IGNORED

sweetsstuff4u ships boxed game in bubble envelope

holygrailvideogames.com

I can see someone who is not a game dealer shipping a boxed game in a bubble envelope. I don't understand at all when game dealers do this.

Greed. Bubble envelopes are much cheaper than boxes, plus they don't require any additional packing material. Additionally, they are much lighter than a box, so the seller saves money on shipping also. People who don't give a rat's ass about customer satisfication will penny pinch any way they can once they get your money.

..Al

Hmmm...

I would think that free boxes from USPS are cheaper than bubble envelopes. :roll:

That only works if you're using Priority Mail. I'm sure in that case he'd definitely use the boxes, since they are free. But he used a bubble mailer, which is extremely light, and less expensive than boxes. Priority Mail boxes now have "PRIORITY MAIL" printed on the inside of them so you can't reverse them for use with other mail classes.

..Al

I noticed SS4U has placed a bid on an item i'm watching.

I'm not gong to bid if he always does win at any cost but thought I'd share this if someone else does.

It's too bad that some sellers ship very poorly.

I had the same thing happen to me very recently where I told the seller to ship in a box and instead, received a crushed item in a paper envelope.

I emailed a photo to the seller showing the damage and explaining what he did wrong.

I did'nt ask for a refund nor have I left any feed back but waited for the seller's responce.

When he got back to me and offered to refund in an amount that nets me less than $2 my end in return for the damaged products (return postage at my expense), I replied with a rejection of his offer and told him just for making that offer alone shows he really deserves the negative feedback I left for him immediatly afterward.

It was the very first negative I left for anyone on ebay and I did so as descretely as possible. No cursing, no threats or demands on my part. Although I have !00% feed, I was'nt afraid to speak out. I was honest and the seller knew it.

I sent only a reply declaring the facts to him full of conviction, justifying my action and closing the case while cutting my loss.

I have not heard again from the seller since.

He did keep my money.

I still have my items and got no retalitory feedback from him...

..at least not yet.

I can see someone who is not a game dealer shipping a boxed game in a bubble envelope. I don't understand at all when game dealers do this.

Greed. Bubble envelopes are much cheaper than boxes, plus they don't require any additional packing material. Additionally, they are much lighter than a box, so the seller saves money on shipping also. People who don't give a rat's ass about customer satisfication will penny pinch any way they can once they get your money.

..Al

Hmmm...

I would think that free boxes from USPS are cheaper than bubble envelopes. :roll:

That only works if you're using Priority Mail. I'm sure in that case he'd definitely use the boxes, since they are free. But he used a bubble mailer, which is extremely light, and less expensive than boxes. Priority Mail boxes now have "PRIORITY MAIL" printed on the inside of them so you can't reverse them for use with other mail classes.

..Al

If we were in need of a box to use to ship something and it was the perfect size in a pinch we've once or twice just covered a priority mail box with brown paper. It's not like we didn't ship it via the mail anyway. Does that make us bad people? lol :ponder:

Yeah, the cost of materials is included in the price of Priority mail, so if you don't pay for Priority Mail, the materials are stolen! I wouldn't lose any sleep over it, though.

They used to give out free packing tape, but stopped when they realized people were using it for everything else, like moving boxes, etc.

They also print on the inside of the box to discourage turning the box inside out. I've received boxes since then where the seller brazenly crossed out the Priority Mail printing with a Sharpie!

I've also gotten lip from Postal employees when I turned an old, USED Priority Mail box inside out and used it for Parcel Post. What, they never heard of recycling? :roll:

Yep... I've had them tell me that they will send the packages back to me if I turned a priority box inside out. I've had three returned. Then I found out the boxes never left my post office and they simply held them for about a week or so and then returned them to me. I raised hell over that one.

I used to work postal. Never before was that information in the DMM (Domestic Mail Manual). I'd still like them to show it to me now...

..Al

Hmmm...

..Al

If we were in need of a box to use to ship something and it was the perfect size in a pinch we've once or twice just covered a priority mail box with brown paper. It's not like we didn't ship it via the mail anyway. Does that make us bad people? lol :ponder:

I had someone send me a game in a priority box turned inside out years ago. This was before the post office labeled the boxes as priority in the inside. It arrived postage due because the guy sent it first class mail.

Yeah, the cost of materials is included in the price of Priority mail, so if you don't pay for Priority Mail, the materials are stolen! I wouldn't lose any sleep over it, though.

They used to give out free packing tape, but stopped when they realized people were using it for everything else, like moving boxes, etc.

They also print on the inside of the box to discourage turning the box inside out. I've received boxes since then where the seller brazenly crossed out the Priority Mail printing with a Sharpie!

I've also gotten lip from Postal employees when I turned an old, USED Priority Mail box inside out and used it for Parcel Post. What, they never heard of recycling? :roll:

Well, many times we send out stuff via priority not in priority boxes though. *sigh* I never thought of it that way that the price of priority mail included priority mail boxes.

As McGrail0007 said though I would have been very upset had the people who received those 2 boxes been billed extra becuase of it we just had totally ran out of boxes at the time. I'd rather re-use priority mail boxes that we've gotten and cover them with paper then them go to waste though. I worry too much. :sad:

Hey folks, I realize I'm a new poster and everything I say is taken with a grain of salt, but I just wanted to thank the AtariAge community for providing me with the research material I needed on this guy.

Last night I threw about 38 Jaguar-related auctions on eBay (anyone who has been on there recently probably know anyway, I've got a Battlesphere in there!) and the first thing I did was block out this guy to keep him away from it. Wouldn't you know it, it took twenty minutes from the auction's start time to get my first "question" asking why he couldn't bid, and an insult calling me a "hater".

Twelve hours, later, I received an even lovlier "question" which I had the joy of posting to the actual auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...813674&rd=1

And since then I've even received a third followup question, which is borderline harrassment. You can be damned sure I've reported the behavior to eBay. Mind you, in all three posts, there wasn't a single properly used period. God that bugs me.

Anyways yea, thanks guys. You saved me a major headache. I figure if anything this is a good opportunity to get his actions noticed by some eBay watchdog.

--Needle

Hey folks, I realize I'm a new poster and everything I say is taken with a grain of salt, but I just wanted to thank the AtariAge community for providing me with the research material I needed on this guy.

Welcome to Atari Age :)

His other traits aside, I'd think that many people here were turned off by him coming here, initially posturing himself as a 'collector' then acting like a giant jackass, and then 'threatening' Al and AA (even as ridiculous as that threat was).

Twelve hours, later, I received an even lovlier "question" which I had the joy of posting to the actual auction:
Q: this really shows how childish some of you people are on ebay what the hell do you care who buys the stuff as long as you get paid for it oh i forgot you want this stuff to go to a collector screw the collector money is money you remind me of the sorry asses on atari age they walk around with there ass on there shoulders to. blocking me oh your such a goody too shoe i waste more money then you keep in your wallet

Ah, yes 'screw the collector' - Nice choice of words there. Certainly shows the love you professed for the community.

Thanks for having me here :) This guy is a complete headcase and I don't want him anywhere near my auctions. Bottom line is, this Jaguar stuff should go to the people who will appreciate it the most, and the thought of this guy getting his hands on it repulses me.

dang you have some good stuff for sale :)

You're tellin' me! I'd be lying if I said it was mine. Truth is I'm auctioning off this stuff for a friend, who has one of the most amazing game collections I've ever seen. It's just absolute insanity. We're going through a box at a time and getting it all out the door. We want it all going to good homes. There's more to come too, I think next week there's a virtually complete set of never-touched Lynx stuff. Good times.

And, on topic, we package our game boxes in *boxes*, not mailers ;) We're both collectors at heart and understand the collector mentality.

Anyways, I didn't mean to threadjack this with a plug. More than anything I wanted to make the situation at hand known to you so we can all laugh at it together. :)

"[T]his really shows how childish some of you people are on ebay[. W]hat the hell do you care who buys the stuff[,] as long as you get paid for it[? O]h[, I] forgot[,] you want this stuff to go to a collector[. S]crew the collector[,] money is money[. Y]ou remind me of the sorry asses on [A]tari [A]ge[,] they walk around with th[eir] ass[es] on th[eir] shoulders to[o]. locking me[,] oh you['re] such a goody t[w]o shoe[s. I] waste more money th[a]n you keep in your wallet[.]"

Just wanted to correct this clown's rant. But to be fair, there was one period in there in the right place!

Hi Needle and welcome to AtariAge!

Thanks for sharing your run-in with sweetsstuff4u. Gotta' love how he couldn't leave well enough alone and had to give everyone another public data point on what a jerk he is. I'm curious if eBay will respond at all to what you sent them.

Good luck with your auctions!

..Al

Last night I threw about 38 Jaguar-related auctions on eBay (anyone who has been on there recently probably know anyway, I've got a Battlesphere in there!) --Needle

Yep... I threw $200 at the BS... I didn't think it would be enough... but I tried! LOL

HOLY CRAP!

Needle, I just read that 'stuff' from 'sweetsstuf4u'! Absolutely unbelievable!!

Thanks for barring him from your auctions so that the "real fans" can have a decent chance! I've already put in bids on three of your items.

You da man!

Last night I threw about 38 Jaguar-related auctions on eBay (anyone who has been on there recently probably know anyway, I've got a Battlesphere in there!) and the first thing I did was block out this guy to keep him away from it. Wouldn't you know it, it took twenty minutes from the auction's start time to get my first "question" asking why he couldn't bid, and an insult calling me a "hater".

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...813674&rd=1

And since then I've even received a third followup question, which is borderline harrassment. You can be damned sure I've reported the behavior to eBay. Mind you, in all three posts, there wasn't a single properly used period. God that bugs me.

Anyways yea, thanks guys. You saved me a major headache. I figure if anything this is a good opportunity to get his actions noticed by some eBay watchdog.

--Needle

This alone got me to bid on 2 of your auctions ;)

You know.. it looks like a few people are ticked off at this guy..but damn..his feedback on ebay isn't that bad at all..

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...d=-1&de=off

I am not to sure of what transpired around here...but it looks like in ebay land he is well liked.

Are there other threads that tell the whole story on this guy.. I have a feeling there has to me wrong than just this thread as his feedback doesn't reflect poor service.. let me know as I would like to know more before making any decisions as to whether or not do any business with this guy.

If I never saw this thread..on the surface he looks Ok to me..

Edited by ItsAtariTime

If ADOL had an issue with him regarding the games he sent.. why withdraw the neg? The damage was already done..that one I don't understand.

As far as the neutrals.. that one is crazy..looks like he might have harassed the person to give feedback..

I know that screen doesn't look great.. but damn.. he has a TON of happy customers..and even this month 599 positives and 2 Negs..

I am not supporting him..just curious as there has to be more going on here..