IGNORED

The 1450XLD fake thread

atarinoob

I assume you have access to some nice router equipment and plastic workshop equipment

Nope. All is done by hand using Saw, file, Dremel and sandpaper.

Glad you like it, Curt.

What about some detailed pics of a real 1450XLD?

Cya,

Beetle

Stay tuned, I'll have your dream coming soon as part of the launch of Atari Museum Store this coming summer - mechanical drawings of the 1400, 1450, 1090 and others will be made available via a new print on demand system being setup, the printout will come stamp seals on them to show their authenticity and this is part of a new opening of the doors project I've been working with Atari on. So you'll have all of the details needs to really sawing, filing and cutting to make your dream cases, btw I love that CF card drive you made, I did something similar a few years back with a laptop floppy drive and a full sized 1030 case.

Curt

I assume you have access to some nice router equipment and plastic workshop equipment

Nope. All is done by hand using Saw, file, Dremel and sandpaper.

Glad you like it, Curt.

What about some detailed pics of a real 1450XLD?

Cya,

Beetle

• 10 years later...

Accidentally found this thread, nice. :)

Anyway, I wonder what happened to this brave plan?

Stay tuned, I'll have your dream coming soon as part of the launch of Atari Museum Store this coming summer - mechanical drawings of the 1400, 1450, 1090 and others will be made available via a new print on demand system being setup, the printout will come stamp seals on them to show their authenticity and this is part of a new opening of the doors project I've been working with Atari on.

• Like 3

Nice thread, Curt has posted some updates indicating that he had prolonged health problems which probably explains why many of his projects (like the 2nd and 3rd Atari book, 7800XM expansion and the one mentioned here) are late. We can only hope that he recovers and still finds it worthwhile to entertain us with stuff like this.

• Like 3

Stuff happens and life throws curve balls for everyone eventually. But it looks like the XM project is really going to have a happy ending this year based on a new topic that Curt started over in the 7800 area. And other things he intended to do will likely follow.

Reminds me of what can happen to even the best of us, and how no matter our intentions, things can still get derailed.

Anyway certainly glad that we still have Curt in the land of the living, and obviously still quite involved with the Atari. At this point I am grateful for anything he accomplishes and puts out there :) .

- Michael

• Like 6

Is Beetle the same guy who did the portable XL machine ? I saw that machine for real a good number of years ago and had a nice chat with its creator.....it looked amazing....I couldn't find one seem and I am still puzzled how one can fix cut off plastic parts together like that.

Anyway..Beetle ....with his plastic "welding" skills probably could fix this screw up....????

post-25272-0-48250100-1515238814_thumb.jpg

Edited by Level42