IGNORED

WARNING Scammer alert! EDIT: Confirmed!

CPUWIZ

Dude, I was talking about his girlfriend. It's got to be embarrassing enough to be e-mailed by a bunch of video game people telling her about her crook boy-friend. But to bring her looks into it just isn't well...very nice. I could care less about what you say to him. She didn't rip anyone off. And for all I know maybe she broke up with the thief. But if she still reads these forums, maybe to see what he's up to, that would really hurt HER feelings.

Fat people don't have feelings. They are also one of the last groups of people that we can make nasty comments about without feeling bad about ourselves. We can't make fun of minorities because they supposedly didn't choose their race, but fat people are fat because they are disgusting, worthless, subhumans with no discipline (until they lose weight and suddenly become worthy of respect and kindness). Ugly people (no matter how much they weigh) should be rounded up and shot. We shouldn't have to look at that mess. I say be pretty or die!

You shouldn't believe everything you read, you silly goose.

Maybe, I shouldn't believe everything I read, but a post like this sure shows your true colors. The world fought hard, paid a dear price to defeat the Nazi's in hopes of changing peoples attitudes and ridding people of the world like the one you just portrayed to be. Kidding or not, that was unecessary and in poor taste. If anyone doesn't have feelings..... well, enuf said. :(

-Lee

I think the 'invisible to guests' idea put forth by CPUWIZ should be put into effect. I've heard of WAY too many people (good, hard working people) get burned outta hard earned money around here from scammers. I don't want that to ever happen to me or anyone else who hasn't been the victim of a dirty deal. This kinda stuff just pisses me off. :x These people pollute the otherwise calm landscape of AA. :D :cool: ;)

I can't believe this guy hasn't been thrown in jail yet, he is random, but has got himself in trouble everywhere I've seen him, hoestly I think the banning of him from buying and selling forums, will save a lot of headaches and arguments later.

Dude, I was talking about his girlfriend. It's got to be embarrassing enough to be e-mailed by a bunch of video game people telling her about her crook boy-friend. But to bring her looks into it just isn't well...very nice. I could care less about what you say to him. She didn't rip anyone off. And for all I know maybe she broke up with the thief. But if she still reads these forums, maybe to see what he's up to, that would really hurt HER feelings.

Fat people don't have feelings. They are also one of the last groups of people that we can make nasty comments about without feeling bad about ourselves. We can't make fun of minorities because they supposedly didn't choose their race, but fat people are fat because they are disgusting, worthless, subhumans with no discipline (until they lose weight and suddenly become worthy of respect and kindness). Ugly people (no matter how much they weigh) should be rounded up and shot. We shouldn't have to look at that mess. I say be pretty or die!

You shouldn't believe everything you read, you silly goose.

Maybe, I shouldn't believe everything I read, but a post like this sure shows your true colors. The world fought hard, paid a dear price to defeat the Nazi's in hopes of changing peoples attitudes and ridding people of the world like the one you just portrayed to be. Kidding or not, that was unecessary and in poor taste. If anyone doesn't have feelings..... well, enuf said. :(

-Lee

:thumbsup:

:(

I read through this post and keep thinking the same thing, if you are going to be ripping people off on the internet, you probably shouldn't upload a picture of yourself.

It's a shame that the girl is being brought into this though, maybe removing the link to that picture would be good. Or, maybe someone could post the picture here and crop her out.

:ponder:

Then again, she could know everything and not give a shit.

Maybe, I shouldn't believe everything I read, but a post like this sure shows your true colors. The world fought hard, paid a dear price to defeat the Nazi's in hopes of changing peoples attitudes and ridding people of the world like the one you just portrayed to be. Kidding or not, that was unnecessary and in poor taste. If anyone doesn't have feelings..... well, enuf said. :(

True colors? I am overweight and ugly. If I really meant what I said, I would have to kill myself. I took the existing negative comment(s) about fat people and magnified them to show how evil that kind of thinking is. Many people feel all puffed up and self-important because they no longer say racist things, but they still feel it's OK to attack other groups in a similar way. I think it was necessary and if you don't like the flavor of my post, stop licking the monitor.

I took the existing negative comment(s) about fat people and magnified them to show how evil that kind of thinking is. Many people feel all puffed up and self-important because they no longer say racist things, but they still feel it's OK to attack other groups in a similar way.

I've always been thin-- well, up until middle age, when my middle started to get thicker!-- but it's always bugged me how some people dehumanize other people because of their weight. I remember an ad in the videogame magazines many years ago, I think it was for a Data Age game (or Data Something-Or-Other). The ad was basically saying how cool and popular you'd be if you bought the game, because everyone would want to come over and play it. It really rubbed me the wrong way, because (if I remember correctly) it used names for people, like Suzie or Bill or Tom and so on, but then threw in "even that fat kid down the block," or something like that. Huh, everybody had a name except "that fat kid," and none of the other people were referred to by their physical characteristics (like "that black girl," or "that blue-eyed boy," or "that tall guy"). It really bothered me, and actually made me want to *not* buy the game! The sad thing is, I kind of doubt that the game company was even aware that they were being offensive.

Michael

@Al: I believe it is time for you to make the marketplace forum invisible to people who are not logged in, it invites people like this to sign up and try and rip people off. Just a thought.

That's what DP now does to keep folks like this from popping up and scamming the members, hence Al's having to log in to see the thread over yonder. You know, the comment he made earlier preceeded by his :roll: . I don't believe he'll take this route here on AA, as he apparently found it somewhat bothersome over there.

Edited by Snider-man

OK, thanks everyone! I was going to put a MO and an couple games in the mail today to this guy for a trade. But with that many people clkaiming ripoff, not gonna happen. I was leery with him being new and selling right off the bat, but I am fairly new here too, so thought I would give him a chance. Not now.

Thanks again.

OK, thanks everyone! I was going to put a MO and an couple games in the mail today to this guy for a trade. But with that many people clkaiming ripoff, not gonna happen. I was leery with him being new and selling right off the bat, but I am fairly new here too, so thought I would give him a chance. Not now.

Thanks again.

Same here, I was going to mail something today but then I saw this. I told him to send first or the deal was off. No response.

Thanks to the topic starter and the person who notified them, it saved me some money and some games.

@Al: I believe it is time for you to make the marketplace forum invisible to people who are not logged in, it invites people like this to sign up and try and rip people off. Just a thought.

That's what DP now does to keep folks like this from popping up and scamming the members, hence Al's having to log in to see the thread over yonder. You know, the comment he made earlier preceeded by his :roll: . I don't believe he'll take this route here on AA, as he apparently found it somewhat bothersome over there.

I was more aggravated that it took a long time before I was able to retrieve my password and login to read the thread (the site is still quite slow at certain operations it seems). I can understand the rationale behind hiding that forum, but there have been very few issues here with bad traders and they are usually outed pretty quickly. By leaving the forum public, that means people searching in Google for this bozo will hit the threads here and potentially be warned to stay away. If I hide the forum, those posts will be invisible to Google. Likewise, people looking for items that people list here are visible in Google, opening them up to a wider audience. You're always going to have bad apples. If it was an epidemic, I'd change my stance on this.

..Al

I can't believe this guy hasn't been thrown in jail yet, he is random, but has got himself in trouble everywhere I've seen him, hoestly I think the banning of him from buying and selling forums, will save a lot of headaches and arguments later.

I banned him entirely from the site after I read the thread on DP (as I mentioned in one of my earlier posts).

..Al

It's a shame that the girl is being brought into this though, maybe removing the link to that picture would be good. Or, maybe someone could post the picture here and crop her out.

Odd's are if they are a serious couple she probably knows everything, I'm not saying it's not possible she doesn't know but chances are she does and they probably laugh and brag about it together. If he does this a lot she would have to wonder at least. I'm not saying it justifies ripping on her I'm just saying she is probably in on it if there still together :)

Odd's are if they are a serious couple she probably knows everything, I'm not saying it's not possible she doesn't know but chances are she does and they probably laugh and brag about it together. If he does this a lot she would have to wonder at least. I'm not saying it justifies ripping on her I'm just saying she is probably in on it if there still together :)

or she's only with him because of the money he was raking in from his evil deeds. Glad his scheme was found out, I was tempted by his Breath of Fire 2 cart he had for sale..

It's possible that since Al hasn't been there in so long, that he didn't realize he had to log in to view.

Regardless, I'm glad to see that both sites are willing to work together (somewhat) to banish this scammer.

Maybe instead of making the marketplace invisible, it should be made so that no user's highest activity could be here. I know the user profiles tell you where any given user posts the most often, so it may be possible to limit further posts in the marketplace until the user actually contributes to other topics in the forum.

I used to not trade with anyone who had under 500 posts. I still don't--unless I've had conversations with them on the boards, or I've read their conversations with other and they seem to have their head on correctly.

@Juan Dixon: CPUWIZ is one of the most fair moderators I've seen. If you got his attention from your actions on other forums, you really messed up. Sorry, dude. I'd do the same thing CPUWIZ did anyway.

Edited by shadow460

Maybe instead of making the marketplace invisible, it should be made so that no user's highest activity could be here. I know the user profiles tell you where any given user posts the most often, so it may be possible to limit further posts in the marketplace until the user actually contributes to other topics in the forum.

I used to not trade with anyone who had under 500 posts. I still don't--unless I've had conversations with them on the boards, or I've read their conversations with other and they seem to have their head on correctly.

@Juan Dixon: CPUWIZ is one of the most fair moderators I've seen. If you got his attention from your actions on other forums, you really messed up. Sorry, dude. I'd do the same thing CPUWIZ did anyway.

CPUWIZ is one of the most fair moderators I've seen.

yep!

Juan pm'd me on Jan 5th that he had a game I was looking for. It was a very nice CIB, Zellers Sea Hawk. He said as long as I named a price he'd take it as he found it at a thrift store and really didn't have much use for it. Juan told me he lived in Flordia and I thought it was unusal for a Canadian only title to end up in the US, but it's been several years and people can move. The bells started going off when I asked him if he took Paypal and he said no because he doesn't have a bank account, and it would have to be a money order only. I emailed him back saying since he was new on our boards what references did he have? (ebay,other forums), and he said that he came from Cheapassgamer.com and GameTZ, but nothing about DP. I then asked him to send me a picture so I could make him a fair offer based on it's condition. He responded that he had no digital camera, and no scanner. He then later responded he had a film camera and would take a picture of the box that he would get digitized at Walgreens. I'm still waiting...doesn't look good. :sad: I haven't read the DP thread yet and this is just an account of what happened to me.

Whoa, just saw the picture of his girlfriend, I think that is punishment enough...yikes

That wasn't very nice. I didn't mention his name, address, or anything else about him (Girlfriend also).I just sent the link to the Mod (CPUWIZ) so the folks here wouldn't get ripped off, and could deduce for themselves.

Agreed. Some very nice people can end up with some total assholes once in a while. No sense dragging her through the mud too. There's no evidence except for the boyfriend.

My thought is that if you want to come on a site like this and start ripping people off then you are fair game. If you dont want your personal info put out there, then play by the rules like everyone else does.

Dude, I was talking about his girlfriend. It's got to be embarrasing enough to be e-mailed by a bunch of video game people telling her about her crook boy-friend. But to bring her looks into it just isn't well...very nice. I could care less about what you say to him. She didn't rip anyone off. And for all I know maybe she broke up with the thief. But if she still reads these forums, maybe to see what he's up to, that would really hurt HER feelings.

I agree, dont drag her into this, she probibaly has no idea he is a scam, hopefully she will not marry him, or better yet mabye she will and divorce him and take 1/2 of everything :)

The bells started going off when I asked him if he took Paypal and he said no because he doesn't have a bank account, and it would have to be a money order only.
This is actually a point in favor of everyone he's scammed. By taking payment through the mail (even if it's only $1, or an item of value which he offered to buy or take in trade) and delivering nothing, he's guilty of mail fraud, a federal offense. How many people has he ripped off? Dozens? By making a "federal case out of it", the victims can make this turd pay a huge fine or spend 10 years or more in prison.

Anyone remember the movie The Firm? I can't find the script online, so I'm not sure of the exact line but it was something like up to 10 years in prison and $10,000 fine for each count of mail fraud.

Edited by A.J. Franzman

Maybe, I shouldn't believe everything I read, but a post like this sure shows your true colors. The world fought hard, paid a dear price to defeat the Nazi's in hopes of changing peoples attitudes and ridding people of the world like the one you just portrayed to be. Kidding or not, that was unnecessary and in poor taste. If anyone doesn't have feelings..... well, enuf said. :(

True colors? I am overweight and ugly. If I really meant what I said, I would have to kill myself. I took the existing negative comment(s) about fat people and magnified them to show how evil that kind of thinking is. Many people feel all puffed up and self-important because they no longer say racist things, but they still feel it's OK to attack other groups in a similar way. I think it was necessary and if you don't like the flavor of my post, stop licking the monitor.

I never, ever quote you because your comments make me cringe. Just after I cringe twice, I laugh, nervously. Keep up the good work.

That was a pretty scathing post, tho. :ponder:

I never, ever quote you because your comments make me cringe. Just after I cringe twice, I laugh, nervously. Keep up the good work.

That was a pretty scathing post, tho. :ponder:

Yeah, sometimes I post what I really think and other times I say the opposite in a way that I think will be understood. I'm not a master of sarcasm and irony, so even those who are not totally dense can misunderstand. It is kind of funny when a do-gooder pops up to condemn me to hell when I was trying to be a do-gooder myself. Even a tame post can quickly cause the formation of a Message Board Mob, so posting anything can be hazardous.

The bells started going off when I asked him if he took Paypal and he said no because he doesn't have a bank account, and it would have to be a money order only.
This is actually a point in favor of everyone he's scammed. By taking payment through the mail (even if it's only $1, or an item of value which he offered to buy or take in trade) and delivering nothing, he's guilty of mail fraud, a federal offense. How many people has he ripped off? Dozens? By making a "federal case out of it", the victims can make this turd pay a huge fine or spend 10 years or more in prison.

Anyone remember the movie The Firm? I can't find the script online, so I'm not sure of the exact line but it was something like up to 10 years in prison and $10,000 fine for each count of mail fraud.

Question is.. is the mailing address he gives out real? Would make him rather stupid to give out all of his actual information.