship with Ebay global shipping.  should have read that first...too bad though.

Edited by Atari8guy
As usual, didn't read the entire story before I posted

Hello Atari8guy

If you don't pay import taxes up front, you most likely have to pay them after the package reaches the country of destination.  Sometimes that goes without hassle, but they might want to know more about the contents of the package.  That takes time.  And maybe they don't have time to proces that information directly.  Which also might take a some days.  And that you probably have to pay them for clearence.  So it's not gonna be cheap anyway, but paying up front might save you some time.

(I ordered a windscreen wiper arm plus wiper for my car from the UK.  It arrived in the Netherlands 4 days later.  It toke them a week to send me a letter asking for extra information.  I responded without 24 hours.  It toke them roughly 10 days to check the data and another 10 to get it to me.  Then the delivery guy forgot to charge me for the taxes and the clearance.)

Sincerely

Mathy

I am in the UK. I've used the Ebay global shipping programme several times as a buyer to buy Atari hardware from the States.

It takes into account the cost the seller will pay to ship it inside their country at domestic rates to a central ebay hub. Then on top of that you pay the international shipping fee and any import duties into your country which Ebay takes care of at the same time at checkout.

Ebay do all the customs paperwork on the seller's behalf so no delays because of form errors, etc etc. 

So for example if I bought a $40 atari computer pcb (say an 800 main pcb for arguments sake) shipping might be $25 and import duties $8. So $73 all in. 

If I wasn't dealing with ebay and bought it directly from the seller in the States I may or may not end up paying the same with their chosen courier and international postage and as mentioned I'd still likely have to pay import duties directly to my domestic courier my end before they release it. Often you won't know how much this these import duties fees are upfront. 

At least with Ebay's global shipping programme you know how much you are paying upfront, you pay it all securely at checkout, and you have the ebay price guarantee, as well as the standard tracking and insurance. If it gets damaged you will get your money back. (I know this from personal experience). 

Ebay has it's flaws and damn they can charge some high fees when you are selling on there!! However I have no problem with their global shipping programme for the aforementioned reasons.

At the end of the day if I cannot source an Atari part in the UK and have to get it from overseas, I'd rather go down this route. 

Did this for my 1200XL which I paid quite high shipping costs for but very happy at the end of the day as nowhere in the UK sells 1200XLs. Mine was in mint condition. :)

Edited by Beeblebrox